Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

trebor8273 23rd January 2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 518489)
I dunno, there's plenty of people who'd buy the Complete Teletubbies Collection if Arrow released it :lol:

Yep they do have a lot of fanboys who will defend any old crap they release.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd January 2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 518248)
Mine arrived today, and it looks awesome. Now all I need is a spare 10 hours to watch the extended Man Of Iron on the bonus disc!

Attachment 186055

I know!
I thought that was a misprint when I read it!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd January 2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 518472)
Well there goes another limited edition box.:rolleyes:

There goes my Scream Factory disc.....:lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd January 2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 518489)
I dunno, there's plenty of people who'd buy the Complete Teletubbies Collection if Arrow released it :lol:

:pound:

Yeah some of those Academy releases are undefendable....

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd January 2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 518467)
***50,000 LIKES SURPRISE TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT!***

We also want to take this opportunity to say a HUGE thanks to every single one of you for supporting Arrow Video and helping us reach 50k likes today - we really couldn't have done it without all of you.

Thanks for being awesome!

Team Arrow.

50,000 likes?

That's 5000 less than i have on here. :lol:

platostotal 23rd January 2017 10:13 PM

Like the rest my UK BD of The Thing is great, nice feature length doc, nice P.Q. and good commentary, so maybe a 4K scan or an updated doc might help but unless Carpenter has an unseen 'Directors cut' up his sleeve(doubtful) can't get too excited at this stage.

TJ Doc 23rd January 2017 10:27 PM

Actually the current UK release from Universal is just a tad crap since it suffers from an unnecessary slathering of digital noise reduction, so this is great news!

Figured I'd have to import the Scream disc to see the remastered transfer, but now I guess I'll just wait for the local option.

J Harker 23rd January 2017 10:31 PM

I can't see what they can do that makes it worth upgrading. The Thing as had decent releases in the UK from the early days of dvd , to be honest I'm quite surprised Arrow would bother. I imagine we'll be getting a Ltd Ed jobby with a book and possibly a soundtrack cd. I don't really have much interest in 4k transfers and all that jazz. Decent HD quality is good enough for me as is.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd January 2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 518517)
I can't see what they can do that makes it worth upgrading. The Thing as had decent releases in the UK from the early days of dvd , to be honest I'm quite surprised Arrow would bother. I imagine we'll be getting a Ltd Ed jobby with a book and possibly a soundtrack cd. I don't really have much interest in 4k transfers and all that jazz. Decent HD quality is good enough for me as is.

It's one of those films where the original releases were brilliant for extras anyway as you say. Anything new is surely just retreading over old ground.

Maybe they have something special in the works?

J Harker 23rd January 2017 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518520)
It's one of those films where the original releases were brilliant for extras anyway as you say. Anything new is surely just retreading over old ground.

Maybe they have something special in the works?

I'm interested, but not excited. Prince of Darkness is gagging for a UK blu. Hell even the dvd's could be improved on. The Thing has been well represented from day one.