Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2017, 07:14 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Arrow have announced that Rick Hearst of Brain Damage fame will be appearing at Texas Frightmare Weekend. Seems a good chance Arrow has this as a future release.
I really hope so as it's a fave of mine.
Old 27th January 2017, 09:41 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

From Arrow's Facebook page...

"Without mentioning titles, I can say that we’re currently working on some fantastic Argento titles and all will be new and exclusive 4K restorations sourced from the original negatives." Home Cinema Choice magazine chat to James White about digital restoration, upcoming Argento's and American Horror Project Vol 2..."
Old 27th January 2017, 09:58 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post

"Without mentioning titles, I can say that we’re currently working on some fantastic Argento titles and all will be new and exclusive 4K restorations sourced from the original negatives." Home Cinema Choice magazine chat to James White about digital restoration, upcoming Argento's and American Horror Project Vol 2..."
From this article

Breathing fresh life into cult classics on Blu-ray - Software
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th January 2017, 12:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

here' is a quick recap of the interview in terms of future projects/announcements:

on American Horror Project - "We’re currently working on Volume Two - an announcement will be forthcoming soon I’m sure - and are figuring out what should be on Volume 3. This is a really important series for us, and one we’d like to keep going as long as possible."

"Without mentioning titles, I can say that we’re currently working on some fantastic Argento titles and all will be new and exclusive 4K restorations sourced from the original negatives. These are all on track to be released in 2017, so watch out for an announcement on these very soon!"

"We will be doing more Bava in 2017 though, mark my words!"

"We would love to work on the Ringu films, absolutely! The problem is the rights are currently tied up, but never say never!"

"Yeah, we're restoring The Crazies and Season of the Witch, both in 4K from the original elements,"

"On a related note, I have to confess I'm slightly disappointed that we're not restoring Night of the Living Dead, which I had always hoped we'd do. That said, it's being restored by Martin Scorsese's Film Foundation, so I'm happy that at least it's going to be done well!"

"I view Borowczyk as sort of an ongoing project with us… His one Polish feature, The Story of Sin, has now been restored and I we’ll be putting that out fairly soon. That’s a really important film by him that deserves to be seen by as many people possible. The Borowczyk title I would love to see us restore is La Marge."
plasterface and keirarts like this.
Old 27th January 2017, 12:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Looking forward to Season of the Witch immensely. One of my fave Romero films.
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.
Old 27th January 2017, 01:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
"The Borowczyk title I would love to see us restore is La Marge."
I don't understand how people can like that film, I gave it another go recently and it's utter garbage, it literally feels unfinished or butchered by the studio.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th January 2017, 03:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post

Really looking forward to the Argento titles. I'm hoping that Suspiria will be one of them.
Old 27th January 2017, 03:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Really looking forward to the Argento titles. I'm hoping that Suspiria will be one of them.
the wording of the quote (e.g. 'exclusive') seems to suggest they won't be the same as the ones Synapse are working on - unless of course they mean 'exclusive' to the UK?
Old 27th January 2017, 03:16 PM
Active Cultist

great buy more films you all ready own **** off,same shit over and over,release something new ffs
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th January 2017, 03:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer time View Post
great buy more films you all ready own **** off,same shit over and over,release something new ffs
an interesting part of the interview acknowledges your concerns here - apparently there is less availability for Blu ray than there ever was for VHS and DVD

"It's been interesting to me that with every time we make technical progress and migrate from one home video format to another, the quality improves but as a consequence, the number of available titles decreases. I mean, VHS enjoyed over 20 years as the standard home delivery format. Now I don't mean to say that during that time VHS released everything that had ever been produced on film – far from it – but that by the time the format had run its course it had covered significant cinematic ground. It certainly covered a wider spectrum than DVD has, and there's no question that Blu-ray, as much as I love the format, has only released a fraction of the titles DVD did.

So it seems that with each upgrade in quality, the fewer films we actually have available to see."

Like this? Share it using the links below!