Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Justin101 11th February 2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 320042)
It's well worth upgrading to Blu-ray, but try and buy the American one which has the film in its original aspect ratio of 1.33:1 and 1.85:1.

Is it a region free disc? - i'm not multi region yet.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th February 2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 320826)
Is it a region free disc? - i'm not multi region yet.

No, it's locked to Region A, which is a shame for every Evil Dead fan who doesn't live in the US or isn't multi region.

Justin101 11th February 2013 02:11 PM

I will be eventually but I need to save some money to buy a decent modded player.

fuzzymctiger 11th February 2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 320825)
Seems like Deranged is going to be released by Arrow

And Squirm.

Both blu ray.

Zann 11th February 2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 320825)
Seems like Deranged is going to be released by Arrow

Cool, with or without brain scooping....gotta be with in these enlightened times. Got the German version so no double dipping for me..this time at anyrate :)

sawyer6 12th February 2013 05:28 PM

Plus two more Tinto Brass

BAKA 23rd February 2013 12:40 PM

I wonder how likely Zombie Lake and Oasis Of The Zombies are for release from Arrow. I know they've put both out on DVD in the past, and with them both now having HD Masters, I'm wondering whether I should hold off the Redemption releases. Arrow certainly did a better job with Black Sunday and Lisa And The Devil, and ideally I'd like to support releases in my home territory.

I remember liking one of these and disliking the other, but for the life of me I can't remember which is which. :lol:

the blob 23rd February 2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 323603)

I remember liking one of these and disliking the other, but for the life of me I can't remember which is which. :lol:

Are you prepared to take the risk of watching them both again to see which one? :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd February 2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 323603)
I wonder how likely Zombie Lake and Oasis Of The Zombies are for release from Arrow. I know they've put both out on DVD in the past, and with them both now having HD Masters, I'm wondering whether I should hold off the Redemption releases. Arrow certainly did a better job with Black Sunday and Lisa And The Devil, and ideally I'd like to support releases in my home territory.

I remember liking one of these and disliking the other, but for the life of me I can't remember which is which. :lol:

I can't think of any reason why Arrow wouldn't release any Jean Rollin films they are undoubtedly more popular than Tinto Brass softcore. Although I've had the Black Sunday and Lisa and the Devil BDs for about a week, I haven't watched them yet, so can't compare the AV quality to the Redemption/Kino releases.

As I have all the Redemption/Kino BDs so far, I bought Zombie Lake and Oasis of the Zombies because they were released and to keep the spine numbering going. Yes, I am sad like that!

BAKA 23rd February 2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 323605)
Are you prepared to take the risk of watching them both again to see which one? :lol:

Sadly yes :( I'm a glutton for punishment. At least if Arrow put them out, there will hopefully be some form of enjoyment I can derive from the features. It's been so long since I've seen either even reading the descriptions doesn't help, and they both have abysmal scores (in the 2's!) on imdb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 323606)
As I have all the Redemption/Kino BDs so far, I bought Zombie Lake and Oasis of the Zombies because they were released and to keep the spine numbering going. Yes, I am sad like that!

I don't think it sad at all. I've discovered many a gem I wouldn't ordinarily have picked up had it not been for gap filling in my MoC collection.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.