Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th February 2017 08:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 521168)
Bill from Code Red has mentioned on a few occasions that all that remains of The Slayer in terms of usable elements is a tape master making a Blu-ray very unlikely to come from anyone ever. I think he holds the rights himself too in the US making an Arrow release even more unlikely considering they wouldn't be able to release it dual territory.

When it comes to Bill though who knows where the fiction ends and the facts begin!

Didn't stop these being released mate.;)

Even if The Slayer could match the below,it'd still be a vast improvement on anything else that currently exists.:nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th February 2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 521200)

Even if The Slayer could match the below,it'd still be a vast improvement on anything else that currently exists.:nod:

Plus Olsen would say that the master tape has rabies in order not to let anyone else near!!!!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th February 2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 521200)

Very true, although Bill could very well be holding the film 'hostage' if he does have it meaning that it could be difficult for an overseas label to release.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th February 2017 08:55 PM

Not going to get excited anyway.

It'll be some arty Eastern European shite.....:lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th February 2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 521203)
Not going to get excited anyway.

It'll be some arty Eastern European shite.....:lol:

The Academy announcements are on Monday. :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th February 2017 08:56 PM

GO ON ARROW MAKE ME EAT MY WORDS!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th February 2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 521205)
The Academy announcements are on Monday. :D

Still be artyfarty shite.....instead of Freddy vs Jason we'll get Woody vs Walerian!:pound:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th February 2017 09:01 PM

In some ways I hope they announce some stuff that I'm not interested in as my Arrow 'to buy' list is long enough already - 40 titles at last count!

Nostalgic 15th February 2017 07:08 AM

I know that this may seem like an odd request, but i would love to see Arrow release Hellraiser: Bloodline in a special edition, given it's troubled history. I think it's a misunderstood classic, and is very much in the spirit of Hellraiser 1-3 in tone. The missing rough cut footage & storyboards are on youtube but I would love to see this film get an official release from someone like Arrow. Only problem would be getting cast & crew interviews, as apparently the director disowned it (hence the "alan smithee" credit).
Am I alone in this or anybody else with me?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th February 2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 521255)
I know that this may seem like an odd request, but i would love to see Arrow release Hellraiser: Bloodline in a special edition, given it's troubled history. I think it's a misunderstood classic, and is very much in the spirit of Hellraiser 1-3 in tone. The missing rough cut footage & storyboards are on youtube but I would love to see this film get an official release from someone like Arrow. Only problem would be getting cast & crew interviews, as apparently the director disowned it (hence the "alan smithee" credit).
Am I alone in this or anybody else with me?

I'd also be interested in such a release :nod: