All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th April 2017, 04:54 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"***PIECES LIMITED EDITION STOCK UPDATE***

Attention! Our Pieces Limited Edition set has nearly sold out via the Arrow store! If you were planning to grab a copy from us we would suggest ordering soon to avoid disappointment. Order direct here: Pieces - Limited Edition Dual Format "
I'll get a copy from Amazon or HMV where it's £5 cheaper than buying direct.
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 7th April 2017, 04:11 PM
Cult Master

"***BRAIN DAMAGE FINAL SPECS***

The final specs for Brain damage are in

----------------------------------------
IT’S A HEADACHE FROM HELL!

From Frank Henenlotter, the man behind such cult horror favourites as Basket Case and Frankenhooker, comes Brain Damage – the ultimate head-trip, now finally on Blu-ray!

Meet Elmer. He’s your local, friendly parasite with the ability to induce euphoric hallucinations in his hosts. But these LSD-like trips come with a hefty price tag. When young Brian comes under Elmer’s addictive spell, it’s not long before he finds himself scouring the city streets in search of his parasite’s preferred food source – brains!

Featuring late TV horror host John Zacherley as the voice of Elmer, Brain Damage boasts some of the most astonishing bad taste gore-gags ever realized, including the notorious “brain-pulling sequence” and a blow-job that ends with a distinctly unconventional climax.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original Mono and 5.1 DTS-HD MA Surround Audio Options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Isolated Score
- Brand new audio commentary by writer-director Frank Henenlotter
- Listen to the Light: The Making of Brain Damage – brand new documentary featuring interviews with actor Rick Herbst, producer Edgar Ievins, editor James Kwei, first assistant director Gregory Lamberson, visual effects supervisor Al Magliochetti and makeup artist Dan Frye
- The Effects of Brain Damage – FX artist and creator of “Elmer” Gabe Bartalos looks back at his iconic effects work on the film
- Animating Elmer – featurette looking at the contributions of visual effects supervisor Al Magliochetti
- Karen Ogle: A Look Back – stills photographer, script supervisor and assistant editor Karen Ogle recalls her fond memories of working on Brain Damage
- Elmer’s Turf: The NYC Locations of Brain Damage – featurette revisiting the film’s original shooting locations
- Tasty Memories: A Brain Damage Obsession – an interview with superfan Adam Skinner
- Brain Damage Q&A with Frank Henenlotter recorded at the 2016 Offscreen Film Festival
- Image Galleries
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Bygone Behemoth – animated short by Harry Chaskin, featuring a brief appearance by John Zacherle in his final onscreen credit
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- Limited Edition O-card with exclusive artwork
- Collector’s Booklet with new writing on the film by Michael Gingold, illustrated with original archive stills and posters"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th April 2017, 04:23 PM
Cult Master

Caltiki, the Immortal Monster (1959) Blu-ray Review | Filmwerk
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th April 2017, 06:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default The Arrow Films / Video Thread

I saw this Arrow Films release* in a charity shop today. I've got both of these films, so I didn't buy them. But for the unsuspecting casual viewer...what a strange night in they'll be lining themselves up for!

IMG_3075.JPG

*it didn't appear to be an Arrow release, but it is two Arrow films complete with the artwork and Arrow logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MuckyFunster; 7th April 2017 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 8th April 2017, 04:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default future releases

a facebook page called cinema arcana has just reported the following :

A pair of '80s horror gems make their way to Arrow Video's Blu-Ray catalog in 2017!

First up is J.S. Cardone's underseen yet much-requested slasher, THE SLAYER (1982)! The film follows a successful artist named Kay who's been plagued with nightmares since childhood. When her dreams begin intensifying, her husband and family treat her to a coastal vacation as a sort of stress relief -- but when she sleeps, she has visions of a gruesome creature she believes is trying to harm those closest to her. With a hurricane trapping them in their getaway house, Kay fears her premonitions may come true. THE SLAYER is a bloody little thriller with an atypical way of doing things, and as such, it stands apart from the rest of its early-'80s brethren and is all the better for it. Appropriately splattery, occasionally surprising and nicely atmospheric, it's well worth seeking out once this Blu streets.
Released theatrically by 21st Century Distribution, the film didn't make much of an impact Stateside, and eventually turned up on VHS from Continental Video, slightly trimmed for pacing and double-billed with Fred Olen Ray's SCALPS (1983). In the UK it almost suffered a similarly anonymous fate, until the tape ended up banned as part of the country's notorious Video Nasties list. sealing its place in history. Although there have been a few overseas DVD releases, and some budget bootlegs in the States, the discs were all VHS quality, so this release more or less marks the first time the movie will be seen properly in close to 35 years. No details on extras to report at this time, but I can confirm the scan is being performed by OCN Digital Labs, who were also responsible for the work on BLOOD RAGE, THE MUTILATOR and others. Arrow will be hosting a screening of THE SLAYER at this year's Texas Frightmare Weekend so if you're in the neighborhood, swing on by!
If that wasn't enough, Frank Henenlotter recently announced his brother-in-the-bin masterpiece BASKET CASE (1982) will also receive a refurbished special edition from the company! If you haven't seen the film, it's the gloriously gory tale of two Siamese twins hunting down the quack doctors who surgically separated them when children. The fact that one half of the pair is a bloodthirsty monster who looks like a wad of chewing gum only adds to the fun. Previously released on Blu-Ray by Something Weird Video, the film is currently undergoing a brand new 4K restoration by MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (!) and this new version will be the basis for Arrow's Blu. To help ease the pain of a double-dip, the director has also confirmed the disc will hold the home video premiere of his long-unseen health hygiene parody short SLASH OF THE KNIFE (1972) and some other new supplements. Could we even see the return of Belial...?
Old 8th April 2017, 05:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
a facebook page called cinema arcana has just reported the following :

A pair of '80s horror gems make their way to Arrow Video's Blu-Ray catalog in 2017!

First up is J.S. Cardone's underseen yet much-requested slasher, THE SLAYER (1982)! The film follows a successful artist named Kay who's been plagued with nightmares since childhood. When her dreams begin intensifying, her husband and family treat her to a coastal vacation as a sort of stress relief -- but when she sleeps, she has visions of a gruesome creature she believes is trying to harm those closest to her. With a hurricane trapping them in their getaway house, Kay fears her premonitions may come true. THE SLAYER is a bloody little thriller with an atypical way of doing things, and as such, it stands apart from the rest of its early-'80s brethren and is all the better for it. Appropriately splattery, occasionally surprising and nicely atmospheric, it's well worth seeking out once this Blu streets.
Released theatrically by 21st Century Distribution, the film didn't make much of an impact Stateside, and eventually turned up on VHS from Continental Video, slightly trimmed for pacing and double-billed with Fred Olen Ray's SCALPS (1983). In the UK it almost suffered a similarly anonymous fate, until the tape ended up banned as part of the country's notorious Video Nasties list. sealing its place in history. Although there have been a few overseas DVD releases, and some budget bootlegs in the States, the discs were all VHS quality, so this release more or less marks the first time the movie will be seen properly in close to 35 years. No details on extras to report at this time, but I can confirm the scan is being performed by OCN Digital Labs, who were also responsible for the work on BLOOD RAGE, THE MUTILATOR and others. Arrow will be hosting a screening of THE SLAYER at this year's Texas Frightmare Weekend so if you're in the neighborhood, swing on by!
If that wasn't enough, Frank Henenlotter recently announced his brother-in-the-bin masterpiece BASKET CASE (1982) will also receive a refurbished special edition from the company! If you haven't seen the film, it's the gloriously gory tale of two Siamese twins hunting down the quack doctors who surgically separated them when children. The fact that one half of the pair is a bloodthirsty monster who looks like a wad of chewing gum only adds to the fun. Previously released on Blu-Ray by Something Weird Video, the film is currently undergoing a brand new 4K restoration by MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (!) and this new version will be the basis for Arrow's Blu. To help ease the pain of a double-dip, the director has also confirmed the disc will hold the home video premiere of his long-unseen health hygiene parody short SLASH OF THE KNIFE (1972) and some other new supplements. Could we even see the return of Belial...?
Another release of basket case sounds odd but I'd probably buy it. The slayer is a definite purchase for me.
Old 8th April 2017, 05:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Another release of basket case sounds odd but I'd probably buy it. The slayer is a definite purchase for me.
Basket Case is with Second Sight so that's not gonna happen over here.

The Slayer... who knows? We won't know until there's an official announcement
Old 8th April 2017, 05:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

AT.
LAST.
SOMEONE.
HAS.
LISTENED!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th April 2017, 07:22 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Looks like Arrow are releasing Miracle Mile as well. Someone metioned on blu-ray.com that they're filming a new interview with the director later this month.

IMG_4342.JPGIMG_4341.jpgIMG_4343.jpg
Old 8th April 2017, 07:42 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Looks like Arrow are releasing Miracle Mile as well. Someone metioned on blu-ray.com that they're filming a new interview with the director later this month.

Attachment 189065Attachment 189066Attachment 189067
**** yes!

I've been toying with buying the Kino release for a while now and glad I held off. I love this film and can't wait to see it again in HD glory.

Like this? Share it using the links below!