Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th April 2017, 04:20 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
i promised myself i wouldn't indulge in the LE Pieces and wait for a standard amaray but i swear when the OOP message appears its like bleedin' catnip...
It's getting closer...

"***PIECES STOCK UPDATE***

Our Pieces Limited Edition set is nearly sold out via the Arrow Store! If you were planning to purchase this set we would advise putting an order in as soon as we do expect it to go OOP very soon!"
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th April 2017, 05:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I really don't recall the music at all. Still at least i now know what to watch tonight. Vampyros Lesbos it is.
I'm surprised you don't have the CD dem? I think the music is more famous than the film.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th April 2017, 05:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm surprised you don't have the CD dem? I think the music is more famous than the film.

Yeah, never seen the film, but I have listened to the soundtrack a few times on Spotify

IMG_0299.JPG
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th April 2017, 06:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Could be! Scream Factory are releasing it soon, so that could be a possibility. I'd actually buy it.
Likewise.
I like to watch it to remind myself of the sterling job Hitchcock did first time around!
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st April 2017, 02:33 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

NEW UK TITLE: Nekromantik 2 (Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD)

Jörg Buttgereit’s follow-up to his ground-breaking Nekromantik is just as shocking as its reputation would suggest.

Pre-order your copy via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2oRzBYY
Pre-order on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2oRAO2s
Release Dates: 3 July 2017

THE RETURN OF THE LOVING DEAD Monika isn’t like other young women. She shares her small flat with Rob, a recently disinterred corpse which serves as the object of her affections. But then she meets good-natured Mark, and soon finds herself torn between the prospect of a ‘normal’ life with a living, breathing partner and her overwhelming desire for her rotting bed-fellow.

Once prosecuted in its native Germany for “glorifying violence”, Jörg Buttgereit’s follow-up to his ground-breaking Nekromantik is just as shocking as its reputation would suggest. But it’s also a profoundly moving (if decidedly twisted) love story, and a thought provoking meditation on the nature of life and death.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• High Definition transfer approved by director Jörg Buttgereit
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original Stereo 2.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
• Optional English subtitles • Audio commentary with Buttgereit, co-writer Franz Rodenkirchen and actors Monika M. and Mark Reeder
• Introduction to the film with Buttgereit, Reeder, Monika M. and producer Manfred Jelinski
• Masters of Life and Death – a brand new documentary looking at the film’s production and release history, featuring interviews with Buttgereit, Reeder, Monika M. and Jelinski
• City of the Loving Dead – a walking tour of some of the original Berlin locations with Reeder and Jelinski • Necropolis: Jörg Buttgereit’s Berlin – film scholar Dr. Marcus Stiglegger on the significance of the German capital as the backdrop for Nekromantik 2
• The Making of Nekromantik 2 – vintage documentary viewable with two different audio tracks: an English track comprising audio interviews with Buttgereit, Rodenkirchen and Monika M., and a German track featuring radio interviews with Buttgereit and Rodenkirchen, with optional English subtitles
• Nekro Waltz: The Music of Nekromantik 2 – Reeder discusses his work on the film’s score
• Outtakes Reel
• Nekromantik 2 Livekonzert – footage from the 20th anniversary Nekromantik 2 concert, with Monika M. and friends performing the live score
• Nekromantik 2 Livekonzert – the complete 20-track audio recording of the concert [BD/DVD-ROM content]
• Two Buttgereit short films: Bloody Excess in the Leader’s Bunker (Blutige Exzesse im Führerbunker, 1982) and A Moment of Silence at the Grave of Ed Gein (2012)
• Two Buttgereit-directed music videos: ‘Rise Up’ by Die Krupps (1997), starring Monika M., and ‘Die Frau in der Musik’ by Stereo Total (2007) • Complete collection of Buttgereit feature film trailers
• Extensive image gallery

IMG_4995.jpg
Old 21st April 2017, 02:35 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

NEW UK TITLE: Future Shock: The Story Of 2000AD (Blu-ray)
The definitive story of the most successful comic in the galaxy - now loaded with over six hours of previously unseen extras.

Pre-order from Arrow: http://bit.ly/2oRluTg
Release Dates: 31 July 2017

First published in 1977 at the height of the punk era, UK Sci-Fi comic 2000AD was violent, anti-authoritarian, darkly funny and distinctly British. With such iconic characters as Strontium Dog, Nemesis and Judge Dredd, it became the anarchic underdog that forever changed the face of the international comics industry.

Offering a comprehensive overview of the comic’s history, Future Shock! takes a funny, moving and passionate look at the various highs and lows of how a band of talented eccentrics came together to create a visionary and extraordinary publication that still remains a game-changer more than 40 years later.

Featuring interviews with the likes of Pat Mills (ABC Warriors, Slaine), Dave Gibbons (Watchmen), Neil Gaiman (The Sandman), Karl Urban (Dredd) and Alex Garland (Ex Machina), Future Shock! is the definitive story of the most successful comic in the galaxy - now loaded with over six hours of previously unseen extras.

Blu-ray SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• Exclusive brand new interview with Steve MacManus (25 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: Cheap Entertainment – The Appeal of comics (9 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: Judge Dredd (13 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: Dredd 2012 – True in Spirit (13 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: 2000AD Vs the USA (15 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Bad Company / Peter Milligan (5 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Tharg’s Future Shocks / Various (8 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Rogue Trooper / Dave Gibbons & Cam Kennedy (7 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Slaine / Pat Mills (11 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Strontium Dog / Carlos Ezquerra (5 mins)
• Art Jam – How to draw Dredd & Nemesis by Jock & Henry Flint (4 mins)
• Pat Mills visits Kings Reach Rower (6 mins)
• In the Soundtrack Studio with Justin Greaves (4 mins)
• Extended interview with Pat Mills (84 mins)
• Extended interview with Grant Morrison (33 mins)
• Extended interview with Neil Gaiman (17 mins)
• Extended interview with Dave Gibbons (47 mins)
• Extended interview with Karen Berger (33 mins) • Blooper Reel (2 mins)
• Teaser Trailer
• UK Launch Trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jock.

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet

IMG_4996.jpg
Old 21st April 2017, 02:37 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

NEW UK TITLE: Psycho 2 (Blu-ray)

Norman Bates returns in this expertly crafted sequel to Alfred Hitchcock’s acclaimed horror classic.

Pre-order your copy via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2oRA2m5
Pre-order on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2oRG99V
Release Dates: 31 July

IT’S 22 YEARS LATER, AND NORMAN BATES IS COMING HOME.

Just when you thought it was safe to step back in the shower, Norman Bates returns in this expertly crafted sequel to Alfred Hitchcock’s acclaimed horror classic.

Deemed fit to return to society more than two decades years after his original crimes, Norman Bates has returned to his family mansion and adjacent motel. Joined by an unlikely house guest in the form of young Mary (Meg Tilly), things seem to be looking up for Norman – until the grisly murders start up afresh. Has Norman really put his terrible past behind him, or is he losing his grip on sanity all over again?

Aided by a fiendishly clever script from Fright Night director Tom Holland, Psycho II is regarded by many as one of the most successful horror sequels of all time, with a plot that will keep you guessing until the very end…

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Digital Transfer from Original Film Elements
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original Stereo Audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary with writer Tom Holland
• Never-before-heard audio interview with director Richard Franklin
• Archive Interview with star Anthony Perkins
• Vintage EPK material featuring interviews with cast and crew
• Trailers & TV Spots
• Still Gallery
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabalais
• PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s Booklet with new writing on the film alongside a reprint of the Psycho II chapter from Richard Franklin’s unpublished autobiography

IMG_4997.jpg
Old 21st April 2017, 02:39 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Now over to our only US only title this month…

US TITLE: Re-Animator (Blu-ray) Limited Edition
Stuart Gordon’s enduring splatter-comedy classic Re-Animator returns to Blu-ray in a stunning restoration packed with special features!

Our North American Re-Animator pre-order links should be live soon!
Release Dates: 25 July

HERBERT WEST HAS A GOOD HEAD ON HIS SHOULDERS… AND ANOTHER ONE ON HIS DESK.

One of the most wildly popular horror movies of all-time, Stuart Gordon’s enduring splatter-comedy classic Re-Animator returns to Blu-ray in a stunning restoration packed with special features!

When medical student Dean Cain advertises for a roommate, he soon finds one in the form of Dr. Herbert West. Initially a little eccentric, it some becomes clear that West entertains some seriously outlandish theories – specifically, the possibility of re-animating the dead. It’s not long before Dean finds himself under West’s influence, and embroiled in a serious of ghoulish experiments which threaten to go wildly out of control…

Based on H.P. Lovecraft’s classic terror tale ‘Herbert West – Reanimator’ and featuring a standout performance from Jeffrey Combs as the deliciously deranged West, Re-Animator remains the ground-zero of ’80s splatter mayhem and one of the genre’s finest hours.

2-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• 2K restorations of the Unrated and Integral versions of the film
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original Stereo 2.0 and 5.1 Audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Digipak packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Justin Erickson
• Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by writer Michael Gingold
• Re-Animator – the original 1991 comic book adaptation, reprinted in its entirety

DISC 1 – UNRATED VERSION
• Unrated version [86 mins]
• Audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon
• Audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna, actors Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton, Bruce Abbott, and Robert Sampson
• Re-Animator Resurrectus – documentary on the making of the film, featuring extensive interviews with cats and crew
• Interview with director Stuart Gordon and producer Brian Yuzna
• Interview with writer Dennis Paoli
• Interview with composer Richard Band
• Music Discussion with composer Richard Band
• Interview with former Fangoria editor Tony Timpone
• Barbara Crampton In Conversation –the Re-Animator star sits down with journalist Alan Jones for this career-spanning discussion
• Deleted and Extended Scenes
• Trailer & TV Spots

DISC 2 – INTEGRAL VERSION – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE
• Integral version [105 mins]
• A Guide to Lovecraftian Cinema – brand new featurette looking at the many various cinematic incarnations of writer H.P. Lovecraft’s work

PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

IMG_4998.jpg
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
NEW UK TITLE: Future Shock: The Story Of 2000AD (Blu-ray)
The definitive story of the most successful comic in the galaxy - now loaded with over six hours of previously unseen extras.

Pre-order from Arrow: Future Shock: The Story Of 2000AD Blu-ray
Release Dates: 31 July 2017

First published in 1977 at the height of the punk era, UK Sci-Fi comic 2000AD was violent, anti-authoritarian, darkly funny and distinctly British. With such iconic characters as Strontium Dog, Nemesis and Judge Dredd, it became the anarchic underdog that forever changed the face of the international comics industry.

Offering a comprehensive overview of the comic’s history, Future Shock! takes a funny, moving and passionate look at the various highs and lows of how a band of talented eccentrics came together to create a visionary and extraordinary publication that still remains a game-changer more than 40 years later.

Featuring interviews with the likes of Pat Mills (ABC Warriors, Slaine), Dave Gibbons (Watchmen), Neil Gaiman (The Sandman), Karl Urban (Dredd) and Alex Garland (Ex Machina), Future Shock! is the definitive story of the most successful comic in the galaxy - now loaded with over six hours of previously unseen extras.

Blu-ray SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• Exclusive brand new interview with Steve MacManus (25 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: Cheap Entertainment – The Appeal of comics (9 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: Judge Dredd (13 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: Dredd 2012 – True in Spirit (13 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: 2000AD Vs the USA (15 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Bad Company / Peter Milligan (5 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Tharg’s Future Shocks / Various (8 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Rogue Trooper / Dave Gibbons & Cam Kennedy (7 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Slaine / Pat Mills (11 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Strontium Dog / Carlos Ezquerra (5 mins)
• Art Jam – How to draw Dredd & Nemesis by Jock & Henry Flint (4 mins)
• Pat Mills visits Kings Reach Rower (6 mins)
• In the Soundtrack Studio with Justin Greaves (4 mins)
• Extended interview with Pat Mills (84 mins)
• Extended interview with Grant Morrison (33 mins)
• Extended interview with Neil Gaiman (17 mins)
• Extended interview with Dave Gibbons (47 mins)
• Extended interview with Karen Berger (33 mins) • Blooper Reel (2 mins)
• Teaser Trailer
• UK Launch Trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jock.

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet

Attachment 189623
interesting
keirarts likes this.
Cult Veteran

I'm glad I didn't pursue buying the DVD of Psycho 2 last week. I can't remember what it was that made me want to buy it, I think Tom Holland talked about it in 'You're So Cool Brewster' and I realised I've not seen it for years!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!