All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2017, 09:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
It is. A CRACKING sequel which honours the original!
Arguably the best sequel ever.

Up there with Empire Strikes Back,Godfather 2 and er Wishmaster 2.
I like it better the original!
Old 21st April 2017, 09:31 PM
Cult Addict

I've not bought phantasm yet. That said I've quit code red so might have cash
Old 21st April 2017, 09:35 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I've not bought phantasm yet. That said I've quit code red so might have cash
You make it sound like a drug (which arguably it could easily be compared to at times)!

Maybe we need to set-up a weekly 'Code Reds Anonymous' meeting for you, k.
Old 21st April 2017, 09:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
my wife bought it for me for my birthday... ahem... that's not till November
She must think you celebrate and have two birthdays a year like the Queen.
Old 21st April 2017, 10:34 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
You make it sound like a drug (which arguably it could easily be compared to at times)!

Maybe we need to set-up a weekly 'Code Reds Anonymous' meeting for you, k.
i was hovering over the last bunch including Zeder and just thought... nah.

88's stuff could use the colour correction perhaps but they are half the price or less and the label owners don't hate me.
Old 21st April 2017, 11:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
She must think you celebrate and have two birthdays a year like the Queen.
i wish....
Old 22nd April 2017, 05:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Psycho 2 is a genuinely great film. Unless they're offering more than the sf release the Aussie box set is enough as it has everything. Even the shitty remake with Vince Vaughn wanking.
Psycho 2 is a marvellous film. I am honestly shocked their multiple staff took this long to go "oh let's get that" (rolls eyes). I have emails to 88 Films pointing out Psycho 2/3 and 4 (and there is no question Arrow will have 3 and 4) were available from Hollywood Classics from about a year ago!!

88 ultimately opted against them for the reason of the Scream Factory discs being there and the costs of new extras for such huge titles (or buying the Scream ones). I cannot say I blame them but I was a tad disappointed as I still felt they would have been good for the Slasher Classics line. Fast forward a year and someone in the Arrow office has twigged too. Slow hand clap!

That said, if you have never seen Psycho 2 it is first class. One of my favourite sequels by far.

(On the plus side the 88 cash just went on multiple new and more obscure slashers, arranged by yours truly, which will be announced soon!)
Old 22nd April 2017, 11:43 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Psycho 2 is a marvellous film. I am honestly shocked their multiple staff took this long to go "oh let's get that" (rolls eyes). I have emails to 88 Films pointing out Psycho 2/3 and 4 (and there is no question Arrow will have 3 and 4) were available from Hollywood Classics from about a year ago!!

88 ultimately opted against them for the reason of the Scream Factory discs being there and the costs of new extras for such huge titles (or buying the Scream ones). I cannot say I blame them but I was a tad disappointed as I still felt they would have been good for the Slasher Classics line. Fast forward a year and someone in the Arrow office has twigged too. Slow hand clap!

That said, if you have never seen Psycho 2 it is first class. One of my favourite sequels by far.

(On the plus side the 88 cash just went on multiple new and more obscure slashers, arranged by yours truly, which will be announced soon!)
Quick question. Have you any idea if 88 have secured zeder for their Italian line? It's getting releases in other territories and I don't want code reds one (not just Bill Olson but I've seen what they have done with the subtitles. It's hideous!). I'm assuming Arrow or shameless might gun for it but it's a good one for 88 imo.
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post

always up for obscure slashers but could you get them to spend more time and money on the transfers and colour correction so we don't always have to wait for a superior US release
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Quick question. Have you any idea if 88 have secured zeder for their Italian line? It's getting releases in other territories and I don't want code reds one (not just Bill Olson but I've seen what they have done with the subtitles. It's hideous!). I'm assuming Arrow or shameless might gun for it but it's a good one for 88 imo.
They don't have Zeder and I think the film is a bore so as long as they do take my advice I would say you can import it on good conscience
Graeme73 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!