Old 26th April 2017, 08:00 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Yep just printed a returns form......

So there we are people....Arrow cites it as shipped.....it's still not here.

So that's three I've bought this week.

HMV-Sold it on....
Amazon...returned

Arrow...get it by Christmas!

I'm losing my marbles I tell you!
I've bought two copies of things before but never three!
Old 26th April 2017, 09:30 PM
Cult Addict

Zavvi have an Arrow promotion on. The prices aren't too bad plus there's another 10% off with the code 'Arrow'.
https://m.zavvi.com/offers/arrow-shop/offer.list
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th April 2017, 09:35 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Zavvi have an Arrow promotion on. The prices aren't too bad plus there's another 10% off with the code 'Arrow'.
https://m.zavvi.com/offers/arrow-shop/offer.list
HMV have a lot of those in their 3 for £20 / 5 for £30 offer too, which works out cheaper on many of the titles.
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 26th April 2017, 09:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
HMV have a lot of those in their 3 for £20 / 5 for £30 offer too, which works out cheaper on many of the titles.
Newer stuff like Pieces works out at a touch over £16. Cheapest I've seen it. There are quite a few newer titles like 52 Pick Up at £12.99 which with the code comes down to £11.70. Again cheapest at the moment. The American Horror Project is £39.99, £36 with the code. I'm not saying it's a brilliant offer but there some bargains for those not opposed to Zavvi.
Old 26th April 2017, 10:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Good old Arrow!

Release day for Phantasm box set.

Is it in my possession after ordering it months ago?
No.

Do HMV have it on the shelf?
Yes.

Is it cheaper from HMV?
Yes.By a fiver.

Has Arrow had my dosh for months?
Yes.

Wankers.
And this is why I don't preorder anything from them anymore they don't give a f!ying **** about their customers anymore espiacally those this side of the pond.
Old 27th April 2017, 12:29 AM
Cult Addict

Bloodstained Butterfly is £8.99 on Amazon.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 27th April 2017, 01:31 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Bloodstained Butterfly is £8.99 on Amazon.
I saw that yesterday and nearly bit, except then I noticed it's part of the '6 for £30' deal, at HMV. I was going to order online, but I'm worried about the booklet situation...Some of these are recent enough to possibly include it, but I think I'll go into the store and check personally.
J Harker likes this.
Old 27th April 2017, 02:00 PM
Cult Master

"***THE 4 MARX BROTHERS AT PARAMOUNT FINAL SPECS***

The final specs for our upcoming Marx Brothers box set are in! Please note that due to an unforeseen approval process specific to this set we've had to revised the release date to May 29th - sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

------------------------

The Marx Brothers – Chico, Groucho, Harpo and Zeppo – are one of the cornerstones of American comedy. Starting out in vaudeville, they conquered Broadway and the big screen in their own inimitable style, at once innovative, irreverent, anarchic, physical, musical, ludicrous and hilarious.

With the advent of the ‘talkies’, the Brothers signed to Paramount Pictures and brought their stage act to cinema audience. They made five films in five years, all of which are collected here: The Cocoanuts (1929), Animal Crackers (1930), Monkey Business (1931), Horse Feathers (1932) and one of the greatest comedies of all time, Duck Soup (1933).

The Paramount era represents the Marx Brothers at their absolute finest, retaining all of the energy and controlled chaos of their stage shows. Plots are unimportant – it’s the gags, set-pieces and one-liners that matter: “Why a duck?”, “Hello, I Must Be Going”, “Hooray for Captain Spaulding”, “That’s the bunk!”, Horse Feathers’ “Swordfish” scene and classic mirror sequence in Duck Soup.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all five features, each scanned and restored in 4K from original film elements by Universal
•Original 1.0 mono audio
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
•Commentary on The Cocoanuts by film scholar Anthony Slide
•Commentary on Animal Crackers by film historian Jeffrey Vance
•Commentary on Monkey Business by Marx Brothers historian Robert S Bader and Bill Marx, son of Harpo Marx
•Commentary on Horse Feathers by film critic FX Feeney
•Commentary on Duck Soup by Bader and film critic Leonard Maltin
•The Marx Brothers: Hollywood’s Kings of Chaos, a feature-length documentary containing interviews with Leonard Maltin, Dick Cavett and others
•Three excerpts from NBC’s The Today Show featuring interviews with Harpo Marx, Groucho Marx and Bill Marx
•Sibling Revelry, an introduction to the Marx Brothers by critic David Cairns
•DUCKFEATHERMONKEYNUTCRACKER, a new video essay about the films by David Cairns
•60-page book containing writing by Robert S. Bader, author of Four of the Three Musketeers: The Marx Brothers on Stage, plus new writing on each of the films by Pamela Hutchinson, Christina Newland, Kevin Jackson, Michael Brooke and Vic Pratt"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 27th April 2017, 02:06 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"***THE 4 MARX BROTHERS AT PARAMOUNT FINAL SPECS***

The final specs for our upcoming Marx Brothers box set are in! Please note that due to an unforeseen approval process specific to this set we've had to revised the release date to May 29th - sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

------------------------

The Marx Brothers – Chico, Groucho, Harpo and Zeppo – are one of the cornerstones of American comedy. Starting out in vaudeville, they conquered Broadway and the big screen in their own inimitable style, at once innovative, irreverent, anarchic, physical, musical, ludicrous and hilarious.

With the advent of the ‘talkies’, the Brothers signed to Paramount Pictures and brought their stage act to cinema audience. They made five films in five years, all of which are collected here: The Cocoanuts (1929), Animal Crackers (1930), Monkey Business (1931), Horse Feathers (1932) and one of the greatest comedies of all time, Duck Soup (1933).

The Paramount era represents the Marx Brothers at their absolute finest, retaining all of the energy and controlled chaos of their stage shows. Plots are unimportant – it’s the gags, set-pieces and one-liners that matter: “Why a duck?”, “Hello, I Must Be Going”, “Hooray for Captain Spaulding”, “That’s the bunk!”, Horse Feathers’ “Swordfish” scene and classic mirror sequence in Duck Soup.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all five features, each scanned and restored in 4K from original film elements by Universal
•Original 1.0 mono audio
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
•Commentary on The Cocoanuts by film scholar Anthony Slide
•Commentary on Animal Crackers by film historian Jeffrey Vance
•Commentary on Monkey Business by Marx Brothers historian Robert S Bader and Bill Marx, son of Harpo Marx
•Commentary on Horse Feathers by film critic FX Feeney
•Commentary on Duck Soup by Bader and film critic Leonard Maltin
•The Marx Brothers: Hollywood’s Kings of Chaos, a feature-length documentary containing interviews with Leonard Maltin, Dick Cavett and others
•Three excerpts from NBC’s The Today Show featuring interviews with Harpo Marx, Groucho Marx and Bill Marx
•Sibling Revelry, an introduction to the Marx Brothers by critic David Cairns
•DUCKFEATHERMONKEYNUTCRACKER, a new video essay about the films by David Cairns
•60-page book containing writing by Robert S. Bader, author of Four of the Three Musketeers: The Marx Brothers on Stage, plus new writing on each of the films by Pamela Hutchinson, Christina Newland, Kevin Jackson, Michael Brooke and Vic Pratt"
i love duck soup so may buy this
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 27th April 2017, 02:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
i love duck soup so may buy this
I much prefer cream of chicken or minestrone soup...

Like this? Share it using the links below!