Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Nordicdusk 12th May 2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 533232)
That's the one I'm most looking forward to because I've never seen it

I hope its not a let down for you after all the build up of people wanting it so much.

Rik 12th May 2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 533234)
I hope its not a let down for you after all the build up of people wanting it so much.

I doubt it will be, I do like some right old crap :lol:

keirarts 12th May 2017 03:47 PM

Only ones not interested in are shock treatment and TCM2. Heresy perhaps but I've never really been into Rocky horror or its sequel...

Actually quite happy with Ronin. Personally I always thought it was very underrated. I like the fact the traditional hollywood shootouts actually have collateral damage. Also Solid direction from Frankenheimer. Eric the conquerer I've not seen but i'm always happy for new Bava. Don't torture a duckling and and The slayer are no-brainers for me.

Buboven 12th May 2017 03:48 PM

Duckling and Erik the Conquerer for me, though wouldn't get Erik if it wasn't a Bava film. Got have them all!

Rik 12th May 2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 533236)
Heresy perhaps but I've never really been into Rocky horror or its sequel...

Same, except I only found out it had a sequel about an hour ago :lol:

keirarts 12th May 2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 533238)

I have the DVD somewhere.... might give it a second chance... if Im still not sold then I'll save my pennies.

Nordicdusk 12th May 2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

News to me too RiK.

Susan Foreman 12th May 2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 533236)
Only ones not interested in are shock treatment and TCM2. Heresy perhaps but I've never really been into Rocky horror or its sequel

Quote:

Despite what you read, 'Shocky' isn't a sequel to 'Rocky'. Instead, it's more of a stand-alone film - a spin-off. It's the continuing story of Brad and Janet (here played by Cliff De Young and Jessica Harper instead of Barry Bostwick and Susan Sarandon) but here are no direct references to the other film in it

What the two films do share, however, are a number of cast members - Richard O'Brien, Patricia Quinn, Little Nell and Charles Gray all appear in both films, albeit as different characters

It's entertaining, but not really immediate, and not a film that would appeal to an audience on it's own merits. Most people like it because of the 'Rocky' connection

Probably the only thing it has in it's favour is a great soundtrack

Nevertheless, it will be a certain purchase for me

Rob4 12th May 2017 04:35 PM

no mention of 2K or 4K or a transfer from the original negative for Don't Torture a Duckling so that's tempering my enthusiasm a bit. Erik the Conqueror and The Slayer will obviously be going into the collection.

Buboven 12th May 2017 05:27 PM

I wish they would do a premium edition of Don't Torture A Duckling or ANY of the Bava titles like they are doing with the Argento re-releases, seems unfair to me to those who don't really like Argento!