Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2013, 09:01 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

There is great review of THE VINEYARD by Frankie Teardrop on the 'what have you seen recently' thread. It made me buy it and enjoy it. It has a great 80s, last film in the video shop, that you've not seen vibe.
Old 11th April 2013, 09:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Not sure if this is news but Sainsburys are even cheaper than Arrow direct for the preorders of the steelbooks of Foxy Brown and Blow out (£15.99) and for Spider Baby (£12.99) at the moment.
Old 23rd April 2013, 04:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bit of an update from Arrow regarding this year's releases, announced at noon on Friday

sawyer6 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd April 2013, 04:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Do we know all these then? Are they just Official Announcements of the stuff we know about from the artcards, etc?

The Fall Of The House Of Usher
Deranged
Squirm
Sisters
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers
Last American Virgin
Lifeforce (Steelbook)
+ the 2 Tinto Brass films I have no care to remember

That's 9. I wonder if The Vineyard counts as the Arrowdrome one. There's a chance it might not, as it's a June title and the last lot of announcements went up to, and including June with Foxy Brown & Spider Baby. It would be nice if they did include something we didn't know about.

Wonder what the other two Steelbooks will be. If it's out of those listed I'd imagine it would be between The Fall Of The House Of Usher, Sisters or Invasion Of The Body Snatchers.
Metallicbomb likes this.
Old 23rd April 2013, 05:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Do we know all these then? Are they just Official Announcements of the stuff we know about from the artcards, etc?

The Fall Of The House Of Usher
Deranged
Squirm
Sisters
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers
Last American Virgin
Lifeforce (Steelbook)
+ the 2 Tinto Brass films I have no care to remember

That's 9. I wonder if The Vineyard counts as the Arrowdrome one. There's a chance it might not, as it's a June title and the last lot of announcements went up to, and including June with Foxy Brown & Spider Baby. It would be nice if they did include something we didn't know about.

Wonder what the other two Steelbooks will be. If it's out of those listed I'd imagine it would be between The Fall Of The House Of Usher, Sisters or Invasion Of The Body Snatchers.
My money would be on Sisters and Invasion of the Body Snatchers as they both have loads of great artwork which can be used on the front and back of the steelbook.

I'm also not sure whether The Vineyard would count because (I think) it's already been officially announced. It would be good is it doesn't count as that means another different ArrowDrome title.

As for the 2K scan, I hope that one is The Fall of the House of Usher as it would be great to have this as a Blu-ray release with a top-notch encoding but, then again, the same goes for Invasion of the Body Snatchers!
Old 23rd April 2013, 05:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The new issue of Empire out later this week has an ad for Blow Out. Along the bottom it say - "More Brian De Palma Blu-rays coming soon from Arrow including Dressed To Kill, Sisters & More"

I knew about Sisters, didn't know about Dressed To Kill though.
Old 23rd April 2013, 05:58 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
The new issue of Empire out later this week has an ad for Blow Out. Along the bottom it say - "More Brian De Palma Blu-rays coming soon from Arrow including Dressed To Kill, Sisters & More"

Oh. ****. YES!

DVD and BD collection
Old 23rd April 2013, 06:14 PM
Cult Rookie

The Car must be on that list too
Old 23rd April 2013, 06:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post

Brilliant! I didn't know about Dressed to Kill either, and the '& More' part is very intriguing.
Old 23rd April 2013, 06:52 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

More DePalma! YES!

I have the US BD of Dressed to Kill so doubt I'll double dip but don't have any others. Very excited!

Like this? Share it using the links below!