Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I already have Dressed To Kill but Sisters will be mine and I hope Body Double will be announced soon so I don't have to get the Twilight Time blu.
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:33 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
I already have Dressed To Kill but Sisters will be mine and I hope Body Double will be announced soon so I don't have to get the Twilight Time blu.
Good point. Body Double would be a great announcement for Q4.
Old 26th April 2013, 10:40 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Arrow made a comment on facebook a while ago saying they were addressing some people's concerns about the poster artwork stuck in the middle of the white covers. Looks like their solution is to abandon the Arrow white sleeves altogether. Timebandits has just been announced....

Old 26th April 2013, 10:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

A very interesting line-up so far
Old 26th April 2013, 10:45 AM
Cult Master

Dressed to Kill Blu-ray

THE LATEST FASHION IN MURDER

After sexually frustrated housewife Kate Miller (Angie Dickinson) has a session with her psychiatrist Dr Elliott (Michael Caine), she silently seduces a man in an art gallery, an assignation that ends in murder and the only witness, high-class prostitute Liz Blake (Nancy Allen) being stalked by the killer in turn.

One of Brian De Palma's darkest and most controversial suspense thrillers, Dressed to Kill was as acclaimed for its stylish set-pieces and lush Pino Donaggio score as it was condemned for its sexual explicitness and blatant borrowings from Alfred Hitchcock in general and Psycho in particular.

But the glee with which De Palma turns this material inside out is completely infectious, as he delves deep inside the troubled psyches of his characters (critic Pauline Kael said that the film was "permeated with the distilled essence of impure thoughts") in order to undermine expectations at every turn.

Special Features:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the feature
- Optional original uncompressed Mono 2.0 Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround Sound
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Symphony of Fear: Producer George Litto discusses his working relationship with Brian De Palma
- Dressed in White: Star Angie Dickinson on her role in the film
- Dressed in Purple: Star Nancy Allen discusses her role in the film
- Lessons in Filmmaking: Actor Keith Gordon discusses Dressed to Kill
- The Making of a Thriller – A documentary on the making of Dressed to Kill featuring writer-director Brian De Palma, George Litto, stars Angie Dickinson, Nancy Allen, Dennis Franz and more!
- Unrated, R-Rated, and TV-Rated Comparison Featurette
- Slashing Dressed to Kill – Brian De Palma and stars Nancy Allen and Keith Gordon discuss the changes that had to be made to avoid an X-rating
- Original Theatrical Gallery
- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Nathanel Marsh
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic and author Maitland McDonagh, illustrated with original archive stills and promotional material

Released 29th July
Dressed to Kill, Brian De Palma

The Car Blu-ray

THERE'S NOWHERE TO RUN, NOWHERE TO HIDE, NO WAY TO STOP... THE CAR

Made when Jaws was still the most successful film of all time, The Car has almost exactly the same premise, but replaces the ocean with the Utah desert, and the shark with a Lincoln Continental Mark III of possibly supernatural origin.

When two teenage cyclists and a hitch-hiking musician are killed in apparently deliberate hit-and-runs, the police department of Santa Ynez investigates, whereupon the seemingly driverless vehicle turns on its hapless officers as well. And when the car strikes rather too close to the home of Captain Wade Parent (James Brolin), he vows to stop at nothing to defeat it.

Director Elliot Silverstein (Cat Ballou, A Man Called Horse) keeps everything as slick and streamlined as the car itself, turning the desert landscape into a powerfully mythic backdrop for a potent clash between the forces of good and those of inexplicable but clearly implacable evil.

Special Features:
- High Definition presentation (1080p), on Blu-ray for the first time in the world!
- Audio commentary with director Elliot Silverstein moderated by Calum Waddell
- Making a Mechanical Monster: Special Effects Artist William Alridge Remembers The Car
- Hitchhike the Hell: Actor John Rubinstein recalls becoming a victim of The Car
- Original Trailer
- Easter Egg
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Joe Wilson
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Cullen Gallagher as well as a brand new interview with co-writer Michael Butler conducted by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and artwork

Released 15th July
The Car, James Brolin

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th April 2013, 10:46 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The Initiation!

I like the look of the new style covers.
Old 26th April 2013, 10:47 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Lifeforce

Arrow Vid
Lifeforce SteelBook / Blu-ray

IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE, THE TERROR BEGINS.

When a space shuttle crew finds a mysterious spacecraft containing three human-looking creatures in a state of suspended animation, they bring them back to Earth for further investigation.

It's only then that scientists discover that they are in fact a race of space vampires that feed off people's life-force rather than their blood. So when they escape and run amok in London, the consequences are apocalyptic - and the shuttle crew's only survivor (Steve Railsback) seems to be the only man who can stop them.

Based on Colin Wilson’s novel ‘The Space Vampires’, co-written by Dan O’Bannon (Alien, Return of the Living Dead) and directed by Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Poltergeist), this lively sci-fi horror romp has a stellar cast including Peter Firth, Frank Finlay and Patrick Stewart - although it's Mathilda May's appearance as a naked female alien that attracts most attention to this day.

2-Disc Blu-ray Special Edition Special Features:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of both the Theatrical and Director’s Cuts
- New audio commentary with director Tobe Hooper
- New audio commentary with make-up effects artist Nick Maley
- Cannon Fodder: The Making of Lifeforce - An epic UK-exclusive look at the genesis, production and release of Lifeforce featuring interviews with Hooper, producer Michael J. Kagan, editor John Grover, actors Aubrey Morris and Nicholas Ball, makeup artist Sandra Exelby, screenwriter Michael Armstrong, sound designer Vernon Messenger, artistic designers Tom Adams and Douglas Smith and effects artist John Schoonraad.
- New Cast & Crew Retrospective with star Steve Railsback, Hooper, Mathilda May and more!
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spot
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, a new interview with Oscar-winning visual effects artist John Dykstra by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
- More to be announced

Released 30th September
Old 26th April 2013, 10:48 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
The Initiation!

I like the look of the new style covers.
They'll take a bit of getting used to. damn covers won't match now!
Metallicbomb likes this.
Old 26th April 2013, 10:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Fantastic announcements, like the new covers.

Will be getting all except The Initiation and Last American Virign.

Knew that Runaway Train had a Blu ray coming up, but didn't think it was going to be from Arrow!

And Time Bandits was quite a surprise!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 26th April 2013, 10:51 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Time Bandits was a complete surprise, the rest, not so much.

Like this? Share it using the links below!