Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th February 2018, 05:44 PM
Cult Master

For anyone in the Derby area, there is going to be a screening of 'Nekromantik 2', with a Q&A session by Jörg Buttgereit at the Derby Quad (Market Place, Cathedral Quarter, Derby, DE1 3AS) on Sunday 18 March 2018

https://www.derbyquad.co.uk/film/fri...-a--18--s.aspx
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th February 2018, 05:53 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just received an e-mail notification that my copy of Der Todesking has shipped from Arrow.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 19th February 2018, 05:56 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Just received an e-mail notification that my copy of Der Todesking has shipped from Arrow.
Oh me too! I can't remember if I paid for 1st class or not lol

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th February 2018, 05:58 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Oh me too! I can't remember if I paid for 1st class or not lol
I never like to pay extra for shipping and seem to receive 99% of stuff either on or before release date.
Old 19th February 2018, 06:13 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Same here

I used some of my bonus points to buy it, so I only paid £0:85 cash for P&P. Strange thing is, I have been credited with an extra 250 points - didn't think you earned them if you 'paid' for your order with points. I thought it was just for cash purchases
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th February 2018, 06:27 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Same here

I used some of my bonus points to buy it, so I only paid £0:85 cash for P&P. Strange thing is, I have been credited with an extra 250 points - didn't think you earned them if you 'paid' for your order with points. I thought it was just for cash purchases
I've just checked my account and also have 250 points having also put the remainder of my points balance towards Der Todesking. Odd!
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th February 2018, 10:17 PM
Cult Veteran

Same with the points too, I paid part points and part debit card and got the full 250 points.
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th February 2018, 02:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I wonder if anyone here could answer a question that I have about the Seijun Suzuki Volume 1 UK box set?

I understand that the BBFC cut 28 seconds from one of the films (BORN UNDER CROSSED STARS) and I realise that Arrow are not to blame for that. I would also say that I am against animal cruelty. Having said all that I understand that the Blu-ray uses seamless branching so that if you're watching it on a USA player you will see the uncut version, whereas if you view it using a European player you will see the cut version.

My question is: does the DVD also use seamless branching to achieve the same effect as the Blu-ray, as outlined above?
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by g053584398; 20th February 2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 20th February 2018, 08:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I wonder if anyone here could answer a question that I have about the Seijun Suzuki Volume 1 UK box set?

I understand that the BBFC cut 28 seconds from one of the films (BORN UNDER CROSSED STARS) and I realise that Arrow are not to blame for that. I would also say that I am against animal cruelty. Having said all that I understand that the Blu-ray uses seamless branching so that if you're watching it on a USA player you will see the uncut version, whereas if you view it using a European player you will see the cut version.

My question is: does the DVD also use seamless branching to achieve the same effect as the Blu-ray, as outlined above?
does that mean it is coded A/B and you can switch over if you have a multiplayer?
Old 20th February 2018, 09:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
does that mean it is coded A/B and you can switch over if you have a multiplayer?
I read about this on another site that I can't recall the name of, and someone there made reference to a post on the forums of the blu-ray.com site. Sure enough there was a post about the Blu-ray. I'll quote the post in question:

"Okay guys, i can confirm that the uk set when played in a region A player is indeed UNCUT with no edits. Having not seen the film before i decided to start watching it on a region B player to see if i could see anything, and... ...as i was watching the screen kept going black and i could also hear cockfighting in the background which i thought was odd, sure enough i loaded the disc into my region A player and the scene plays with no black screen interruptions and cockfighting intact."

I would like to know whether or not the DVD works in a similar manner though.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!