Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2018, 02:51 PM
Cult Master

Here's another one, BUT it's...Available now on Amazon Channels

"NEW UK TITLE: The Baby (Amazon channels)

Available now on Amazon Channels! Expect news of a Blu-ray soon…

WHAT GOES ON ON THIS NURSERY ISN’T FOR KIDS!
Still traumatised by the loss of her husband, well-meaning social worker Ann Gentry (Anjaette Comer, The Loved One) throws herself into her latest assignment: the case of “Baby”, a 21-year-old man with the mind of an infant – who crawls, cries and has yet to make it out of nappies. But Baby’s family – the tyrannical “Mama” Wadsworth (Ruth Roman, Strangers on a Train) and her two demented daughters – aren’t the only ones with a warped conception of familial relations, and the full horror only begins when Ann sets her sights on liberating the drooling man-child… and in so doing unleashes the wrath of the Wadsworth women.

45 years after its original release, this film remains one of the most bizarre horror movies ever committed to celluloid. Directed by Ted Post (Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Magnum Force) and co-starring Marianna Hill (The Godfather Part II), The Baby is a twisted, psychedelic nightmare of suburban depravity.

Arrow Video on Amazon Channels is available via the existing Prime Video app to watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on smart TVs, iOs and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick and Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/channels/arrowvideo. You can sign up now for a 7 day free trial.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd February 2018, 03:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Here's another one, BUT it's...Available now on Amazon Channels

"NEW UK TITLE: The Baby (Amazon channels)

Arrow Video on Amazon Channels is available via the existing Prime Video app to watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on smart TVs, iOs and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick and Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/channels/arrowvideo. You can sign up now for a 7 day free trial.
It's £4.99 a month after the free trial, so I don't think I would have it on top of my Prime Video and would only watch it as part of a week's free trial where I'd stockpile titles and binge watch all of them before cancelling.
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 23rd February 2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 23rd February 2018, 05:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

hehe Arrow can't do releases without a little bit of fanboy moaning. all the releases are blu only and that's got the back up of a few of the dual format fans. looks like Arrow has done an Indicator and abandoned dvd altogether.
Old 23rd February 2018, 05:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yet they still charge £18 for a single disc release
g053584398 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd February 2018, 05:28 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
hehe Arrow can't do releases without a little bit of fanboy moaning. all the releases are blu only and that's got the back up of a few of the dual format fans. looks like Arrow has done an Indicator and abandoned dvd altogether.
It's a shame for people who are still DVD only as its forcing their hands to make the jump if they don't feel the need.
g053584398 and plasterface like this.
Old 23rd February 2018, 05:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ordered Rawhead Rex as this film holds place in my heart, loved it at the time of release, although I am sure it as not aged well as not seen it for an age, but still 'want it'.

Last House I adored when I first saw it in the early eighties and for years after when I wanted to shock visitors and friends, but as I have floated through the years it has lost its appeal and not my type of film anymore though I am sure it will sell well.

Never seen Dark Blue, but after watching the trailer will pick this up when cheaper, looks good.
Old 23rd February 2018, 05:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
It's a shame for people who are still DVD only as its forcing their hands to make the jump if they don't feel the need.
yes, i guess. i've always said blu will be my last format change, so i'll be snookered when they jump to UHD
Old 23rd February 2018, 06:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Same here, will be very pissed when they go UHD!
The Shape of Water steelbook in hmv is UHD, and the blu that goes with it just seems like a throwaway extra copy! Lol!
I must sound like an old

Bet VHS will make a comeback like vinyl did! Hahaha!!!!
The amount and popularity of vinyl now is funny, especially new pressings of classic albums/soundtracks! Funny!
Rob4 likes this.
Old 23rd February 2018, 06:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Arrow release everything on dvd. They just don't make a big song and dance about it like they do to appease the blu-ray crowd. Nor do they announce them months in advance.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st...date-desc-rank
Susan Foreman and Rob4 like this.
Old 23rd February 2018, 06:12 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
Ordered Rawhead Rex as this film holds place in my heart, loved it at the time of release, although I am sure it as not aged well as not seen it for an age, but still 'want it'.

Last House I adored when I first saw it in the early eighties and for years after when I wanted to shock visitors and friends, but as I have floated through the years it has lost its appeal and not my type of film anymore though I am sure it will sell well.

Never seen Dark Blue, but after watching the trailer will pick this up when cheaper, looks good.

I like Dark Blue, but the trailer makes it look a lot more exciting than it really is. Not sure who’s bright idea it was to use the song Here Comes The Boom in it (the trailer).
profondo rosso likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!