LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2018, 05:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Just had a thought

If 'Last House' is a two disc set, I wonder if Arrow could get hold of the soundtrack and include that in the packaging to make it an even more 'special edition'

Hope so
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th February 2018, 08:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Surprisingly, both version are on the DVD too, although on my multiregion player ONLY the uncut version will play, I imagine because the player is set to zone 0 which is all regions. On the PS3 which is zone 2 (UK/Europe) the same censored version as the bluray in Region B, with the warning title card before the film plays. I honestly didn't think DVD had the technology to do that, perhaps it's a new addition with the advent of Bluray.
Thanks for checking that out! I really appreciate it.

DVDs have always had the technology to facilitate branching and many older DVDs used that feature. I believe that some of the old season sets of The X Files used branching, for example, and I think some of the DVDs of films such as Alien and Aliens used the feature too.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 25th February 2018, 08:31 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
Thanks for checking that out! I really appreciate it.

DVDs have always had the technology to facilitate branching and many older DVDs used that feature. I believe that some of the old season sets of The X Files used branching, for example, and I think some of the DVDs of films such as Alien and Aliens used the feature too.
Good to know, I don't think I had any DVDs that did it and I first came across it later, I guess none of the films I bought had multiple versions

By the way, I do recommend the film, it's very enjoyable! A little melodramatic but it IS a Japanese film after all. Pretty funny and a bit of action too! I've not got around to watching any of the other ones but I am planning to watch Teenage Yakuza later this evening!
g053584398 and keirarts like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th February 2018, 10:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Good to know, I don't think I had any DVDs that did it and I first came across it later, I guess none of the films I bought had multiple versions

By the way, I do recommend the film, it's very enjoyable! A little melodramatic but it IS a Japanese film after all. Pretty funny and a bit of action too! I've not got around to watching any of the other ones but I am planning to watch Teenage Yakuza later this evening!
I love Japanese films from that era so I'm looking forward to it. Where did you purchase your copy of the set from? I hope that you enjoy Teenage Yakuza!
Old 25th February 2018, 11:07 PM
Cult Veteran

It was from Amazon. HMV and Arrow both seem to be sold out now, I think it’s only 1500 copies! I’ll have get a pre-order in for volume 2
g053584398 likes this.

Old 26th February 2018, 09:46 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I can't speak for Keirarts, but I ordered a load of Dorado stuff from Mondo Macabro's Big Cartel site (they help flog their releases for them) I think in May/Jun last year, one of which was the Larraz double feature. The title just keeps having its release date pushed farther and farther back and they only ship when your entire order is in stock. Dorado have been really sketchy about the release too constantly promising updates or saying that it is near completion to suddenly u-turn or make excuses as to why there is a further delay. To say it's getting a bit beyond a joke now is putting it mildly.
I contacted Jared via FB and he offered to send me the rest of the bundle now (which I've received), and the Larraz disc for an extra $5 when he has it.
Old 1st March 2018, 12:37 PM
Cult Veteran

This is interesting, I didn't even realise that they were in trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Window Films Newsletter
THIRD WINDOW ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!

After all the troubles we found ourselves put into during 2017, we thought we have turned a corner in 2018, though as soon as we started to pick ourselves up came the very bad news that Fusion Media Sales, the sales agent which handled us as well as many other great indie distributors, were closed down by their parent company. This totally screwed us as well as many other labels like ours who are not big enough to negotiate directly with Amazon, HMV, SONY, etc and therefore need to rely on a third-party agent like Fusion who can handle such deals. Though in the case of a company like that being closed it leaves us with no control over our stock or sales, and in a terrible state of limbo.

Though no more! Thanks to the great ARROW FILMS!
Both Third Window and our longtime partners Terracotta Distribution have been rescued by Arrow Films, and we cannot think of a better company to partner with! Arrow Films and Arrow Video have been one of the last few saviors in keeping physical media and indie film distribution alive, as we have been trying to do with Asian cinema, so it's really the perfect match and a wonderful new family to be a part of!

We will soon have all our stock available through their website and other outlets, but this merger has allowed us to keep our upcoming schedule in tact, but please check out and help us out by PRE-ORDERING some of our upcoming releases:

Old 1st March 2018, 12:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I don’t think I’ve heard of them before
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st March 2018, 12:46 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
They released Tetsuo the Iron Man and Tetsuo Body Hammer a few years ago

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 1st March 2018, 12:49 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
They're the equivalent of (older) Arrow is for Horror for releasing contemporary Japanese films, the likes of Takeshi Kitano, Sion Sono and as Bleakshaun mentioned the 2 Tetsuo films. They've been going for years, worth checking out for sure!

Like this? Share it using the links below!