LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2019, 02:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
What's with all the double posting?
Suzi never checked the thread before posting hers, otherwise she would've seen me post them seconds earlier
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd February 2019, 02:23 PM
Cult Master

That's the problem with having a delay when you are posting

Can I now ask that if anyone is going to post something that I am likely to post, can they please hang back for 25 minutes so that my post can be made without error?

Thanks!
nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd February 2019, 02:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
That's the problem with having a delay when you are posting

Can I now ask that if anyone is going to post something that I am likely to post, can they please hang back for 25 minutes so that my post can be made without error?

Thanks!
Old 22nd February 2019, 02:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

not an inspired list this month. i'd probably pick one or two up in a hmv sale... but are they going to happen again?
Justin101 likes this.
Old 22nd February 2019, 02:59 PM
Cult Veteran

Saving plenty of money in May

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 22nd February 2019, 03:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Knowing the direction Arrow are going these days... The Last Samurai w/Tom Cruise.
I can't say that I'm enjoying their more mainstream choice of titles. When you think about just how many gialli and poliziotteschi there are without any English-friendly DVD or Blu-ray releases, for example, it seems like quite a shame.
platostotal likes this.
Old 22nd February 2019, 03:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Another I'm not interested in, that makes 4 for 4

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: Yakuza Law (Blu-ray)
A gruelling anthology of torture, spanning three district periods of Japanese history from the Godfather of J-sploitation Teruo Ishii.
Pre-order in the UK via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2tvoFBB
Pre-order in the US via DiabolikDVD: http://bit.ly/2tB2GJu
Release dates: May 13/14
Director Teruo Ishii (Blind Woman’s Curse, Horrors of Malformed Men), the Godfather of J-sploitation, presents Yakuza Law (AKA Yakuza’s Law: Lynching) – a gruelling anthology of torture, spanning three district periods of Japanese history and bringing to the screen some of the most brutal methods of torment ever devised.
In this deep dive into the world of the Yakuza, meet the violent men who rule the Japanese underworld and the cruel punishments inflicted on those who transgress them. The carnage begins in the Edo Period with a violent tale of samurai vengeance starring Bunta Sugawara (Battles Without Honour and Humanity), before shifting to the Meiji Period as the exiled Ogata (Minoru Oki, Shogun Assassin) returns to face punishment for his past transgressions… and, ultimately, to take his revenge. Finally, the action is brought right up to date with a tale of gang warfare set in then-present-day 60s Japan and headlined by Teruo Yoshida (Ishii’s Orgies of Edo), as a powerful crime syndicate seeks bloody vengeance for the theft of one hundred thousand yen.
Brutal, bewildering and definitely not for the faint-hearted, Yakuza Law represents Japanese popular cinema at its most extreme… and most thrilling.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original lossless mono Japanese soundtrack
• Optional English subtitles
• New audio commentary by author and critic Jasper Sharp
• Erotic-Grotesque and Genre Hopping: Teruo Ishii Speaks, a rare vintage interview with the elusive director on his varied career, newly edited for this release
• Image gallery
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jacob Phillips
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Tom Mes

Attachment 212840
More exploitation goodness from the late great Teruo Ishii? You can sign me up for that!
Old 22nd February 2019, 03:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Nothing i've heard of or want!
Old 22nd February 2019, 03:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Same, Arrow only seem to release 2 or 3 titles a year that I’m interested in these days
Hammer time likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd February 2019, 04:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

it seems Trapped Alive was made by an outfit called Windsor Lake Studios who made a few low grade horrors at the turn of 1990. given that these titles have been in rights hell it seems unlikely that Arrow would have unraveled the rights for just one title. i haven't been able to come up with a list of titles for the company but it seems likely to me there will be more forthcoming from Arrow.

Like this? Share it using the links below!