Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st April 2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 600909)
It's an extraordinarily boring early slasher with some pretty scenery and maybe one good kill.

I'll probably still get it. :o

Ha,ha! I admire your honesty.

Justin101 1st April 2019 01:51 PM

Didn't someone recently bring out 'Video Nasty' Forest of Fear? It can't be any worse than that one :lol:

Rob4 1st April 2019 02:48 PM

Only the artwork part of the announcement appears to be an April Fool... clearly because it is so bad. All the rest of the announcement appears to be accurate and corresponds with an earlier tease by Ewan Cant in a Hysteria Continues podcast.

I've heard its not very good but I like the lost obscurities. keep them coming as far as i'm concerned :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st April 2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 600917)
Only the artwork part of the announcement appears to be an April Fool... clearly because it is so bad. All the rest of the announcement appears to be accurate and corresponds with an earlier tease by Ewan Cant in a Hysteria Continues podcast.

I've heard its not very good but I like the lost obscurities. keep them coming as far as i'm concerned :nod:

But that's the correct artwork, Rob, bad or not.

Rob4 1st April 2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 600920)
But that's the correct artwork, Rob, bad or not.

i think the 'joke' is probably aimed at people who are not quite as informed as us. i imagine some of the FB commentators would be horrified if that really was a newly commissioned slip :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st April 2019 05:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 600925)
i think the 'joke' is probably aimed at people who are not quite as informed as us. i imagine some of the FB commentators would be horrified if that really was a newly commissioned slip :lol:

Whilst i agree it's not the best, most new Arrow artworks look like nos42 has thrown up following one of his Monday night sessions.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st April 2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 600912)
Didn't someone recently bring out 'Video Nasty' Forest of Fear? It can't be any worse than that one :lol:

It is,trust me!

FOF aka Toxic Zombies is a David Lean epic in comparison!

I'd still buy it though......:lol:

Rob4 1st April 2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 600928)
Whilst i agree it's not the best, most new Arrow artworks look like nos42 has thrown up following one of his Monday night sessions.

i quite like the 'Five Dolls...' artwork and whilst 'The Sender' artwork is not great it does at least try to represent the fractured psyche of the protagonist. no excuse for the 'Scorpion' abomination tho' :lol:

Justin101 1st April 2019 09:53 PM

I like the artwork for The Sender, don’t like the other two though, scorpion is one of the worst though. I hate it!

Susan Foreman 2nd April 2019 04:14 PM

"We weren’t fooling… slasher classic THE PREY is coming to Arrow Video!

In case you needed a little further proof, here's our very own Ewan Cant and star Debbie Thureson, pictured in London yesterday staring wide-mouthed in shock and awe at the news.

A host of extras and newly-commissioned artwork are in progress and will be revealed at a later date, but we're happy to confirm that the first release will indeed be a 2-disc Blu-ray edition featuring a limited slipcover adorned with the original UK VHS artwork we previously posted (which is of course not a new artwork, as some of you canny campers already pointed out).

And if you simply can’t wait until the Blu-ray release for your Prey-fix, be sure to join us at Texas Frightmare Weekend 2019 next month for the world premiere of our newly restored version of THE PREY and take the opportunity to discuss cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches with cast members Lori Lethin, Carel Struycken and Jackson Bostwick!"