Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26035Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2019, 08:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Perhaps it's a feature length doc about editing boats out of films as they sail into New York.
Old 11th April 2019, 08:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
ARROW ACADEMY

"***NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE COMING!***

Join us this Friday (April 12th) at 3.00pm BST / 7.00am PDT / 10.00am EDT for our July title reveals!"

Wouldn't have thought it was 'Planet Of The Apes'!
With the picture and you mentioning planet of the apes reminded me of this .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 69ff9c630c56828c893cca22b1aeb4c8.jpg (85.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 11th April 2019, 08:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Arty action film from the early eighties?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51NWwuSLoVL._SX385_.jpg (32.1 KB, 17 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th April 2019, 02:05 PM
Cult Master

ARROW ACADEMY

NEW UK TITLE: Crime and Punishment (Blu-ray) *special pre-order price of £12.50 until May 13*

Release dates: 29 July

"After fleeing Nazi Germany following the success of M and re-establishing himself in Britain as a villain for Alfred Hitchcock, the great Peter Lorre arrived in Hollywood in 1935, signed to a contract with Columbia Pictures. His dream star vehicle: a big-screen adaptation of Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s most famous novel Crime And Punishment. His choice of director: Josef von Sternberg, already celebrated and castigated in equal measure for his seven-film collaboration with Marlene Dietrich.

Roderick Raskolnikov (Lorre) has graduated from university as a noted expert in criminology, but nonetheless lives in extreme poverty. Desperate and anguished, he murders a miserly pawnbroker, stealing her valuables before fleeing into the night. The next day, he encounters Inspector Porfiry (Edward Arnold), the detective assigned to the murder, and is asked by Porfiry to consult on the case when an innocent man is arrested as a suspect. How long until the conflicted, guilt-ridden Raskolnikov arouses the master detective’s suspicions?

One of many attempts at the time by Hollywood studios to give cinema an air of prestige by adapting great works of literature, Von Sternberg’s stylish direction and Lorre’s tour-de-force performance are ready for rediscovery in this Blu-Ray premiere of their only collaboration."

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

High Definition Blu-Ray (1080p) presentation, restored from original film elements
Original lossless mono soundtrack
Isolated music and effects track
Light And Dark, a newly-filmed appreciation by David Thompson, critic and director of Josef von Sternberg: The Man Who Made Dietrich
The Double Face of Peter Lorre (1984), an hour-long German TV documentary directed by Harun Farocki
Mystery In The Air: Crime And Punishment, a 1947 radio adaptation with Lorre reprising the role of Raskolnikov
Image gallery
Reversible sleeve featuring original artwork

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Adrian Martin

g053584398 and markchro like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th April 2019, 02:08 PM
Cult Master

ARROW ACADEMY

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: Hold Back the Dawn (Blu-ray) *special pre-order price of £12.50 until May 13 in the UK only*

From Mitchell Leisen, one of the most underrated directors of the studio era, and co-written by Billy Wilder, comes this moving and thoughtful classic starring Charles Boyer and Olivia de Havilland, presented here in High Definition for the first time.

Release date 15 July

"From one of the most underrated directors of Hollywood’s golden era, Mitchell Leisen (Remember the Night), comes the heart-rending romantic drama Hold Back the Dawn...

Charles Boyer (Gaslight) gives an enthralling performance as Georges Iscovescu, a Romanian-born gigolo who arrives at a Mexican border town seeking entry to the US. Faced with a waiting period of eight years, George is encouraged by his former dancing partner Anita (Pauline Goddard, Modern Times) to marry an American girl and desert her once safely across the border. He successfully targets visiting school teacher Emmy Brown (Olivia de Havilland, Gone with the Wind), but his plan is compromised by a pursuing immigration officer, and blossoming feelings of genuine love for Emmy.

A moving and thoughtful film with a wonderful script (co-written by Billy Wilder), Hold back the Dawn benefits from evocative performances by Boyer and de Havilland, and an over-arching sense of romantic melancholy. An enduring classic of its era, Leisen’s film was nominated for no-less than six Academy Awards and is presented here in High Definition for the first time."

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation transferred from original film elements
Uncompressed Mono 1.0 PCM audio soundtrack
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
New audio commentary by film scholar Adrian Martin
Love Knows No Borders, a newly filmed video appreciation by film critic Geoff Andrew
The Guardian Lecture: Olivia de Havilland, A career-spanning onstage audio interview with Olivia de Havilland recorded at the National Film Theatre in 1971
Rare hour-long radio adaptation of Hold Back the Dawn from 1941 starring Charles Boyer, Paulette Goddard and Susan Haywood
Gallery of original stills and promotional images
Original trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jennifer Dionisio

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by writer and critic Farran Smith Nehme

g053584398 likes this.

Old 12th April 2019, 04:14 PM
Cult Master

Record store day sale

Records only

2 for £20

2 for £30

Old 17th April 2019, 11:14 AM
Cult Addict

Easter sale is on at Arrow. Damn website is playing silly arses though

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 17th April 2019, 11:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Easter sale is on at Arrow. Damn website is playing silly arses though

I wouldn't worry about it, just had a quick look and the cheapest Blu Ray is £15, hardly a sale IMO
g053584398 and will graham like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th April 2019, 11:21 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I wouldn't worry about it, just had a quick look and the cheapest Blu Ray is £15, hardly a sale IMO
Did you login Rik? Its saying it's a sale for members only so I'm wondering if I need to log in to see the deals. So far I can't get past the login page.

Edit. Yes you need to be logged in. There are blus at £7.50
g053584398 likes this.
Old 17th April 2019, 11:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Did you login Rik? Its saying it's a sale for members only so I'm wondering if I need to log in to see the deals. So far I can't get past the login page.

I never checked, but whenever I go on the site I'm automatically logged in, I'll have another look

Edit: I wasn't logged in, still nothing of interest though
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!