Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:21 AM
Cultist

Doesn't matter if it's one or a hundred, if someone has a problem it should be rectified as soon as possible. Things happen, it's how its sorted out thats important.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 2nd May 2019, 01:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

They've come back to me again and said the first line of my address was missing from my order.

Sure enough it was, so they've rectified it and said let us know in a couple of weeks if it hasn't turned up. Them presuming it will be returned to them and resent out again with the correct address.

The thing i want to know is...Has anyone EVER been able to place an order where the address isn't filled in correctly? Every web site i've been on flags you up for anything not filled in, but not Arrow's apparently. I'm blaming the web store mess they had that day, i can't see any other reason to be honest.

Also, why on earth would anyone ship anything with just a town as the address?

Makes me wonder if they sent the email then didn't bother to ship the order that would be sensible.

We'll see.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 2nd May 2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 2nd May 2019, 01:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
They've come back to me again and said the first line of my address was missing from my order.

Sure enough it was, so they've rectified it and said let us know in a couple of weeks if it hasn't turned up. Them presuming it will be returned to them and resent out again with the correct address.

The thing i want to know is...Has anyone EVER been able to place an order where the address isn't filled in correctly? Every web site i've been on flags you up for anything not filled in, but not Arrow's apparently. I'm blaming the web store mess they had that day, i can't see any other reason to be honest.

Also, why on earth would anyone ship anything with just a town as the address?

Makes me wonder if they sent the email then didn't bother to ship the order that would be sensible.

We'll see.
That kinda sounds ****ed up, even if they didn't flag it up, you would've expected when it came to shipping that they would have said something

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 2nd May 2019, 08:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Final thought. I can't wait to see the monstrosity of an artwork Arrow give to Weird Science.

The original Le Brock cleavage is iconic.
Zavvi.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12102837-1844668613138887.jpg (93.6 KB, 13 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:18 PM
Cult Master

ANOTHER Arrow re-release

This time it's a blu-ray of 'Battle Royale', coming in a Zavvi exclusive steelbox edition, released on June 24th

Pre-order - £16.99

Description (although I'm sure everyone here already knows what it's about!)

"One Dead. 41 To Go.

Battle Royale is back. It’s time to return to the island and kill your friends, because the cult Japanese movie that defines twisted action and sickening violence is ready to shock you all over again. In a world where teenagers have no respect and adults are losing control there can be only one solution: Battle Royale! Now, see what happens when you let a high school class loose on an island, arm them and then give them a simple choice... Kill your friends or have them kill you; with poison, cross-bows, machetes and dynamite. ‘Beat’ Takeshi Kitano (Violent Cop, Zatoichi) is a teacher pushed to the edge by his unruly charges. Kidnapped and gassed, his class wake up with exploding metal rings around their necks. If they rebel, they could lose their heads. Now they have three days and only one is permitted to survive this grisly battle to the death.

Directed by the master of 70s Yakuza thrillers Kinji Fukasaku and featuring Kill Bill star Chiaki Kuriyama, Battle Royale is the movie that helped to define extreme Asian cinema in the 21st Century."

Limited Edition Steelbook Features:
  • New restored transfer in glorious high definition 1080p
  • New subtitle translation
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • The making of Battle Royale: The Experience of 42 High School Students
  • Booklet featuring writing on the film by Japanese cinema expert Tom Mes and a reprinted interview
  • with director Kinji Fukasaku, illustrated with original archive stills

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think battle royale has hadmore releases by Arrow than Evil Dead got from anchor bay, lol!
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This is what I commented on the announcement, some truth in there I reckon:

“2035: Nobody watches blu rays anymore because everyone gets their films surgically implanted into their brains, Arrow releases their 216th edition of Battle Royale...”
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th May 2019, 03:34 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
ARROW ACADEMY

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: The Big Clock (Blu-ray)

A superior suspense film which classily combines screwball comedy with heady thrills.

Release dates: 13/14 May 2019
"***THE BIG CLOCK UK RELEASE DATE UPDATE***

Due to an unfortunate manufacturing error, we are sorry to report that our UK release of THE BIG CLOCK will be delayed until May 27.

We can only apologise that this has only just come to our attention and this revision is coming so close to the original release date. We very much hope that this delay won’t cause you too many issues and you enjoy the disc once it arrives.

Please note that our US and Canada release date of May 14 is unaffected."

Old 15th May 2019, 11:58 AM
Cult Veteran

I think we already knew this, but in one of the latest Arrow Podcasts, in an interview with the Catalogue Requistioner, they confirmed that the Jodorowsky box set is coming, with fully remastered Fando & Lis, El Topo and The Holy Mountain and loads of extras including new interviews.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th May 2019, 05:19 PM
Cult Master

ARROW ACADEMY

"***NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE COMING!***

Join us this Friday (May 17th) at 3.00pm BST / 7.00am PDT / 10.00am EDT for our August title reveals!"

Fellini's 'Boccaccio '70', which was the film he made before '8 1/2'!

Like this? Share it using the links below!