Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2019, 10:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I really enjoyed It Follows

Next ill be reading The Goonies and The Lost Boys are shit.

Neither The Goonies nor The Lost Boys could possibly be shit in this universe.
Rik, Justin101, trebor8273 and 1 others like this.
Old 2nd July 2019, 04:58 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Not from me you won’t, but a certain pair of mods might

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd July 2019, 07:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

All I can say is that Arrow and other similar labels have released an amazing amount of cult films, continueing the trend started by Elite Entertainment in the laserdisc days. I would never bemoan a release I'm not interested in, somebody out there will love it!
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Not from me you won’t, but a certain pair of mods might
A feel a rewatch of Lost Boys coming on just to upset a couple of people

Last edited by trebor8273; 3rd July 2019 at 09:11 PM.
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:02 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bring it on!

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gene...ark-arena.html
Rik and trebor8273 like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th July 2019, 05:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The BOGOF sale has been extended until Monday the 15th July
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th July 2019, 09:00 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
The BOGOF sale has been extended until Monday the 15th July
Yeeeeeees and Nooooooooo

Thats another 70 bucks next payday
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 5th July 2019, 11:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think both The Babadook and It Follows are great horror films, regardless of era.
The amount of whining on here about The Babadook is far worse than the kids whining in the film. At least that only lasted 90 minutes.

I too like both of those films a lot. Far better than arty-farty woodsy bore-fest The Witch, for example.

I will have to re-watch the 'dook and am rather thinking of writing an actual essay regarding the multiple layers of subtext that the kids whining apparently drown out for the easily distracted.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 6th July 2019, 12:14 PM
Cult Master

Arrow @ 10

Top 10 Arrow Picks with Andy Nyman

ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS (1979): Because it was the first one. And for my generation it was just one of those films that literally rips your eyeballs out. I actually worked with its make up effects artist Giannetto De Rossi on an American war picture a while back; we sat and watched that together and he signed my copy!

THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY (1980): The film literally blew me away when I first watched it – I loved it, I loved the Francis Monkman soundtrack, and the Arrow release is brilliant.

BLOOD AND BLACK LACE (1964): This is a classic example of a film I’d missed before Arrow brought it out, and could not believe I had when I saw it. How extraordinary Bava’s work is, how sexy the film is, the look of it, the violence of it, that Giallo template being born – just an amazing film.

THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN (1977): This is one I’ve never actually seen, but I have such clear memories of it in the video club in Leicester when I was a kid. The cover of it sort of scared me, but I was fascinated by it – and every single time I went back to the club I tried to rent it but it was never there, they never had it in stock. So I’ve never got round to seeing it, and it's one of those where you just think, thank God for Arrow

RAISING CAIN (1992): This is an example of the kind of Arrow release I get where, even though I remember being disappointed by it when it first came out, especially after Blow Out which truly blew me away, I want to buy it and watch it again. I’m looking forward to reappraising Raising Cain in its best possible form, and I love that Arrow gives that.

TENEBRAE (1982): The best of the Argento’s for me, with some stuff in it that’s so ludicrous, but so beautiful as well. Plus great Arrow double cover artwork.

THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (1962): Even though this is an Academy release, it feels so subversive, disturbing and now timelier than ever that it could be part of the Video family for me.

THEATRE OF BLOOD (1973): What’s so interesting now is you look at films like Saw and so many of those invention death scenes were actually inspired by Theatre of Blood, and Phibes.

OLDBOY (2003): Truly, truly one of the greatest films ever made. That to me felt like if Hitchcock was making films now, this is what he’d make. So I’m very much looking forward to seeing Arrow’s release of it, and be spoilt with an abundance of extrras

DEEP RED (1975): I first saw this at the height of the Video Nasty boom – it must’ve been ’81, ’82. I’d never seen anything like it before in my life, couldn’t believe the ending – just an extraordinary film and a brilliant release.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th July 2019, 12:28 AM
Active Cultist

I wonder if he got the Zombie Flesh-Eaters replacement disc...

Like this? Share it using the links below!