LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2020, 09:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Only THE WIND for me.....
Demoncrat likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 31st January 2020, 09:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I DON'T NEED GAS I NEED A ****ING UK RELEASE!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st February 2020, 04:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
NEW US/CA TITLE: Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Limited Edition Blu-ray box set)

This exclusive collection gathers together eight feature-length films and two shorts from Tsukamoto’s diverse filmography, including his most recent offering – his samurai drama Killing, making its home video premiere.

"One of the most distinctive and celebrated names in modern Japanese cinema, there’s no other filmmaker quite like Shinya Tsukamoto. Since his early days as a teenager making Super 8 shorts, he has remained steadfastly independent, garnering widespread acclaim while honing his own unique and instantly recognizable aesthetic on the margins of the industry. Frequently exploring themes of urban alienation, physical transformation and psychosexual obsession, his films cross genre boundaries, defying straightforward classification. This exclusive collection gathers together eight feature-length films and two shorts from Tsukamoto’s diverse filmography, including his most recent offering – his samurai drama Killing, making its home video premiere."

Includes:
  • Tetsuo: The Iron Man
  • Tetsuo II: Body Hammer
  • Tokyo Fist
  • Bullet Ballet
  • A Snake of June
  • Vital
  • Kotoko
  • KillingThe Adventure of Denchu-Kozo
  • Haze

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all ten films
• Original lossless PCM 1.0 mono audio on Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Tetsuo II: Body Hammer and Tokyo Fist
• Original lossless PCM 2.0 stereo audio on Bullet Ballet and Haze
• Original lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 on A Snake of June, Vital, Kotoko and Killing
• Optional lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 on Bullet Ballet
• Optional English subtitles for all films
• Audio commentaries by Japanese cinema expert Tom Mes on all ten films, including brand new commentaries on Tetsuo, Tetsuo II, Tokyo Fist, A Snake of June, Kotoko, Killing, The Adventure of Denchu-kozo and Haze
• Brand new career-spanning interview with Shinya Tsukamoto
• An Assault on the Senses, a brand new visual essay on the films and style of Shinya Tsukamoto by Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp
• Multiple archival interviews with Shinya Tsukamoto, covering every film in the collection
• Shooting A Snake of June, an archival behind-the-scenes featurette on the film’s production
• Archival The Making of Vital featurette
• Archival behind-the-scenes featurette on Vital’s world premiere at the Venice Film Festival
• Archival featurette on Vital’s special effects
• The Making of Haze, an archival behind-the-scenes featurette on the film’s production
• Kaori Fuji at the Locarno Film Festival, an archival featurette focusing on Haze’s lead actress
• Archival Background to The Adventure of Denchu-Kozo featurette
• Tokyo Fist, Bullet Ballet and Vital music clips
• Multiple trailers and image galleries
• Limited edition packaging featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx, Gary Pullin, Ian MacEwan, Chris Malbon, Jacob Phillips, Tommy Pocket, Peter Strain and Tony Stella
• Double-sided fold-out poster
• Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the films by Kat Ellinger, Jasper Sharp and Mark Schilling

I remember reading about these in the fanzine days, finally got round to watching Tetsou 1&2 and while they are one-of-a-kind, I cant see myself shelling out for this as they are not watch again movies. Great set but you have to be a super fan! Good release though!
Old 1st February 2020, 07:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post

I DON'T NEED GAS I NEED A ****ING UK RELEASE!
isn't it with studiocanal?
Old 1st February 2020, 08:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
NEW US/CA TITLE: Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Limited Edition Blu-ray box set)

This exclusive collection gathers together eight feature-length films and two shorts from Tsukamoto’s diverse filmography, including his most recent offering – his samurai drama Killing, making its home video premiere.

"One of the most distinctive and celebrated names in modern Japanese cinema, there’s no other filmmaker quite like Shinya Tsukamoto. Since his early days as a teenager making Super 8 shorts, he has remained steadfastly independent, garnering widespread acclaim while honing his own unique and instantly recognizable aesthetic on the margins of the industry. Frequently exploring themes of urban alienation, physical transformation and psychosexual obsession, his films cross genre boundaries, defying straightforward classification. This exclusive collection gathers together eight feature-length films and two shorts from Tsukamoto’s diverse filmography, including his most recent offering – his samurai drama Killing, making its home video premiere."

Includes:
  • Tetsuo: The Iron Man
  • Tetsuo II: Body Hammer
  • Tokyo Fist
  • Bullet Ballet
  • A Snake of June
  • Vital
  • Kotoko
  • KillingThe Adventure of Denchu-Kozo
  • Haze

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all ten films
• Original lossless PCM 1.0 mono audio on Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Tetsuo II: Body Hammer and Tokyo Fist
• Original lossless PCM 2.0 stereo audio on Bullet Ballet and Haze
• Original lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 on A Snake of June, Vital, Kotoko and Killing
• Optional lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 on Bullet Ballet
• Optional English subtitles for all films
• Audio commentaries by Japanese cinema expert Tom Mes on all ten films, including brand new commentaries on Tetsuo, Tetsuo II, Tokyo Fist, A Snake of June, Kotoko, Killing, The Adventure of Denchu-kozo and Haze
• Brand new career-spanning interview with Shinya Tsukamoto
• An Assault on the Senses, a brand new visual essay on the films and style of Shinya Tsukamoto by Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp
• Multiple archival interviews with Shinya Tsukamoto, covering every film in the collection
• Shooting A Snake of June, an archival behind-the-scenes featurette on the film’s production
• Archival The Making of Vital featurette
• Archival behind-the-scenes featurette on Vital’s world premiere at the Venice Film Festival
• Archival featurette on Vital’s special effects
• The Making of Haze, an archival behind-the-scenes featurette on the film’s production
• Kaori Fuji at the Locarno Film Festival, an archival featurette focusing on Haze’s lead actress
• Archival Background to The Adventure of Denchu-Kozo featurette
• Tokyo Fist, Bullet Ballet and Vital music clips
• Multiple trailers and image galleries
• Limited edition packaging featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx, Gary Pullin, Ian MacEwan, Chris Malbon, Jacob Phillips, Tommy Pocket, Peter Strain and Tony Stella
• Double-sided fold-out poster
• Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the films by Kat Ellinger, Jasper Sharp and Mark Schilling

Come to ME. Wow.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th February 2020, 01:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
isn't it with studiocanal?

Don’t care who it’s with mate.......just needs a fecking UK release.
Rob4 likes this.

Old 7th February 2020, 04:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I've seen quite a few copies of the Sister Street Fighter Collection listed on Ebay without slipcases.

Does that mean that the initial release had a slipcase, and was therefore a limited edition, whilst later copies don't come with one?
Old 7th February 2020, 05:43 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I've seen quite a few copies of the Sister Street Fighter Collection listed on Ebay without slipcases.

Does that mean that the initial release had a slipcase, and was therefore a limited edition, whilst later copies don't come with one?
I can't answer but mine does have a slip. I haven't seen it in any shops recently so I don't know if it doesn't come with one anymore, it usually is first printing only though like what 88 Films does.
g053584398 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th February 2020, 06:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

these first runs must be really small numbers now. slips and booklets disappear way quicker than they used to.
Old 7th February 2020, 07:48 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
these first runs must be really small numbers now. slips and booklets disappear way quicker than they used to.
Edge of the Axe was 500 copies only and then only direct from Arrow's own site, it probably costs more to produce than the added value they provide.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!