Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2020, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Exactly....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th August 2020, 08:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Arrow academy are going to surprise us & release Borat!
Old 21st August 2020, 02:23 PM
Cult Master

ARROW ACADEMY

NEW UK TITLE: The Sheltering Sky (Blu-ray)

Release date: November 2nd

A stunning adaptation of Paul Bowles’ heartbreaking classic novel from Academy Award-winning director Bernardo Bertolucci

"Academy Award-winning director Bernardo Bertolucci (The Conformist, Last Tango in Paris, The Last Emperor) brings a stunning adaptation of Paul Bowles’ heartbreaking classic novel to the screen that Vincent Canby in The New York Times called “a long, beautifully modulated cry of despair... the sort of dark, romantic movie that only Mr. Bertolucci could bring off”

In the hopes of rekindling their marriage, sophisticated American couple Port and Kit Moresby (John Malkovich and Debra Winger) set off for North Africa intending to travel through Algeria – uncertain of exactly where they are heading but determined to leave the modern world behind. They are instead tested to their limits by the unfathomable emptiness and impassive cruelty of the desert

A distinguished and emotive follow up to his Best Picture-winning The Last Emperor (Academy Awards 1988) and a sensual highlight in an extraordinary filmmaking career, The Sheltering Sky won a BAFTA for Vittorio Storaro’s outstanding cinematography and a Golden Globe for Ryuichi Sakamoto’s haunting original score"

Special features:
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original uncompressed stereo audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Archival audio commentary with director Bernardo Bertolucci, producer Jeremy Thomas, and screenwriter Mark Peploe
  • Desert Roses (47 mins) – archival featurette
  • Brand new video essay by David Cairns & Fiona Watson
  • Brand new interview with art director Andrew Sanders
  • Image Gallery
  • Original Trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original theatrical artwork
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kat Ellinger

g053584398 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd August 2020, 05:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
ARROW ACADEMY

NEW UK TITLE: The Sheltering Sky (Blu-ray)

Release date: November 2nd

A stunning adaptation of Paul Bowles’ heartbreaking classic novel from Academy Award-winning director Bernardo Bertolucci

"Academy Award-winning director Bernardo Bertolucci (The Conformist, Last Tango in Paris, The Last Emperor) brings a stunning adaptation of Paul Bowles’ heartbreaking classic novel to the screen that Vincent Canby in The New York Times called “a long, beautifully modulated cry of despair... the sort of dark, romantic movie that only Mr. Bertolucci could bring off”

In the hopes of rekindling their marriage, sophisticated American couple Port and Kit Moresby (John Malkovich and Debra Winger) set off for North Africa intending to travel through Algeria – uncertain of exactly where they are heading but determined to leave the modern world behind. They are instead tested to their limits by the unfathomable emptiness and impassive cruelty of the desert

A distinguished and emotive follow up to his Best Picture-winning The Last Emperor (Academy Awards 1988) and a sensual highlight in an extraordinary filmmaking career, The Sheltering Sky won a BAFTA for Vittorio Storaro’s outstanding cinematography and a Golden Globe for Ryuichi Sakamoto’s haunting original score"

Special features:
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original uncompressed stereo audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Archival audio commentary with director Bernardo Bertolucci, producer Jeremy Thomas, and screenwriter Mark Peploe
  • Desert Roses (47 mins) – archival featurette
  • Brand new video essay by David Cairns & Fiona Watson
  • Brand new interview with art director Andrew Sanders
  • Image Gallery
  • Original Trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original theatrical artwork
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kat Ellinger

Get the beers & pizza in for a night of laughs & crazyness!!!!

Should make a good double bill with Porkies! Lol!!!!!
Demdike@Cult Labs and Rob4 like this.
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:30 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watching the extras on Pitch Black and I have to say.....disappointed in the new interviews. Three of them obviously done over really bad phone connections and then played against stills from the film & behind the scenes photos. Christ, they could've even asked the people involved to film themselves on their phones.

I'm sure they'd say Covid-19 was the reason they had to present some of them this way, but these could have been done a whole lot better.
Old 24th August 2020, 10:22 AM
Active Cultist

Oh that does sound bad. They couldn't use online video stream of some sort? Or like u say filmed themselves answering questions and sent it over to arrow?
This isnt 2000 where anchor bay had limited choices for interviews.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 24th August 2020, 10:30 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That doesn't sound great. Couldn't they have used something like Zoom and recorded the conversation?
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 24th August 2020, 03:07 PM
Cult Veteran

On the Bloodstone disc they had Nico Mastorakis record himself on his phone camera for his featurette and it's almost an hour long, once you get used to the weirdness of it all it's actually OK. They cut in clips from his films anyway to mix it up.

I agree that the Pitch Black disc is a bit lackluster, I mean it has LOADS of extras on it, but almost all of it is SD stuff ported from DVDs and the like with the only new stuff being these 5 interviews, just voice-over on top of graphics.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 24th August 2020, 04:19 PM
Active Cultist

Yeah I'm going to wait till sale or cheap second hand now.
Old 24th August 2020, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Watching the extras on Pitch Black and I have to say.....disappointed in the new interviews. Three of them obviously done over really bad phone connections and then played against stills from the film & behind the scenes photos. Christ, they could've even asked the people involved to film themselves on their phones.

I'm sure they'd say Covid-19 was the reason they had to present some of them this way, but these could have been done a whole lot better.
Never watched them,but that's a pity,because the actual film looks and sounds terrific.

I watched the Theatrical cut-what's the difference with the director's cut?
Apart from 3 minutes obviously....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!