Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

nosferatu42 27th August 2020 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 227269

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th August 2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 633978)
F*ck cult film pedestrians...

Attachment 227268

Ooh that sounds interesting ...it's different enough that some twat is making a fuss over it.

Oh shit i've got so many hang ups i can't even comprehend an affront to my sheltered sense of reality.

Someone's having sex, let's go and have a nice cup of tea and pretend it didn't happen.:lol:

:behindsofa:

Don't know about you nos but f*cking someone's leg wound isn't quite the norm round these parts.

I can appreciate that some may find it off putting. But then again 'Tiny ****ed a stump'.

nosferatu42 27th August 2020 09:41 PM

Nah... bring it on. If it's Rosanna Arquette, any holes a goal.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th August 2020 09:44 PM

I think Crash is excellent by the way. I loved it when we saw it at the cinema.

Despite all the outcry it was released uncut on dvd.

If it released by Arrow i hope the hour long interview with Cronenberg and Mortensen is carried over.

nosferatu42 27th August 2020 09:55 PM

I was more offended by the faceless public being offended than i was by the film to be honest.

Cars/ Sex / death it's always been there surely, since some dude put an engine together.;)

nosferatu42 27th August 2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 633987)
Nah... bring it on. If it's Rosanna Arquette, any holes a goal.

I think everybody here knows a lot of my comments are tongue in cheek by now....or tongue in sexy leg gash.:lol:

MrBarlow 27th August 2020 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 633988)
I think Crash is excellent by the way. I loved it when we saw it at the cinema.

Despite all the outcry it was released uncut on dvd.

If it released by Arrow i hope the hour long interview with Cronenberg and Mortensen is carried over.

You were lucky, it came on cinema then taken off till it was announced it would no longer be eligible to be viewed in Dundee.

Rob4 27th August 2020 10:35 PM

The gutter press campaign against Crash was in some ways more intense than that waged against the video nasties. It was focused on one film only and lasted almost a year. In the end the BBFC held its ground and released it uncut. James Ferman was still in charge at the time.

I can't help thinking it was a turning point in censorship relaxation as it showed the BBFC could face down the press and not receive much of a backlash from the general public. I think it was 1999 when they changed their guidelines and concentrated on classification rather than censorship. The press seemed to realise the game was up and have never tried the same stunt again - at least not with the same intensity... or was it because they thought they could get more mileage out of frothing gammons with immigration scares rather than moral panics? :rolleyes: :behindsofa:

nosferatu42 27th August 2020 11:21 PM

Yeah i remember when Crash came out and i was quite impressed that the UK cansors didn't buckle.
Seemed like some kinda turning point, but Crash is a film that can be classed as Arthouse and that's always been a get out clause.

will graham 28th August 2020 08:48 AM

I think part of the reason with giving up on censorship was when warner gave The Exorcist a wide release the response from people not old enough or unborn to see it before was "is that it? that's the scariest, most horrific film? wtf they talking about?"

I mean i went in 98 to see it when i was 16 and while i enjoyed it and thought the "let jesus....." moment shocking that it was a fuss over nothing, i did laugh at some of the insults. I mean I thought the end to Raiders of The Lost Ark was more scary than anything in The Exoricst.

Still good movie though.