All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2020, 04:42 PM
Active Cultist

‘Shock Waves’ maybe
Old 23rd September 2020, 05:56 PM
Cultist

Tremors would be terrific! Also, what's this about an early 80s slasher? Hell Night would be fab
Old 23rd September 2020, 06:05 PM
Cult Addict

Deadly Spawn?
Rob4 likes this.
Old 23rd September 2020, 06:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
Tremors would be terrific! Also, what's this about an early 80s slasher? Hell Night would be fab
Calum Waddell gave the semi-spoiler for an early eighties slasher - most seem to think it will be My Bloody Valentine. No real word on how soon it's coming though.
Old 23rd September 2020, 07:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
‘Shock Waves’ maybe
SHOCK WAVES would be a welcome addition to the Arrow catalogue,even though I own the superb BU disc.It's a classic.

However,it's THE HITCHER-Look where the line points to-the Texas area.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th September 2020, 12:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just seen this on Instagram

IMG_4638.jpg
it'smebilly and nosferatu42 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th September 2020, 12:56 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Arrow Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Just seen this on Instagram

Attachment 227984

Yeah people were guessing it might be Tremors on Facebook. I wonder if they might include the pilot for the Kevin Bacon series that wasn't picked up?
Old 25th September 2020, 12:59 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just noticed it's 4K too
Old 25th September 2020, 01:08 PM
Cult Veteran

The other 'leaked' title will make fans of Asian Extreme happy!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th September 2020, 02:06 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: Versus (Blu-ray)

Release date: December 7

A relentless one-of-a-kind sensory assault chock-full of hyper-kinetic fight scenes, gangster shootouts, sword-slashing violence and gory zombie horror

"A relentless one-of-a-kind sensory assault chock-full of hyper-kinetic fight scenes, gangster shootouts, sword-slashing violence and gory zombie horror, Versus was a key title amongst the barrage of innovative horror and action movies that appeared as if from nowhere from Japan at the turn of the millennium, leading to a new wave of appreciation for Asian extreme cinema.

A mysterious face-off in a wooded clearing between two escaped convicts and a carload of sharply dressed yakuza holding a beautiful woman captive ends in hails of bullets and showers of blood. The location for this violent encounter is the mythic Forest of Resurrection, the site of the 444th portal of the 666 hidden gates that link this earthly domain to the netherworld – and it didn’t get this name for nothing. As one of the surviving prisoners escapes with the girl into the darkness of the forest, disgruntled gangsters soon become the least of their worries as an earlier battle between a lone warrior against hordes of zombie samurai is carried over from a millennium ago into the present day…

Versus caused a sensation both in Japan and internationally upon its release, launching the careers of director Ryûhei Kitamura (Godzilla Final Wars, Midnight Meat Train) and action star and fight choreographer Tak Sakaguchi (Battlefield Baseball, Yakuza Weapon). Arrow Video is proud to present this mythic cult title in both its original 2000 and expanded 2004 Ultimate Versus iterations, in a brand new, director-approved restoration."

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements by Arrow Films, approved by director Ryûhei Kitamura
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray™ presentations of both versions of the film: the original 2000 cut and 2004’s Ultimate Versus, featuring over 10 minutes of new and revised footage
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Chris Malbon

DISC 1: VERSUS
  • Original lossless Japanese 5.1 and 2.0 stereo audio and English 2.0 stereo audio
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Audio commentary by Audio commentary by Kitamura, cast and crew
  • Audio commentary by Kitamura and the cast and crew
  • New visual essay on the career of Kitamura by Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp
  • Behind Versus, a two-part behind-the-scenes documentary exploring the film’s production
  • First Contact: Versus Evolution, a featurette exploring the film’s origins
  • Tak Sakaguchi’s One-Man Journey, an archival featurette on the actor’s visit to the 2001 Japan Film Festival in Hamburg
  • Film festival screening footage
  • Team Versus, a brief look inside the Napalm Films office
  • Deep in the Woods, an archival featurette featuring interviews with Kitamura, cast and crew
  • The Encounter, an archival interview with editor Shûichi Kakesu
  • Deleted scenes with audio commentary by Kitamura, cast and crew
  • Nervous and Nervous 2, two “side story” mini-movies featuring characters from the main feature
  • Featurette on the making of Nervous 2
  • Versus FF Version, a condensed, 20-minute recut of the film
  • Multiple trailers
  • Image gallery

DISC 2: ULTIMATE VERSUS
  • Original lossless Japanese 6.1 and 2.0 stereo audio and English 6.1 and 2.0 stereo audio
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Audio commentary by Kitamura, cast and crew
  • Sakigake! Otoko versus Juku, a featurette on the newly shot material for Ultimate Versus
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film and a reprinted interview with Kitamura by Tom Mes, and notes on the making of the film by Kitamura

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!