Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lots of stuff I just don't rate, Hellgate, Lady Snowblood (I know QT influence but so slow!!!!), and I sold most DePalma titles to cex.

Looking forward to Tremors, ven though the wife's already said "You've already got it on dvd, DON'T buy it again!!!!" (Too late, bought with giftcard from amazon, it's done!)

Who else basically covers up their addiction to their partner? Hope it's not just me!

Love to all at Cult Labs!
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:25 PM
Active Cultist

Hmm regret many of the unknown slasher films over the last couple of years. Really dont know what people see in white of the eye so got rid of that. I too also regret getting hellgate until I made a £5 profit on it.
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:48 PM
Cult Addict

Can't really say i have any Arrow regrets. Maybe taking a chance on Walerian Bollockywollockz The Strange Case of DrJekyll and Sharon Osbourne or whatever its called. Personally i like Hellgate. Rather regret watching Hell Comes to Frogtown for free on netflix.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Lots of stuff I just don't rate, Hellgate, Lady Snowblood (I know QT influence but so slow!!!!), and I sold most DePalma titles to cex.

Looking forward to Tremors, ven though the wife's already said "You've already got it on dvd, DON'T buy it again!!!!" (Too late, bought with giftcard from amazon, it's done!)

Who else basically covers up their addiction to their partner? Hope it's not just me!

It ain't just you that covers up the addiction to buying, Angie once had me on a buying ban for three months even checking my work bag, even now she doesn't know about some of the stuff I have bought recently.
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
It ain't just you that covers up the addiction to buying, Angie once had me on a buying ban for three months even checking my work bag, even now she doesn't know about some of the stuff I have bought recently.
I've ordered lots of single discs in the Fox Film Noir range & the Mrs is working from home... oh dear!

On top of that the Friday the 13th & Dawn of the Dead sets are bound to be noticed in the coming months......

Let's just say a dvd addiction is better than other things i could be hooked on!
Old 3rd October 2020, 10:21 PM
Active Cultist

Damn u guys make me glad I'm single.........erm anyone got any sisters?
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 3rd October 2020, 11:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
Damn u guys make me glad I'm single.........erm anyone got any sisters?
I do but she is very temperamental....50% temeper, 50% Mental
Old 4th October 2020, 05:58 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Let's just say a dvd addiction is better than other things i could be hooked on!
Absolutely

I'm addicted to prawn cocktail flavoured crisps!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th October 2020, 10:35 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Lots of stuff I just don't rate, Hellgate....

Coincidentally, Hellgate had worked its way to the top of my 'to watch' pile last night and I resisted the urge to put it to the bottom again Regrets? You betcha, what a turd of a movie! Normally, watching a movie late on a Saturday I'll have a couple of whiskies. By the end of this movie I think I'd drank half a bottle and it didn't improve it Officially now the worst in my Arrow collection.

My missus and I keep our own separate accounts besides our household accounts so she doesn't really know how much I spend and doesn't ask. I think I'm pretty sensible though, buying most stuff in sales. I supplement the purchase of LE's with some ebay trading and I often get her to buy me an LE for birthday and Xmas. Buying LEs is the worst part of the addiction as there are so many I want, even on a decent income I can't keep up. That's why I don't get it when you get comments like 'Arrow are not what they used to be'. Personally, I need Arrow and the rest of them to be crapper to save me from myself

EDIT: A quick tip for getting more money for your collection. Do you ever get giftcards for birthday and xmas, like say M&S, and you just wish it could have been an Amazon one so you could add a disc to your collection? My in laws do it all the time, so I trade them at Cardyard for a percentage of the value which is paid into my Paypal account. I Recently traded a £60 one for £48.50 which I thought was a good return to be able to buy something I actually wanted.
https://www.cardyard.co.uk/

Last edited by Rob4; 4th October 2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 4th October 2020, 01:25 PM
Active Cultist

Hellgate is definitely up there with Troll 2 on the ‘so bad it’s good’ scale. It has good comedic value when watching with friends. Everything is just wrong
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!