Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26041Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2020, 10:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'll get Beyond Re-Animator in a sale as I don't have a a copy. Not sure I like Demons enough to upgrade to a higher resolution but I am curious about the second English language track? Does it improve the movie?

Shogun's Joy of Torture is the primo release for me as I've never seen it and don't think it has been out on a home viewing format before.
Old 28th November 2020, 12:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Not sure I like Demons enough to upgrade to a higher resolution but I am curious about the second English language track? Does it improve the movie?
This page discusses the differences:

https://eerieeriksreviews.blogspot.c...in-demons.html
Old 28th November 2020, 04:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
Although I wouldnt give up my Spanish Hell Night or Australian Demon Knight for anything!!!
Is the Aussie “Demon Knight” a rare one?

I always loved Demon Knight. Had it on video, recorded off the tv, and watched it regularly for years. Haven’t seen it in ages now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28th November 2020, 10:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Probably get El Duce Tapes but when it's on sale, not sure if it's worth full price.
Old 29th November 2020, 03:19 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Is the Aussie “Demon Knight” a rare one?

I always loved Demon Knight. Had it on video, recorded off the tv, and watched it regularly for years. Haven’t seen it in ages now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you tape it off BBC1 where they cut The Crypt Keeper segments from the start and end?
MuckyFunster likes this.
Old 29th November 2020, 08:29 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
The Fran Simeoni list that has Blurage frothing with anticipation

EDIT: the most intriguing one for me is 'H X 2 UHD' - i think this could be two Halloween films?
It could be 'The Hitcher' and it's 2003 sequel 'The Hitcher II: I've Been Waiting'

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th November 2020, 06:07 PM
Cultist

I'm not sure Aussie Demon Knight is rare, but it's such a cracking film!

I think my copy is by Umbrella. They're the Aussie equivalent of Arrow as far as I can tell. The prints are always good, but unfortunately they dont seem to do many special features. Caved in again and bought the Umbrella edition of The Blob recently and the quality is decent.

I would think The Blob and Demon Knight would be prime releases for a UK distributor. It's a mystery why no one has them. The UK can have Microwave Massacre but it cant have The Blob. It's a conspiracy on the scale of JFK.
Old 1st December 2020, 08:22 PM
Cult Master

"Coming in Spring of 2021 from Arrow Video

Along with the previously announced “The Bloodhound”, Arrow Video has acquired all rights in the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to Jill Gevargizian’s horror-drama The Stylist.

Adapted from Gevargizian’s acclaimed short film of the same name, The Stylist follows a lonely hairdresser who becomes obsessed with the lives of her clients and descends into murderous madness. The cast includes Najarra Townsend (Contracted), Brea Grant (Lucky, Beyond the Gates), and Millie Milan (Bonehill Road).Arrow Video hopes to release the film theatrically in the UK in early 2021

Additionally, Arrow Video has acquired all rights in multiple territories on Clapboard Jungle which follows five years of director Justin McConnell's life and career path to get a feature film made. Featuring interviews with filmmaking legends including Guillermo del Toro, Paul Schrader, George A. Romero, Larry Fessenden, Frank Henenlotter and more, the doc has been met with huge acclaim from festivals around the globe, including Fantasia, Sitges and Arrow Video FrightFest....

...and A Ghost Waits, starring MacLeod Andrews (Doctor Sleep, They Look Like People) and Natalie Walker, A Ghost Waits follows a young man employed to clean a house, only to find out it’s haunted and the spirit wants him out

Arrow Video has acquired all rights for multiple territories including UK, Eire, US, Canada, South Africa, NZ and Australia for A Ghost Waits and all rights for the UK, Eire, NZ and Australia, and additional home video rights for Canada for Clapboard Jungle.

Arrow Video is planning digital and physical releases for both titles in Spring 2021."
MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st December 2020, 08:34 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st December 2020, 08:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

WTF??

My God, Arrow. What have you done to yourselves.

Like this? Share it using the links below!