Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2021, 11:18 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
Is nico selling these to the companies for like a fiver or something?

Old 31st January 2021, 12:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
I mean dont get me wrong, I quite like the guy, watching his interviews and explanations about films. Just so far I've sold on every film arrow has released.
Wot even Island of Death? Get ye off this board
g053584398 likes this.
Old 31st January 2021, 12:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I've never even SEEN Island of Death let alone owned it and sold it on

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st January 2021, 12:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Hey, Justin you have to give it a try. It's not indicative of any of his other work - it's an ultra-sleazy jaw dropper.
g053584398 and Justin101 like this.
Old 31st January 2021, 01:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
You missed out on a weird and wonderful film. At some point, you really should buy it again.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 31st January 2021, 03:54 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
You should watch it its one of the few films i ever ever watched that i hated everyone in it so sleazy
Justin101 likes this.
Old 31st January 2021, 04:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Going to go against the grain here.

I've loved every Nico Mastorakis film i've seen - Island of Death, Blind Date, The Zero Boys, The Wind, Nightmare at Noon and Hired to Kill.

He can do no wrong for me.
g053584398 and Dave like this.
Old 31st January 2021, 05:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Tbh the only other one I've seen is The Zero Boys which is entertaining enough but would have benefitted from being a tad stronger with the premise and the violence.

If you do watch Island of Death I'd recommend that you go into it cold for the maximum effect. I think it was the one video nasty I watched without having been told bout it by school friends and it was all the better for not knowing what I was getting into.
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 31st January 2021, 08:41 PM
Cultist

Default The Arrow Thread

I love all his movies too. Even some of the movies he produced but didn’t direct have his bonkers trademark all over them and are great fun. Can’t believe 88 Films put out the 4 part documentary on the special features of Blind Date when it was already included with Arrows Island of Death. Then again probably part of the deal as old Nico is a marketing guru
Old 1st February 2021, 11:27 AM
Active Cultist

so what other indie producer/directors (who movies perhaps arent so great) these guys can get do business with? i dont really know anyone from before the 80's but there's

Obviously charles band and Lloyd kaufman but 88 have already released the majority of their worth while films, think the rest i would only buy in a collection and cheap.

Mark l lester released a handful of tv movie/direct to vid creature features and action flicks during the mid 90's/00's, but nothing of real interest.

Albert pyun owns some of his flicks but unfortunately these are all his worse films (which says a lot!), he does have alternative cuts to cyborg and captain america though if anyone were to re-release the films again in the uk they might be able to make him a deal.

David Michael Latt of Asylum, has shit loads of mockbusters and those shark films. They did do Stuart Gordon's King of The Ants which i'm sure some people would like.

There's J.R. Bookwalter.

Courtney Solomon but i think most of those he made deals with active companies, only one that might be of interest is Captivity as there's a much different cut of it (bet it still sucks though)

Uwe Boll I actually wouldn't mind a collection of his work mainly just to hear him talk about how he managed to raise money and that. did a few german films that haven't ever received uk release.

and there's kinda new guy Deon Taylor, his newer films are getting wide releases in the states by lionsgate and sony (must admit i did enjoy Black and Blue). but there's a few horror and thrillers from about a decade ago he did. Also his spoof of The Purge called Meet The Blacks didnt come out over here which while i'm told it's terrible is apparently still better than all of the other crappy spoofs made in the last 20 years. so who knows.

So anyone else know or other people? roger corman aside i dont know anyone from before the 80's thats still around.

Like this? Share it using the links below!