Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2021, 10:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm very tempted, but I've been burned too many times by major studio releases, it'll be half that price in less than 12 months. A lot of items were bought at full price (studio releases) only for them to be in flash sales and heavily discounted before I'd even got time to watch them. I'm seeing it with the 4K box sets already like Back to the Future and Lord of the Rings, both of which you can get £15-£20 off just 3 or 4 months later.
Oddly i was just about to order the Hobbit / LOTR set on blu seeing as Amazon have put it down to £24.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 4th June 2021, 10:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
When you think. In 2005-10 you could pick up discs from Blue Underground for four quid delivered from AllYourMusic and those Shriek Show triple packs. I never paid above a fiver delivered for any of them.

How times have changed.
Those were halcyon days!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 5th June 2021, 05:42 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm very tempted, but I've been burned too many times by major studio releases, it'll be half that price in less than 12 months. A lot of items were bought at full price (studio releases) only for them to be in flash sales and heavily discounted before I'd even got time to watch them. I'm seeing it with the 4K box sets already like Back to the Future and Lord of the Rings, both of which you can get £15-£20 off just 3 or 4 months later.

The Grefe and Rebane sets will all be cheap in Arrow sales 6 months from now. I was one of the suckers who paid £100+ for the HGL big box, now its £29.99 for the films alone. Jose Larraz was expensive and now cheap too (or was at one point). I'll wait for Grefe & Rebane.

I've pre ordered Vengence trails... but not sure why I'm paying £54.99 for something that will be half that in 6 months... ho hum!
g053584398 likes this.
Old 5th June 2021, 06:17 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
When you think. In 2005-10 you could pick up discs from Blue Underground for four quid delivered from AllYourMusic and those Shriek Show triple packs. I never paid above a fiver delivered for any of them.

How times have changed.
Yeah, I've only ever ordered from USA once- the recent Vinegar syndrome sale, and went a bit overboard. But most of the titles I bought were less than £15. They just put out more interesting titles at the moment.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 5th June 2021, 08:50 AM
Cultist

Have to agree the price of blu rays from Arrow, 88 Films and Eureka are ridiculous these days. I love how the adding of a bit of cardboard and a wee book means you can try and justify and extra fiver or so.

Eureka are beyond taking the piss with some of their releases 20 odd quid for Millionaires Express because it's got a few versions of the film.

Arrow used to be good with great sales as well where they had blu rays for £6 but that seems years ago.

Same with 88, must be pre covid they had a good sale on at Fopp etc

Maybe it is all on its last legs. My mate was showing me that you can buy loads of the Arrow stuff on the Apple TV app, sadly that's maybe the way forward.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 5th June 2021, 12:24 PM
Cultist

I know John. There was a time when Arrow ate green berets for breakfast, but now just sound like a bunch of pissant soldiers trying to talk tough, it makes me laugh. Where once they were an ocean liner, they're now a canoe with wings. The whole set up is just dead tired, and they seem not to follow through with things. It's like they're saying "remember when I said I'd release Inglourious Basterds? I lied". I wish they were silent and smooth, like the old days, but it seems like theres nooo chance.
Old 5th June 2021, 12:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Matrix View Post
Have to agree the price of blu rays from Arrow, 88 Films and Eureka are ridiculous these days. I love how the adding of a bit of cardboard and a wee book means you can try and justify and extra fiver or so.

Eureka are beyond taking the piss with some of their releases 20 odd quid for Millionaires Express because it's got a few versions of the film.

Arrow used to be good with great sales as well where they had blu rays for £6 but that seems years ago.

Same with 88, must be pre covid they had a good sale on at Fopp etc

Maybe it is all on its last legs. My mate was showing me that you can buy loads of the Arrow stuff on the Apple TV app, sadly that's maybe the way forward.
Nearest fopp to us is Manchester I’m Cleveleys so it’s a hr drive,
Shame fopp don’t do online .
Old 6th June 2021, 01:49 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
I know John. There was a time when Arrow ate green berets for breakfast, but now just sound like a bunch of pissant soldiers trying to talk tough, it makes me laugh. Where once they were an ocean liner, they're now a canoe with wings. The whole set up is just dead tired, and they seem not to follow through with things. It's like they're saying "remember when I said I'd release Inglourious Basterds? I lied". I wish they were silent and smooth, like the old days, but it seems like theres nooo chance.
Best post I've read all day.
Old 8th June 2021, 07:41 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

ALL commodoties have rocketed post covid,it's pathetic.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th June 2021, 01:27 PM
Cult Master

Arrow currently have a Best Of Europe sale on, with "up to 60% off European film and TV titles" "running until June 25

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!