Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2021, 06:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I’ve ordered Years of Lead off of Amazon and there’s zero movement on dispatch, it’s still saying expected delivery 28th June!
Mine was the same.
I ended up cancelling it and ordering it from HMV instead.
Old 23rd June 2021, 07:18 PM
Active Cultist

Is that picture a reference to the jail scene in the hitcher when he wakes up?
Old 23rd June 2021, 08:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
Is that picture a reference to the jail scene in the hitcher when he wakes up?
The Hitcher is with Second Sight so it can’t be that.
Old 23rd June 2021, 08:27 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Jail.Bloodshed.

Deffo THE HITCHER.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 23rd June 2021, 11:20 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
The Hitcher is with Second Sight so it can’t be that.
Oh I know second sight r. But that's not going to stop arrow releasing it as well.
Old 24th June 2021, 08:40 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I’ve ordered Years of Lead off of Amazon and there’s zero movement on dispatch, it’s still saying expected delivery 28th June!
I preordered it from HMV and it arrived on Monday. I haven't watched any of the films yet.
Old 24th June 2021, 08:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I preordered it from HMV and it arrived on Monday. I haven't watched any of the films yet.
It's a good set, although the Camera Obscura releases of four of the titles feature superior bitrates. I wish they'd given each film an individual disc or, failing that, I wish they'd put all but the smallest of extra features on a separate special features disc. It is still a good release though.
Old 25th June 2021, 02:01 PM
Cult Master

Looks like there is a new Arrow sale from July 1st - 'Camp Arrow Video Part II'
nosferatu42 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th June 2021, 02:05 PM
Cult Master

STANDARD EDITION UK TITLE: The films of Olivier Assayas (Blu-ray)

Release date: September 6

Witty, heartfelt, and daring, Assayas – now recognised as one of French cinema’s finest talents - remains one of the most interesting international filmmakers working today. No two films are quite alike. His work is vital, unexpected, and unmissable for any true lover of film.

"Now recognised as one of French cinema’s finest talents courtesy of such modern classics as Carlos, Summer Hours and Clouds of Sils Maria, Olivier Assayas started out as a critic and screenwriter before making his debut feature as director in 1986.

Disorder tells the tale of a post-punk band whose friendships are tested when a music store robbery turns fatal. It marked Assayas as a talent to be reckoned with. The intimate story of Winter’s Child built on that reputation and showed his remarkable gifts with actors, while in Irma Vep Assayas turned his attention to the French film industry to provide a mid-90s amalgam of François Truffaut’s Day for Night and Rainer Werner Fassbinder’s Beware of a Holy Whore, delighting audiences around the world and featuring a stand-out turn by Maggie Cheung playing a version of herself. Meanwhile, the startlingly prescient neo-noir/cyberhorror masterpiece Demonlover, takes a darker turn to present a chilling exploration of the nexus between sex and violence available at the click of a button, riffing on Cronenberg’s Videodrome and with an iconic score by art-rock pioneers, Sonic Youth.

Witty, heartfelt, and daring, Assayas remains one of the most interesting international filmmakers working today. No two films are quite alike. His work is vital, unexpected, and unmissable for any true lover of film."

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • Four films by Olivier Assayas: Disorder, Winter’s Child, Irma Vep and Demonlover
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all four films, from 2K restorations supervised and approved by Olivier Assayas
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Special packaging with newly commissioned artwork by Sister Hyde

DISC 1 - DISORDER/WINTER’S CHILD
  • Original 2.0 Stereo soundtracks
  • Interview with writer-director Oliver Assayas
  • Interview with the cast of Disorder, Ann-Gisel Glass, Lucas Belvaux, Wadeck Stanczak and Rémi Martin
  • Theatrical trailers
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin

DISC 2 - IRMA VEP
  • Original 2.0 Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Audio commentary by writer-director Olivier Assayas and critic Jean-Michel Frodon
  • On the Set of Irma Vep, a 30-minute behind-the-scenes featurette with optional commentary by Assayas and Frodon
  • Interview with Assayas and critic Charles Tesson
  • Interview with actors Maggie Cheung and Nathalie Richard
  • Man Yuk: A Portrait of Maggie Cheung, a 1997 short film by Assayas
  • Black and white rushes
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Peter Strain

DISC 3 - DEMONLOVER
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD master audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Audio commentary by writer/director Olivier Assayas
  • Visual essay written and narrated by critic Jonathan Romney
  • Peripherie de Demonlover, an hour-long behind-the-scenes documentary directed by Yorick Le Saux
  • Archive interviews with Olivier Assayas, Connie Nielsen, Chloë Sevigny and Charles Berling
  • SY NYC 12/12/01: The Demonlover Sessions, a fly-on-the-wall documentary about the recording of the music score by Sonic Youth
  • Q&A with Olivier Assayas filmed at the Wexner Center for the Arts in 2003
  • Extended version of the Hellfire Club sequence
  • Original theatrical trailers
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Chris Malbon

g053584398 likes this.

Old 25th June 2021, 02:08 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK TITLE: Walk on the Wild Side (Blu-ray)

Release date: September 6

"A SIDE OF LIFE YOU NEVER EXPECTED TO SEE ON SCREEN!

Jane Fonda, Laurence Harvey, Barbara Stanwyck and Capucine give exceptional performances in his lurid drama of love and lust set in Depression era New Orleans.

Down-to-earth, good-natured Dove Linkhorn (Laurence Harvey) train hops from Texas to Louisiana with Kitty Twist (Jane Fonda) in search of his lost love Hallie (Capucine), a soft-spoken, sophisticated artist. Once in New Orleans, Dove is devastated to discover that she has been reduced to working in the “Doll House”, a high society bordello run by ruthless madam Jo Courtney (Barbara Stanwyck). But when Dove tries to take Hallie away he finds himself fighting for his life against bordello thugs and the jealous Jo who wants Hallie for herself.

Based on the novel by Nelson Algren, with an Academy Award nominated title song, a screenplay co-written by Ask the Dust author John Fante and featuring a stunning title sequence by Saul and Elaine Bass, Arrow Video is proud to present this provocative picture for the first time on Blu-ray, in a brand 4K new restoration."

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of a brand new 4K restoration from Sony Pictures
  • Original lossless mono audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new commentary by critics Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan
  • Brand new interview with historian and critic Richard Dyer
  • Brand new interview with Pat Kirkham, co-author of Saul Bass: A Life in Film and Design
  • Archival interview with director Edward Dmytryk
  • Stills Gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Scott Saslow

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet with new writing by critics Lee Gambin and Eloise Ross.

g053584398 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!