Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Dave Boy 30th August 2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 362266)
The UK release on DVD had a better picture than the US release and was 16x9 anamorphic. I know, because I sold off my US release and kept the UK release. The only thing missing from the UK disc was the prologue filmed for TV (which was an extra on the US disc).

Nice one. Thanks for the info.:yo:

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th August 2013 11:58 AM

For the first time in a year, well since Super Bitch actually, Arrow release something worthwhile in Milano Calibro 9 and i've already got it on the Di Leo box set from Raro USA.

PaulD 30th August 2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 362280)
For the first time in a year, well since Super Bitch actually, Arrow release something worthwhile in Milano Calibro 9 and i've already got it on the Di Leo box set from Raro USA.

I can't imagine it being a dvd-only release anyway to be honest. Dual-format if anything. Out of interest would/do you buy dual format releases at all?

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th August 2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 362285)
I can't imagine it being a dvd-only release anyway to be honest. Dual-format if anything. Out of interest would/do you buy dual format releases at all?

Certainly, if i don't already own the film.

I'll be picking up the forthcoming House on Straw Hill US release for example.

PaulD 30th August 2013 12:12 PM

Ah cool, was just wondering since that's part of the reason for dual format, to appeal to both those who buy dvd as well as bluray.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th August 2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 362290)
Ah cool, was just wondering since that's part of the reason for dual format, to appeal to both those who buy dvd as well as bluray.

They don't appeal, they're a rip off..... but if thats the only way then i guess it has to be done.

Luckily there aren't that many totally new titles being released nowadays.

Slippery Jack 30th August 2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 362290)

Always the preferred option for me as I don't have my Blu player / tv with me when I'm working away from home, just dvds on my laptop . . .

BAKA 2nd September 2013 10:23 AM

They just announced Jack Hill's Pit Stop on Facebook & Twitter.

I actually haven't seen it, but I've liked everything else from Hill that I've seen, so I'll give it a try.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd September 2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 362911)
They just announced Jack Hill's Pit Stop on Facebook & Twitter.

I actually haven't seen it, but I've liked everything else from Hill that I've seen, so I'll give it a try.

I'm exactly the same as I haven't seen it but haven't seen a Jack Hill film I didn't like, so that will be a definite pre-order.

Slippery Jack 2nd September 2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 362916)
I'm exactly the same as I haven't seen it but haven't seen a Jack Hill film I didn't like, so that will be a definite pre-order.

Indeed. Never heard of it - looks like it was made somewhere between Spider Baby and his 70's golden period. It stars Sid Haig anyway, so it must be worth watching :nod: . . .