Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2022, 02:47 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
I've ordered Henry. No idea why, its not what you'd call 'entertainment' It's a bit like a road accident; you have to look even if you are bit afraid of what you'll see...
Pity that over all those discs there's not a single contribution from Rooker.
it'smebilly likes this.
Old 28th January 2022, 02:59 PM
Cult Addict

I simply can't afford to keep up with Arrow these days. In my opinion their prices just take the piddle and their sales are just a joke.
Old 28th January 2022, 03:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
I've ordered Henry. No idea why, its not what you'd call 'entertainment' It's a bit like a road accident; you have to look even if you are bit afraid of what you'll see...
I like Henry but I'm perfectly happy with the existing blu.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 28th January 2022, 03:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I simply can't afford to keep up with Arrow these days. In my opinion their prices just take the piddle and their sales are just a joke.
I agree. I wanted both Shock and Sleep but when both are £17.99 i can't really afford to blind buy Sleep.

When the expected energy bill hike arrives in March paying £20 / £30 for a blu simply won't be happening. Full stop.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 28th January 2022 at 03:20 PM.
Old 28th January 2022, 03:28 PM
Cult Veteran

I've never even see Henry, I doubt that Arrows 4k is going to be my first time viewing... Like i've heard it's good, but everyone has also said they'd unlikely watch it twice...
it'smebilly likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th January 2022, 03:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've never even see Henry, I doubt that Arrows 4k is going to be my first time viewing... Like i've heard it's good, but everyone has also said they'd unlikely watch it twice...
I used to have it on vhs. Only watched it the one time. Never bothered to get it on dvd.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 28th January 2022, 03:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

I haven't seen Henry for 20 years and I've never seen it uncut so I'm interested to see if it still holds up. It was a challenging work but not one I felt I couldn't watch again... but maybe I'll think differently now that I'm older...

The first time I saw it I was house-sitting for a friend and left it behind for him to return to the video shop. Of course he watched it first and I don't think he's forgiven me since
Old 28th January 2022, 06:12 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Arrow Thread

Down for Henry on 4K, but wonder what goes through their minds sometimes when choosing reverse artwork. Personally I would've used the poster art with the still image.

IMG_9494.jpg
Old 28th January 2022, 06:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Rogue Cops and Racketeer set looks great.

Over a long and wide-ranging career, director Enzo G. Castellari (Keoma, The Inglorious Bastards) helmed some of the most infamous of all the poliziotteschi – the gritty, action-packed crime films that proliferated in Italy throughout the 70s. Buckle up for a heart-stopping thrill ride through the seedy underbelly of Italian society in two of his most celebrated thrillers!

In 1976’s The Big Racket, Inspector Nico Palmieri (Fabio Testi, What Have You Done to Solange?) is hot on the heels of a gang of ruthless racketeers. Realizing he’s not going to get anywhere within the confines of the law, Nico recruits a crack squad of civilians to dole out their own brand of justice. Then, in 1977’s The Heroin Busters, rule-flouting cop Fabio (Testi) goes deep undercover, chasing a globe-trotting ring of drug-smugglers suspected to be operating out of Rome. But can he and Mike Hamilton (David Hemmings, Deep Red), an Interpol agent with a hair-trigger temper, stay one step ahead of the criminals long enough to bring them down from the inside?

Featuring death-defying stunts, explosive shoot-outs and a pair of addictive, toe-tapping soundtracks courtesy of the De Angelis brothers (Torso) and legendary prog rock group Goblin (Suspiria), these two films represent the crème de la crème of the Italian crime thriller, both making their high definition debuts with stunning new restorations in this feature-packed box set from Arrow!

2-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

- Brand new 2K restorations of both films from the original 35mm camera negatives by Arrow Films
- High Definition Blu-ray™ (1080p) presentations
- Original Italian and English front and end titles
- Restored original lossless mono Italian and English soundtracks
- Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtracks
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtracks
- New audio commentaries on both films by critics Adrian J. Smith and David Flint
- Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the films by Roberto Curti and Barry Forshaw
- Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Colin Murdoch
- Twelve double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards

DISC 1 – THE BIG RACKET

- The Years of Racketeering, a new video interview with co-writer/director Enzo G. Castellari
- Violent Times, a new video interview with actor Fabio Testi
- Angel Face for a Tough Guy, a new video interview with actor Massimo Vanni
- King of Movieola, a new video interview with editor Gianfranco Amicucci
- The Great Racket, a new appreciation and career retrospective of composers Guido and Maurizio De Angelis by musician and disc collector Lovely Jon
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery

DISC 2 – THE HEROIN BUSTERS

- Endless Pursuit, a new video interview with co-writer/director Enzo G. Castellari
- Drug Squad, a new video interview with actor Fabio Testi
- The Drug Dealer, a new video interview with actor Massimo Vanni
- How They Killed Italian Cinema, a new video interview with editor Gianfranco Amicucci
- A Cop on the Set, a new video interview with retired poliziotto and criminologist Nicola Longo
- The Eardrum Busters, a new appreciation and career retrospective of composers Goblin by musician and disc collector Lovely Jon
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery
THE BIG RACKET was cut by the BBFC last time it was released by Vipco ( complete with stunning cover art ).
134E5863-8908-4B16-85BE-B59D53A80EFD.jpeg
Providing the cuts are waived ( I would like to think they would be ) then I’ll definitely be getting this.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 28th January 2022, 07:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
THE BIG RACKET was cut by the BBFC last time it was released by Vipco ( complete with stunning cover art ).
Attachment 238837
Providing the cuts are waived ( I would like to think they would be ) then I’ll definitely be getting this.
I can't see it being cut these days since there has been a considerable liberalisation of BBFC policy since it was last classified. I'm really looking forward to this release, even though I have both of the old US DVDs.

Like this? Share it using the links below!