LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th March 2022, 11:45 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The only one i might consider getting straight away is Edge of Sanity. Initiation of Sarah is an £8 sale pick up next year.

£30 for Demonia is a complete taking of the urine.
Ditto, on all counts.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th March 2022, 05:02 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
I'll get both IoS and EoS. Perhaps not essential but they are welcome releases.
Likewise.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th March 2022, 09:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Isn't Hell High supposed to be released or is it a Inglorious Bastards/Wolf Of Wall Street deal?

Also for April Fools Day, they should do announcements of another edition of Battle Royale, Donnie Darko, American Werewolf In London...etc, basically all the titles that they keep re-releasing and getting mocked for.
Old 28th March 2022, 06:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watch what you wish for NR!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd April 2022, 05:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched Mary Shelley's Frankenstein in 4k last night.Looked stunning.
Followed immediately by Bram Stoker's Dracula in 4k-a cracking double bill.

Don't usually,but I'm going to watch MSF again tomorrow with Mr.Brooke's commentary.

Old 3rd April 2022, 09:05 AM
Cult Veteran

I too watched Frankenstein last night, I enjoyed it but it struck me how Branagh would have faired better had he stayed in the director’s chair rather than in front of the camera, he needs someone to reign in his over acting lol.

Going through the extra features this morning. Jonathan Rigby now sporting a spiffing beard!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th April 2022, 08:51 PM
Cult Master

According to Variety...

"Quentin Dupieux’s Berlinale Title ‘Incredible But True’ Gets U.S., U.K. Release From Arrow Films (EXCLUSIVE)

Arrow Films have acquired U.S., Canada, U.K. and Ireland rights to Berlinale title “Incredible But True,” by French writer-director Quentin Dupieux (“Mandibles”).

The quirky comedy, which had its world premiere at the Berlin Film Festival in February, sees a husband and wife move into a suburban house of their dreams only to discover that a mysterious secret is hidden in the basement, which may change their lives forever.

The film stars Alain Chabat (“The Science of Sleep,” “Mood Indigo”), Léa Drucker (“Custody,” “The Man of My Life”), Benoît Magimel (“The Piano Teacher,” “Thieves”) and Anaïs Demoustier (“Sweet Evil,” “Alice and the Mayor”).

Reviewing the film at Berlin, Variety critic Jessica Kiang described the film as “a fun little trinket that unmistakably comes from Dupieux’s far-out perspective” and “charmingly eccentric.”

The film is an Atelier de Production production in co-production with Versus Production and Arte France Cinema and produced by Mathieu Verhaeghe and Thomas Verhaeghe.

Arrow Films, a U.K.-based premiere label for cult, art, horror and world cinema, is planning a fall release on digital in the U.K., U.S., Canada and Ireland and a deluxe collector’s edition Blu-ray in those territories as part of its well-known Arrow Video brand.

The deal was negotiated by Francesco Simeoni, director of content at Arrow Films, and Gregory Chambet on behalf of WTFilms and Wild Bunch International who co-represent the film together.

Simeoni said: “We’ve long been fans of Quentin Dupieux’s work and we are thrilled to bring his inventive and hilarious latest new feature to audiences across our territories. We are sure the film will connect well with audiences across a variety of platforms.”

Chambet added: “Arrow is the perfect distributor to bring this insanely original time travelling film to American and British audiences. Their marketing talent and love for cult filmmakers are a great fit with Quentin Dupieux’s universe.”"

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Incredible But True.jpg (88.4 KB, 5 views)
Demoncrat likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th April 2022, 07:13 AM
Cultist

Hey all, do we think Arrow will do an Easter sale this year? I know they did a ltd ed "sale" earlier in the year, but I'm hoping for a sale rather than a "sale".
Old 12th April 2022, 07:22 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
Hey all, do we think Arrow will do an Easter sale this year? I know they did a ltd ed "sale" earlier in the year, but I'm hoping for a sale rather than a "sale".
Almost certainly

Looking back through this thread, an 'Easter / Spring' sale has been mentioned almost every year since 2015!

Just need to wait and see whether it's a sale that lasts for a weekend, a month or something inbetween!!

Old 12th April 2022, 07:54 AM
Cult Master

Apparently someone has found a postcard for 'The Boxer's Omen' (1983) in a copy of 'Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer'

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Boxers Omen Postcard.jpg (94.5 KB, 6 views)
g053584398 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!