Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2023, 10:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Sorry Dem. Edited the post to include the titles. Nicked the image from Instagram. The Instagram post doesn't state whether UK or US. Guess we'll get confirmation tomorrow.
I won't be paying fifty or sixty quid for this set i can tell you that.

I've already got DM, CD and Arena on Shout Factory dvd sets that cost about a fiver new for four films.

They really aren't worth the price Arrow will be asking.
Old 29th March 2023, 10:10 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

I've already got DM, CD and Arena on Shout Factory dvd sets that cost about a fiver new for four films.

That's the sad bit. I can't knock Arrow for the release. It's the sort of stuff I wish they'd focus on. But it'll be £59.99.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th March 2023, 10:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- 4K restoration by Arrow Films of both the Theatrical and Extended cuts of the film, approved by director Kevin Smith and cinematographer David Klein
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Original DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on all cuts
- Audio commentary on the Theatrical version and and other cut with director Kevin Smith, producer Scott Mosier, archivist Vincent Pereira, and actors Jason Lee, Ben Affleck, and Jason Mewes
- Introduction to the film by Kevin Smith
- My Mallrat Memories, an interview with Kevin Smith
- Tribute to producer Jim Jacks by Kevin Smith
- Interview with actor Jason Mewes
- Interview with Cinematographer David Klein
- Hollywood of the North, an animated making-of documentary featuring Minnesota crew members who worked on the film
- Deleted Scenes, Kevin Smith and Vincent Pereira discuss deleted scenes and sequences originally cut from the film
- Outtakes and behind the scenes footage
- Cast interviews from the original set
- Erection of an Epic: The making of Mallrats, an archival retrospective with cast and crew looking at the making and release of the film
- Q&A with Kevin Smith, archival Q&A filmed for the 10th anniversary
- ‘Build Me Up Buttercup’ music video
- Still galleries
- Archival introduction to the extended cut by Kevin Smith and Scott Mossier
- Soundtrack EPK
- Dailies
- Theatrical trailer
- Easter eggs
- Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Philip Kemp
- Fold out poster featuring replica blueprints for ‘Operation Drive-by’ and ‘Operation Dark Knight’
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Robert Sammelin
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th March 2023, 10:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Full spec of the box set.

Quote:
In The Dungeonmaster (AKA Ragewar), computer programmer Paul Bradford is sucked into a fantasy world by Mestema, a demonic sorcerer in search of a worthy opponent. Meanwhile, fresh from the one-two punch of Re-Animator and From Beyond, director Stuart Gordon takes a turn toward fairytale gothic in Dolls, in which a group of strangers find themselves forced to seek shelter at the isolated home of an old toymaker and his wife, only to find that the puppets and dolls have a vicious life of their own. In Cellar Dweller, a comic book artist (Jeffrey Combs) with a penchant for the macabre takes inspiration from an ancient tome and unleashes an ancient evil. Arena presents the ultimate fight night event: man vs monster! In the far future of 4038, a short order cook becomes the first human in fifty years to compete in an intergalactic boxing event on the far side of the universe. Finally in Robot Jox, Stuart Gordon directs Empire Pictures' most ambitious movie yet, as men and women pilot giant machines in gladiatorial battle to settle international disputes over territory.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Limited edition packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Laurie Greasley
- Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Ilan Sheady
- Double sided posters for each film featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Ilan Sheady
- 15 postcard-sized reproduction artcards
- Arrow Video store “membership card”
- 80-page perfect bound book featuring new writing on the films by Lee Gambin, Dave Jay, Megan Navarro, and John Harrison plus select archival material

THE DUNGEONMASTER
- New 2K restoration from the original negative
- Three different versions of the film via seamless branching: the US theatrical version (The Dungeonmaster), the pre-release version and the international version (Ragewar)
- Original lossless mono audio
- New audio commentary with star Jeffrey Byron, moderated by film critics Matty Budrewicz and Dave Wain
- I Reject Your Reality and Substitute My Own, a new interview with star Jeffrey Byron
- Theatrical trailers
- Image gallery

DOLLS
- New 2K restoration from the original interpositive
- Original lossless stereo audio
- New audio commentary by David Decoteau, Empire alumnus and friend of Stuart Gordon
- Archive audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon and writer Ed Naha
- Archive audio commentary with cast members Carolyn Purdy-Gordon, Stephen Lee, Carrie Lorraine, and Ian Patrick Williams
- Assembling Dolls, a new interview with Lee Percy, editor of Dolls, Re-Animator and From Beyond
- Toys of Terror: The Making of Dolls, an archive featurette with Gordon, Yuzna, Purdy-Gordon, Williams, Charles Band and Gabe Bartalos
- Film-to-storyboard comparison
- Theatrical trailers
- Image gallery

CELLAR DWELLER

- Additional picture restoration
- New audio commentary by special make-up effects artist Michael Deak who inhabited the Cellar Dweller creature suit, moderated by film critics Matty Budrewicz and Dave Wain
- Grabbed by the Ghoulies, a new appreciation of John Carl Buechler, special make-up effects artist of many Empire Pictures films and director of Cellar Dweller, by film critics Matty Budrewicz and Dave Wain
- Inside the Cellar, a new interview with special make-up effects artist Michael Deak
- Original sales sheet
- Original production notes
- VHS trailer
- Empire Pictures trailers
- Image galleries, including behind the scenes photos courtesy of special make-up effects artist Michael Deak

ARENA
- New 2K restoration from the last known surviving 35mm elements
- New audio commentary with director Peter Manoogian, moderated by film critics Matty Budrewicz and Dave Wain
- Alternative fullframe presentation
- Not His Arena, a new interview with co-screenwriter Danny Bilson
- Empire of Creatures, a new interview with special make-up effects artist Michael Deak
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery

ROBOT JOX
- New 2K restoration from the original negative
- Archive audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon
- Archive audio commentary with associate effects director Paul Gentry, mechanical effects artist Mark Rappaport, and stop-motion animator Paul Jessell
- Crash and Burn, a new interview with actor Gary Graham
- Her Name is Athena, a new Interview with actor Anne-Marie Johnson
- The Scale of Battle: David Allen and the FX of Robot Jox, a new appreciation of stop motion animator David Allen by those who knew him, featuring contributions from fellow visual effects artists Steve Burg, Yancy Calzeda, Paul Gentry, Kevin Kutchaver, Dennis Muren and John Vincent
- Looking Back, an archival interview with actor Paul Koslo
- Original sales sheet
- Original production notes
- Theatrical trailer
- Image galleries, including behind the scenes stills courtesy of associate effects director Paul Gentry
Old 29th March 2023, 10:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
THREE-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
· Three cuts of the film newly restored from original film elements by Arrow Films
· Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
· Six collector’s postcards
· Double-sided fold-out poster
· Limited edition 60-page perfect bound book featuring writing on the film by David J. Moore and Daniel Griffith, and archival articles
· Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper

DISC ONE – THE THEATRICAL CUT (4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY)
· 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of the original theatrical cut
· Dolby Atmos, 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo audio options
· Maelstrom: The Odyssey of Waterworld – feature-length making-of documentary including extensive cast and crew interviews and behind the scenes footage
· Dances With Waves – original archival featurette capturing the film’s production
· Global Warnings – film critic Glenn Kenny explores the subgenre of ecologically themed end-of-the-world films
· Production and promotional still gallery
· Visual effects still gallery
· Original trailers and TV spots

DISC TWO – THE TV CUT (BLU-RAY) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
· High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the extended US TV cut, which runs over 40 minutes longer than the theatrical cut
· Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo audio options

DISC THREE – THE ULYSSES CUT (BLU-RAY) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
· High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the extended European Ulysses cut, which include previously censored shots and dialogue
· Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo audio options
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th March 2023, 10:16 PM
Cult Veteran

Mallrats will be US only, I’m not buying it again I already paid £30 for the Blu-ray it won’t look any different at all.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Made at the end of the 1970s, Game Trilogy launched actor Yusaku Matsuda as the Toei tough guy for a new generation. Matsuda was the definitive screen icon of 1980s until his career was tragically cut short by cancer at the age of 40, following his Hollywood debut in Ridley Scott’s Black Rain.

In this career-defining triptych, Matsuda is Shohei Narumi, an ice cool hitman of few words, a steely trigger finger, and a heart of stone, hired in The Most Dangerous Game by a company bidding for a lucrative government air defense contract to take out the competition. In The Killing Game, Narumi finds himself caught in the midst of violent yakuza gang warfare, while his own brutal past catches up with him in the form of two beautiful women still bearing the emotional scars of his past assignments. In The Execution Game, Narumi falls for a mysterious saloon bar chanteuse who may or may not be part of the same, shadowy underworld organization as the rival hitmen he is employed to rub out.

Released for the very first time outside Japan, with their cool blue cinematography by Nagisa Oshima collaborator Seizo Sengen and a sultry score by jazz legend Yuji Ohno, Murakawa’s masterful set of films raised the bar for the Japanese action movie to new heights.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all films
- Original lossless mono Japanese soundtracks
- Optional newly translated English subtitles
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
- Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the films by Hayley Scanlon and Dimitri Ianni

DISC 1: THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME

- Brand new audio commentary by Chris Poggiali and Marc Walkow
- The Action Man, a 30-minute interview with director Toru Murakawa
- Original Japanese theatrical trailer
- Image gallery

DISC 2: THE KILLING GAME & THE EXECUTION GAME
- Brand new audio commentary on The Killing Game by Earl Jackson and Jasper Sharp
- Brand new audio commentary on The Execution Game by Tom Mes
- Remembering Yusaku Matsuda, an interview with Yutaka Oki, film critic and personal friend of Yusaku Matsuda
- Game Changer, an interview with The Execution Game screenwriter Shoichi Maruyama
- Original Japanese theatrical trailers for both films
- Image galleries for both films
g053584398 likes this.
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

They'll come down. 18 months time they'll be available at about £24 in a sale. They are not exactly top of the range cult titles, but weirdly, given there prominence on VHS, I haven't actually seen any of them.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th March 2023, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
· 2K restorations from the original elements by Fortune Star of both the original HK Theatrical Cut and the shorter Export Cut
· High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
· Original lossless Cantonese and Mandarin mono audio for the HK Theatrical Cut, plus lossless English mono for the export cut
· Two choices of English dubbed audio for the HK Theatrical Cut: the original export dub mono (with Cantonese patches for missing scenes) and the newer 5.1 dub created for international DVD presentations
· Optional English subtitles for the HK Theatrical Cut and English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing on the Export Cut
· Commentary on the HK Theatrical Cut by martial arts cinema expert Frank Djeng & actor Bobby Samuels
· Commentary on the Export Cut by action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
· Archival documentary The Way of the Warrior: The Making of Warriors Two, featuring interviews with stars Sammo Hung, Bryan “Beardy” Leung Kar-Yan, Feng Hak-An, Casanova Wong and Wing Chun master Guy Lai
· Archival interview with Bryan “Beardy” Leung Kar-Yan
· Original theatrical trailers
· Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Joe Kim
· Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Joe Kim
· Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Jonathan Clements and original press materials
Old 29th March 2023, 10:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
They'll come down. 18 months time they'll be available at about £24 in a sale. They are not exactly top of the range cult titles but weirdly, given there prominence on VHS, I haven't actually seen any of them.
Dolls is brilliant, a long time favourite of mine. I also liked Robot Jox though I haven't seen it this millennium.
Demdike@Cult Labs and Rob4 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!