Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st March 2023, 02:25 PM
Cult Addict

Well it doesn't look as though the Empire set is US only. It's up on Zavvi at £54.99. Little less than I expected but still more than I'm prepared to pay.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 31st March 2023, 02:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yes it's a UK release also indicating that 101's Dolls rights have lapsed

It may be that I'm just getting old but from Arrow's FB page it seems the Empire box has been met with a wave of positivity. I shouldn't be surprised really as I think the main cult demographics sits firmly in the 80s and the nostalgia for these titles will overcome any assessment of their relative quality.
Old 31st March 2023, 03:20 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Yes it's a UK release also indicating that 101's Dolls rights have lapsed

It may be that I'm just getting old but from Arrow's FB page it seems the Empire box has been met with a wave of positivity. I shouldn't be surprised really as I think the main cult demographics sits firmly in the 80s and the nostalgia for these titles will overcome any assessment of their relative quality.
Well it certainly holds more appeal for me than most of the toss Arrow have been putting out of late.

will graham and Rob4 like this.
Old 31st March 2023, 04:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Well it certainly holds more appeal for me than most of the toss Arrow have been putting out of late.

Certainly know what you mean. I think my main area of interest is pre-1985ish so these sit right on the cusp. I'm interested in these as I've not seen them before but at a sale price rather than what it is at presently.
Old 31st March 2023, 05:00 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK TITLE: The Lighthouse (Blu-ray) - Blu-ray Pre-order available for limited edition Blu-ray - £25:00 or limited edition 4K UHD - £30:00

Release date: June 12

"From Robert Eggers, the visionary director of The Witch and The Northman, comes The Lighthouse, a hypnotic and hallucinatory tale of two men teetering on the edge of sanity.

Two “wickies” – one inexperienced (Robert Pattinson, Tenet), the other a grizzled veteran (Willem Dafoe, To Live and Die in LA) – arrive on a remote New England island in the 1890s for a four-week stint maintaining the local lighthouse. But as isolation and personal differences take their toll, both men slowly succumb to their inner demons and to the strange, otherworldly allure of the lighthouse itself…

Featuring virtuoso performances by its two leads, striking and period-authentic monochrome photography, and shot through with wickedly dark humour, The Lighthouse is an intense, claustrophobic experience like no other that cements Eggers’ status as one of the most exciting filmmakers of our time.
"

Special features:
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo audio options
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary by authors Guy Adams and Alexandra Benedict
  • Audio commentary by co-writer/director Robert Eggers
  • Art of Darkness: Making The Lighthouse – a brand new, in-depth documentary on the film, its production, themes and influences, featuring new interviews with co-writer/director Robert Eggers, director of photography Jarin Blaschke, production designer Craig Lathrop, costume designer Linda Muir and authors Guy Adams and Alexandra Benedict
  • The Lighthouse Next Door: The Consuming House Tale of Robert Eggers’ The Lighthouse – a brand new visual essay on the film and its folklore influences by author and critic Kat Ellinger
  • The Lighthouse: A Dark & Stormy Tale – a three-part documentary on the making of the film
  • Deleted scenes
  • Two theatrical trailers
  • Image gallery
  • Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeffrey Alan Love
  • Limited edition 60-page perfect bound book featuring new writing on the film by Simon Abrams, Wickham Clayton, Martyn Conterio and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
  • Fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeffrey Alan Love
  • Six double-sided collector’s postcards

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Lighthouse 3.jpg (84.3 KB, 43 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st March 2023, 05:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

From the newsletter:

SALE NEWS

It’s nearly Easter which can only mean one thing – Easter Carnage, one of our biggest ever sales will begin soon! Keep an eye on your inbox and socials for more information next week.

I'm not holding my breath for any actual bargains
Old 31st March 2023, 06:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
From the newsletter:

SALE NEWS

It’s nearly Easter which can only mean one thing – Easter Carnage, one of our biggest ever sales will begin soon! Keep an eye on your inbox and socials for more information next week.

I'm not holding my breath for any actual bargains
I rarely even look at their sales anymore.

Old 31st March 2023, 06:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I rarely even look at their sales anymore.
Me neither. Not been to their site this year.

I have the titles i want in an Amazon wishlist and price check that every couple of days.
J Harker likes this.
Old 31st March 2023, 06:39 PM
Cult Master

I lost all interest and respect for Arrow when I made this post back in December:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
This is a bit naughty!!

I have just logged into my Arrow account to see what my current points / credits were. From memory, last time I looked I had around £40 which I was going to use to treat myself to the 'Grudge' set for Christmas

However, it now says "Your points - 180". This equates to nothing because it states "£5.00 credit - Requires 500 points - You need 320 more points"

Looking a bit deeper in the FAQ's, I have just seen a note from them stating: "Your points expiry 365 days after being added to your account so please make sure you remember to convert them into credit within that time."

So... if you *think* you have been saving your Arrow Points in order to get something special when it is announced, check your total in case of disappointment!!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st March 2023, 06:52 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Me neither. Not been to their site this year.

I have the titles i want in an Amazon wishlist and price check that every couple of days.
Same here

Like this? Share it using the links below!