Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th September 2013, 02:31 PM
Cult Addict

Yeah while I can see the issues I didn't think Tenebrae was that bad. I think the worse transfer by a mile is City of the Living Dead. I would gladly buy a properly remastered release of that.
Old 27th September 2013, 03:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I'm just glad they've not announced another De Palma film that I couldn't give a rat's arse about. Probably pick up Tenebrae at some point, but BTILC is a no brainer for me, even though I have the US version
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th September 2013, 03:17 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'll be picking up The Long Goodbye, Big Trouble In Little China, and Lust In The Dust. I'll get Tenebrae later......oh, and the rest of Arrow's De Palma discs.
Old 27th September 2013, 04:47 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Yeah while I can see the issues I didn't think Tenebrae was that bad. I think the worse transfer by a mile is City of the Living Dead. I would gladly buy a properly remastered release of that.
The Blue underground disc looks much better.
Old 27th September 2013, 05:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Strangely I find Day to be one of their best discs in terms of a/v quality. I think the picture quality in particular is superb.
Same here.

Quote:
Both releases are far from being perfect, but I've seen worse.*

* Blue Underground's Blu-ray of 'The Stendhal Syndrome' and the Ultimate Hunter release of 'Predator' spring to mind.
Old 27th September 2013, 05:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
To be fair, the Tenebrae disc out at the moment is a pile of steaming dog turd. Looks terrible.
'SNOW' that bad.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th September 2013, 06:02 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
'SNOW' that bad.....
Haha, I don't even have a problem with really heavy "natural" film grain (a few scenes in Point Break have a lot), but I don't know what the hell that is on the Tenebrae disc.
Old 27th September 2013, 06:06 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Same here.

Both releases are far from being perfect, but I've seen worse.*

* Blue Underground's Blu-ray of 'The Stendhal Syndrome' and the Ultimate Hunter release of 'Predator' spring to mind.
I've not seen BU's Stendhal disc but I don't think the Predator Ultimate Hunterbdisc is quite as awful as made out. It's certainly better than Arrows City Of The Living Dead which I consider to be barely watchable.
Old 27th September 2013, 06:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

'Haha, I don't even have a problem with really heavy "natural" film grain (a few scenes in Point Break have a lot), but I don't know what the hell that is on the Tenebrae disc. '

No-it was as if someone was shaking their head full of dandruff in front of the screen.
Dandruff-One of the few areas where technically you know feck all about Stephen!

I'll deffinitely be having this-SUPERB!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1378324_646111702089494_1370534142_n.jpg (61.4 KB, 13 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th September 2013, 08:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Seriously guys, I read what some of you write and I wonder if we're on the same planet.
Now, I admit that I only have a 46 inch LED TV, not some massive projection set up like some of you have, so perhaps I cannot see all these imperfections that you all moan about.
For example, Arrow's CotLD that is "barely watchable"......Really? Well, I've seen it on numerous video and dvd releases over the years and thought it was the best release I had ever seen of it. What makes it barely watchable?
Same with Tenebrae and Day of the Dead which I also thought looked superb! I also have the Blu Starz edition and can see no difference between the two.
A couple of weeks ago someone ranted that the 40th Anniversary Edition of Enter the Dragon was "terrible." Now I watched this in the cinema in the 70's and 80's, owned many copies on video from all around the world, bought at least 3 dvd's of it and finally bought the 40th Blu. Not even in the cinema did this look so good, never -all over the world -has there been a better issue but still someone thinks it was terrible. What on earth could make it better? Bruce Lee rising from the grave and giving you a commentary while you watch?
I think () the problem is some of you missed, or have conveniently forgotten..., the days of video and crt TV's. When I think back to some of the murky pea-soup transfers I used to squint at, I cannot believe people when I hear them moan that "there is a bit of grain!! It's shit!"
C'mon guys, seriously?
Daemonia, Rik, mr 420 and 2 others like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!