Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Boo Radley 28th September 2013 03:38 PM

Black Sunday, I got it all in my head already. Black (Natch!) steelie with just the spiked mask in silver on the front. On the back Babs getting it put in place with that huge hammer.... I want it..:)

Bringer Of Funerals 28th September 2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 368702)
Black Sunday, I got it all in my head already. Black (Natch!) steelie with just the spiked mask in silver on the front. On the back Babs getting it put in place with that huge hammer.... I want it..:)

Any print of COTLD has to be better than the old Vipco edition that was out

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th September 2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 368706)
Any print of COTLD has to be better than the old Vipco edition that was out

I thought the Vipco vhs looked amazing! (Joking of course).

PaulD 28th September 2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 368682)
I prefer watching Tenebrae on YouTube rather than the Arrow Blu-ray, and I'm not even joking. Thankfully we're going to be spoilt for choice soon with the remastered Arrow, and Synapse releases approaching.

Ooooh, Synapse are releasing it too? Interesting

Edgeworth 28th September 2013 09:54 PM

I dunno if it was mentioned but Big Trouble steelie is £13.99 on Arrows site, amary £10.99 and Long Goodbye £10.99
Assume for a limited time.

Vampix 29th September 2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 368682)
I prefer watching Tenebrae on YouTube rather than the Arrow Blu-ray, and I'm not even joking. Thankfully we're going to be spoilt for choice soon with the remastered Arrow, and Synapse releases approaching.

There's going to be a remastered Arrow Tenebrae? I wasn't aware of this, sounds interesting.

sjconstable 29th September 2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 368766)
Ooooh, Synapse are releasing it too? Interesting

Yeah and also Phenomena, both with transfers preserving the grain and proper look of the films. I don't have a problem with Arrow's Blu-ray of Phenomena, but it will be nice to get some grain back. The Synapse release of Phenomena won't be the full Italian cut by the way, it will be the international version (not the butchered Creepers version). This is because the full Italian cut has segments where no English dialogue exists, like Deep Red.

sjconstable 29th September 2013 12:20 PM

What I want to know about the remastered Arrow Blu-ray of Tenebrae is whether it will have new audio or not, because the English track on the current Blu-ray is pretty awful. If they're just using that track again I'll wait for the Synapse release.

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th September 2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 368861)
Yeah and also Phenomena, both with transfers preserving the grain and proper look of the films. I don't have a problem with Arrow's Blu-ray of Phenomena, but it will be nice to get some grain back. The Synapse release of Phenomena won't be the full Italian cut by the way, it will be the international version (not the butchered Creepers version). This is because the full Italian cut has segments where no English dialogue exists, like Deep Red.

Yep, and if the yanks wanted to read, they'd buy a book. Having some parts where they'd have to subtitle it is no excuse for short-changing people.

fuzzymctiger 29th September 2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 368864)
Yep, and if the yanks wanted to read, they'd buy a book. Having some parts where they'd have to subtitle it is no excuse for short-changing people.

Was just about to say something about that.

It's appalling. They should at least offer the full cut via seamless branching