Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2013, 08:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Beyond is also coming out in a steelie, The Beyond - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray | Zavvi.com
Old 1st October 2013, 08:15 AM
Cult Addict

Cats and Dogs living together! Utter chaos!

DVD and BD collection
Old 1st October 2013, 08:49 AM
Cult Addict

Well. After applying for over 500 jobs (I actually did the math) and 200 Job interviews it looks like I finally got something. Will be working for ASDA in the next week or so. Hopefully will be able to start playing catch up. May even start a review thread for some of the random drek they stock on the dvd shelves!
Old 1st October 2013, 09:27 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Thought everyone knew about that? It was announced months ago.
Old 1st October 2013, 12:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Well. After applying for over 500 jobs (I actually did the math) and 200 Job interviews it looks like I finally got something. Will be working for ASDA in the next week or so. Hopefully will be able to start playing catch up. May even start a review thread for some of the random drek they stock on the dvd shelves!
Well done Keirarts.
keirarts likes this.
Old 1st October 2013, 05:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Arrow have just said to me on Facebook they have plans to release Fulci's Perversion Story in the future. Good news as far as Im concerned. As I said earlier I like some of his earlier work like PS and DTAD much better than The Beyond, COTLD, HBTC. Zombie 2 still is my fav though, followed by PS and then Don't Torture A Duckling.
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by Buboven; 1st October 2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 1st October 2013, 06:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Perversion Story would be an interesting choice as it's not widely availiable and it's certainly different to the Fulci gore most people are used to. Personally I'd like to see Seven Notes get a Blu release it's one of Fulci's best, great script, great performances, great score, fantastic cinematography and great direction.
Old 1st October 2013, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Seriously guys, I read what some of you write and I wonder if we're on the same planet.
Now, I admit that I only have a 46 inch LED TV, not some massive projection set up like some of you have, so perhaps I cannot see all these imperfections that you all moan about.
For example, Arrow's CotLD that is "barely watchable"......Really? Well, I've seen it on numerous video and dvd releases over the years and thought it was the best release I had ever seen of it. What makes it barely watchable?
Same with Tenebrae and Day of the Dead which I also thought looked superb! I also have the Blu Starz edition and can see no difference between the two.
A couple of weeks ago someone ranted that the 40th Anniversary Edition of Enter the Dragon was "terrible." Now I watched this in the cinema in the 70's and 80's, owned many copies on video from all around the world, bought at least 3 dvd's of it and finally bought the 40th Blu. Not even in the cinema did this look so good, never -all over the world -has there been a better issue but still someone thinks it was terrible. What on earth could make it better? Bruce Lee rising from the grave and giving you a commentary while you watch?
I think () the problem is some of you missed, or have conveniently forgotten..., the days of video and crt TV's. When I think back to some of the murky pea-soup transfers I used to squint at, I cannot believe people when I hear them moan that "there is a bit of grain!! It's shit!"
C'mon guys, seriously?
Bollocks!
I'm not a fussy ****er and defended most Arrow transfers when everyone else wanted blood...but Tenebrae?
All that frigging snow made it unbearable....none of the DVD versions had that shit on it.
And I own five versions.....
Most of Arrow's other transfers have been superb!
Net curtain blowing?

Superb description!
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Last edited by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs; 1st October 2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 2nd October 2013, 05:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyway,back to good transfers.....

When is White of the Eye due?
Next year?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd October 2013, 05:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Anyway,back to good transfers.....

When is White of the Eye due?
Next year?
I believe so. And this will be an original James White transfer - i.e. with him supervising the entire scanning and restoration process from original film materials to 2K master.

For the record, the other Arrow titles that have had that treatment are Zombie Flesh Eaters, Time Bandits and The Fury.
keirarts, trebor8273 and tele1962 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!