Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Refused 6th January 2014 07:34 PM

I went for Frogtown - because Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th January 2014 09:59 PM

I've had Hell Comes to Frogtown pre-ordered for quite a while now, so I'm guaranteed one of the 'limited edition' copies. (I'm not really sure whether it will sell out or not – it's an interesting move by Arrow – but at least I have a guaranteed copy.)

keirarts 6th January 2014 11:03 PM

Lets be honest here, their not Twiglight Time so if the titles do sell out i'm betting a slightly different reprint will eventually appear.

Hawkmonger 6th January 2014 11:05 PM

What are peoples hopes now Arrow are working with MGM?ma region B bd of The Howling would be appreciated.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th January 2014 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 386127)
Lets be honest here, their not Twiglight Time so if the titles do sell out i'm betting a slightly different reprint will eventually appear.

They may just be gauging interest; after all, it is a pretty niche title. If they sell out they'll probably repress more as long as they still own the rights.

Or if it sells poorly they might just re-release it as a DVD only ArrowDrome title.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th January 2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 386128)
What are peoples hopes now Arrow are working with MGM?ma region B bd of The Howling would be appreciated.

Lair of the White Worm and more Corman/Poe titles would be fantastic. Also Planet of the Vampires.

Daemonia 7th January 2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 386128)

As far as I know, StudioCanal own European rights (including UK). So hopefully they'll eventually get round to releasing it on BD.

Susan Foreman 7th January 2014 10:26 AM

Hellgate final specs:
  • Limited edition Blu-ray [1000 Copies]
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the main feature
  • Road to Perdition, B-Movie Style: An extensive interview with Hellgate director William A. Levey
  • Alien Invasion, Blaxploitation and Ghost-Busting Mayhem: Scholar, Filmmaker and fan Howard S. Berger reflects on the intriguing film career of William A. Levey
  • Video Nasty: Kenneth Hall, writer of the Puppet Master series, speaks about the direct-to-video horror boom that allowed Hellgate to become a classic of the cassette rental era
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
  • Collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by Lee Gambin, illustrated with original artwork and stills

Hellgate [Limited Edition] | Arrow Films

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th January 2014 11:29 AM

Well it's not often I say this, but I was right!

Call me cynical, but I wonder how many people who'd previously dismissed the idea of buying Hellgate will now be buying it...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th January 2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 386183)
Well it's not often I say this, but I was right!

Call me cynical, but I wonder how many people who'd previously dismissed the idea of buying Hellgate will now be buying it...

Well, I'm glad I ordered it at the same time as Hell Comes to Frogtown! I haven't seen Hellgate, but I'll watch it without any preconceptions and make my own mind up as to whether it's any good and whether I like it or not.