Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th March 2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 227510)
I've been quietly excited today and couldn't remember why until I saw this thread and of course it's the last Friday of the month so we should be getting some advanced previews :D *fingers crossed* for Castle Freak on Bu-ray :tongue1:

:lol: You won't be getting Castle Freak.

antmumford 30th March 2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 227511)
:lol: You won't be getting Castle Freak.

:lol: I know, I can dream though! I'd love to see a Dentist 1 and 2 boxset too. :pray:

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th March 2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 227514)
:lol: I know, I can dream though! I'd love to see a Dentist 1 and 2 boxset too. :pray:

You'll just have to make do with the Castle Freak dvd out soon. :)

antmumford 30th March 2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 227515)
You'll just have to make do with the Castle Freak dvd out soon. :)

Yeah I guess so, it was great to preorder it at a good price too. Looking forward to that landing on the doormat

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th March 2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 227518)
Yeah I guess so, it was great to preorder it at a good price too. Looking forward to that landing on the doormat

Yeah, me too. A suggested ages ago that Arrow should release all the Full Moon movies. Would've been awesome.

Rik 30th March 2012 11:53 AM

The announcement is normally around 1ish but there hasn't been any pre-announcement so I doubt there's going to be one.

BAKA 30th March 2012 12:28 PM

Perhaps they're concentrating on getting 'Unlimited' versions of existing titles out.

Sarah@Cult Labs 2nd April 2012 09:26 AM

Sorry about the delay, folks! Things are super busy at Arrow so they had to put back the new announcements a little. Should hopefully have some info later in the week!

:)

Hawkmonger 2nd April 2012 09:48 AM

Hopefully a few nice Arrowdrome titles?
This little range is really growing on me!

fuzzymctiger 2nd April 2012 09:50 AM

ZOMBIESH EATERS ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd April 2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 228083)
ZOMBIESH EATERS ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE

Hahaha, that would've been a great announcement for yesterday.

fuzzymctiger 2nd April 2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 228084)
Hahaha, that would've been a great announcement for yesterday.

Why make it April Fools when it could be REAL! :high5:

Rik 6th April 2012 12:25 PM

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed with today's announcements, I was hoping for some new titles to be announced, not just rereleases/repackaging of existing ones. Other than the Demons films and HBTC, I can't remember the last time Arrow announced a title I'm interested in.

Hawkmonger 6th April 2012 01:21 PM

Hopefully Arrow are building up to something big.
I'm still getting the X-Rentals pack. Pure 90's right there!
Thats my child hood ladys and gents, keep your slasher nasties box set!:pound:

Tombsy666 6th April 2012 04:15 PM

mmm i hope there are some big things lined up, because apart from the DEMONS & HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY blu's the only titles i've picked up recently have been DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE & THE DEADLY SPAWN, both great releases but there seems to be a lot of re-packaging/releases of titles already out & stuff i'm not bothered about, so cmon Arrow lets see some surprises for us.... :pop2:

floyd75dylan 8th April 2012 05:47 AM

I think a total overhall release of Suspiria should be on the cards, with correct colour timing, and sound, as the Nouveaux Pictures transfer was awful.

Also a whole host of extras etc, and a better tagline on the front cover, instead of insulting "Taking trash seriously" Nouveaux used.

That would be for me, a first day buy release, as I've been waiting years for a definitive release.

Rhodes 8th April 2012 07:42 AM

wow..does it really say 'taking trash seriously'? that's about the stupidest thing you could ever put on the cover of suspiria.

Prince_Vajda 8th April 2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floyd75dylan (Post 229732)
I think a total overhall release of Suspiria should be on the cards, with correct colour timing, and sound, as the Nouveaux Pictures transfer was awful.

Also a whole host of extras etc, and a better tagline on the front cover, instead of insulting "Taking trash seriously" Nouveaux used.

That would be for me, a first day buy release, as I've been waiting years for a definitive release.

:doh: :crazy: :nono:

The colour timing of Nouveaux Pictures' Suspiria Blu-ray is alright. Only few people (namely those who compare it to older DVD releases and those who think they remember how it looked in cinemas back in the day) think this new colour timing is "odd" or "incorrect". It's a film with an excessive use of colour - and that's exactly what the Blu-ray delivers. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the sound either.

As for the 'tagline': what you're referring to is NOT a tagline. It's the slogan of Cine-Excess' and Nouveaux Pictures' label.

I don't think this should be released by Arrow Video. Of course, I'd love to see Suspiria in a white box (with four panels, poster, and a booklet). However, the current UK Blu-ray is excellent, and there are quite a few other films that Arrow should tackle - definitive Blu-ray editions of Zombie Flesh Eaters, Opera, and The Lair of the White Worm should be among them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes (Post 229738)
wow..does it really say 'taking trash seriously'? that's about the stupidest thing you could ever put on the cover of suspiria.

See above.

En passant, I would agree with the 'trash' tag for Suspiria - at least for its story. However, Suspiria is so much more than just the story - its stunning visuals and its energetic soundtrack make it one of the finest movies ever. :nod: :love:

Greetings!

fuzzymctiger 8th April 2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 229743)

The colour timing of Nouveaux Pictures' Suspiria Blu-ray is alright. Only few people (namely those who compare it to older DVD releases and those who think they remember how it looked in cinemas back in the day) think this new colour timing is "odd" or "incorrect". It's a film with an excessive use of colour - and that's exactly what the Blu-ray delivers. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the sound either.

As for the 'tagline': what you're referring to is NOT a tagline. It's the slogan of Cine-Excess' and Nouveaux Pictures' label.

I don't think this should be released by Arrow Video. Of course, I'd love to see Suspiria in a white box (with four panels, poster, and a booklet). However, the current UK Blu-ray is excellent, and there are quite a few other films that Arrow should tackle - definitive Blu-ray editions of Zombie Flesh Eaters, Opera, and The Lair of the White Worm should be among them.

See above.

En passant, I would agree with the 'trash' tag for Suspiria - at least for its story. However, Suspiria is so much more than just the story - its stunning visuals and its energetic soundtrack make it one of the finest movies ever. :nod: :love:

Greetings!

That right there is a flame war prevented in a single post! Thank you my good sir! :clap:

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th April 2012 08:32 AM

But the altered colours do ruin it (for some people) ;)

Rhodes 8th April 2012 08:47 AM

suspiria..trash..no matter how i try i cant make the two words fit. suspiria..MASTERPIECE! now that fits.

BAKA 8th April 2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floyd75dylan (Post 229732)

Completely agree. The film was done a disservice with the remastering, and it makes me sorry for the medium that so many 'fans' are so accepting of it. People can suggest that people are recollecting it wrong all they like, it really doesn't change the facts. There isn't a single print prior to the remastering that shows the same colour scheme, hell, Suspiria still crops up at festival circuits in it's original form, so that whole people remembering it wrong argument doesn't wash at all. Apparently a couple of DI-sourced Blu-ray remasterings have suffered a similar colour problem, which the people in the know point towards a 4:4:4 colour space being downconverted to 4:2:0. But whether that's true or not far beyond my understanding.

There is so much fuss all over the net about it, particularly on Italian forums that I'm certain there will be a new remastering of it, if anything just to milk more from the film.

Back on topic though, I echo Rik and Tombsy666's sentiments. I hope the move to Dual Formats does free up more cash for licensing stuff, because a lot of what Arrow are putting out just isn't for me, where once I used to buy the vast majority of what they put out. Hopefully we'll find out the answers to that picture teaser Arrow teased us with a while ago, as there looked to potentially be a few things that interested me.

floyd75dylan 9th April 2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 229743)

The tagline is still referring to the film as trash, which is totally wrong, as it is a horror classic.

You are one of a few who are happy, compared to quite a lot reviewers on other websites, magazines, who have said that the colours bleed in to one another on quite a few occassion.

Oh and according to Melon Farmers, IMDB, and dvdcompare.
"It's missing a few seconds from the opening murder (mostly from the slow pan over the dead girl's body hanging from the ceiling; there's a noticeable jump cut in the music score when this happens."

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th April 2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floyd75dylan (Post 230156)
Oh and according to Melon Farmers, IMDB, and dvdcompare.
"It's missing a few seconds from the opening murder (mostly from the slow pan over the dead girl's body hanging from the ceiling; there's a noticeable jump cut in the music score when this happens."

I've watched the disc at least twice and didn't notice any cut. I'll have to give it another look – not that it's any hardship!

Prince_Vajda 9th April 2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 230175)
I've watched the disc at least twice and didn't notice any cut. I'll have to give it another look – not that it's any hardship!

One part of the soundtrack stops and, without any pause or interruption, another part begins - but it really doesn't look like a cut to me.

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th April 2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 230192)
One part of the soundtrack stops and, without any pause or interruption, another part begins - but it really doesn't look like a cut to me.

I'll have a look later tonight or tomorrow and see what I think.

fuzzymctiger 22nd April 2012 09:14 AM

When are new announcements made again? Totally forgot :rolleyes:

TJ Doc 22nd April 2012 05:55 PM

Should be next Friday.

Criterion7 23rd April 2012 03:45 AM

Any speculation on what will be announced?

fuzzymctiger 23rd April 2012 05:04 AM

ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS
THE BURNING
HALLOWEEN 3
ALL ON BLU

OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES

Plus some Peter Jackson would be nice

BAKA 23rd April 2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

New announcements this Friday, we'll be announcing our titles for July, August and September!
O_O *dies*.

Sarah@Cult Labs 25th April 2012 11:04 AM

Yeah, it's a big bumper package of announcements come Friday! :)

JAMIOUSE 25th April 2012 06:03 PM

Oooh! Any clues Sarah?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th April 2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 235664)
Oooh! Any clues Sarah?

I don't know if Sarah will give any clues, but I can say you won't be disappointed as there's some quality releases and excellent artwork to be unveiled.

Hawkmonger 25th April 2012 07:17 PM

I predict a Zombie 2-t-fr-t! Lalala! :dance:

BAKA 26th April 2012 10:19 AM

I have a feeling we could see Terror Train. If they have Halloween III I doubt they'd release it outside of October.

fuzzymctiger 26th April 2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 235688)
I don't know if Sarah will give any clues, but I can say you won't be disappointed as there's some quality releases and excellent artwork to be unveiled.

Artwork clues?
Also, around what time are they going to be announced? Need to see how long I'm going to stay up down here in Aus :pop2:

fuzzymctiger 26th April 2012 10:56 AM

Also how many titles are we to expect?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th April 2012 11:50 AM

Not long to go now; and as Nos says, there's some great (and possibly surprising!) titles to be unveiled. ;)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 26th April 2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 235800)
Also how many titles are we to expect?

There's 6 titles Fuzzy and they'll be announced on here at 1ish on Friday. Prepare to be impressed with some VERY cool films...and a certain steelbook ;)