Old 27th April 2012, 07:41 PM
Cult Addict

Ah, we love ya Pete! XD
Pete and Prince_Vajda like this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 27th April 2012, 07:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Loving the Gravestone.

As much as the new releases don't appeal to me, I've found myself feeling sorry for Arrow. I've seen so many Americans on various HD forums (I'm not talking about Cult Labs here, before anyone takes offence) completely missing the point, or acting hugely entitled as if they were the only market in the world. To see them moaning about Troma licenses, because they already own them, or because they're readily available in the US is bewildering. I even saw someone claim that Demons is a useless release now that it's region locked. I genuinely have no clue if it's all one massive big wind up and someone has hidden a camera and is filming my expressions reading such nonsense.

I understand the boundaries between markets aren't what they were, and the market is very much global now, but is it so hard to think something might not quite be for you? Just because Demons is region locked means they should just not bother now eh? Screw everyone able to play Region B content. Is it really so irksome that a UK company decide to release something primarily aimed at the UK market, where Troma haven't had so much presence?

Granted, I wish they were better Troma titles, but still.

They're clearly saving Halloween III for October right? October, November and December New Announcements hype train starts here
Old 27th April 2012, 07:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Totally agree! Slightly baffled by the negative reaction off those who don't like Troma. Ah well, each to their own etc
I suppose its because as collectors we all appreciate the time and effort that goes into the Arrow releases, but its still far more exciting to get films which don't already have a decent release elsewhere.

When you think of the hundreds of titles out there which are not available in decent versions anywhere but keep getting overlooked as studios see "double dipping" as a better chance of providing a return.

With Troma films you either like em or you don't, but either way as others have said they are already available through decent US releases if you want them.

Collectors dream of having those obscure unreleased titles, look how many posts there are with requests for stuff like Atlantis Interceptors, Halloween 3, Video Dead etc.. sure some of these may cost a bit more to licence but surely there would be more buyers for these unique titles rather than a second or third time release of the same old film.

Of course you will always have the loyal fan base who will just buy every release no matter what, but times are hard now and sometimes it has to be a choice between a double or triple dip title or something unique like BU Zombi blu ray.
Old 27th April 2012, 07:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I'll definitely get Lady Snowblood and possibly Combat Shock. I'm not sure about the other two Troma titles.

But I now have serious reason to get Who dares wins, with the Commander; that tips it over into the buy camp.

Troma - next thing you know, we'll be getting Timmy Lea and his adventures!
Old 27th April 2012, 07:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Loving the Gravestone.

As much as the new releases don't appeal to me, I've found myself feeling sorry for Arrow. I've seen so many Americans on various HD forums (I'm not talking about Cult Labs here, before anyone takes offence) completely missing the point, or acting hugely entitled as if they were the only market in the world. To see them moaning about Troma licenses, because they already own them, or because they're readily available in the US is bewildering. I even saw someone claim that Demons is a useless release now that it's region locked. I genuinely have no clue if it's all one massive big wind up and someone has hidden a camera and is filming my expressions reading such nonsense.

I understand the boundaries between markets aren't what they were, and the market is very much global now, but is it so hard to think something might not quite be for you? Just because Demons is region locked means they should just not bother now eh? Screw everyone able to play Region B content. Is it really so irksome that a UK company decide to release something primarily aimed at the UK market, where Troma haven't had so much presence?

Granted, I wish they were better Troma titles, but still.

They're clearly saving Halloween III for October right? October, November and December New Announcements hype train starts here
I had your back in the Eureka discussion, but they're just unreasonable people over in that corner of the internet. It's a ridiculous little place really.
BAKA likes this.
Old 27th April 2012, 08:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I have to admit that I was a little stunned by the relentless negativity on there.
And I thought their reaction to new Criterions was a little OTT. Lord knows how they'll be if MoC/Eureka does not deliver.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 27th April 2012, 08:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I can only assume that if you live in the States, each Criterion comes with a blowjob that gets removed by customs for us "secondary marketers".
Old 27th April 2012, 08:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's always been the same - If it's not a US release then it doesn't exist.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 27th April 2012, 08:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

No, I meant that they're even beginning to moan about Criterion - I don't think any label is safe now. And the worst part is that we've been spoilt for choice for some time and we didn't even know it.

I think that is what's being lost in all this - the labels have to be ultra careful now when it comes to putting new things out and you can see it in their decisions. Take BU - they've not put out a new title since the Nesting last year, and for the rest of the year they're repackaging and re-releasing old catalogue titles in single discers and boxsets, as is Shameless.

I hope not, but I think we've had the best of times.
Old 27th April 2012, 08:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Whats Zombe Flesh Eaters by the way?
It's the French title.

Like this? Share it using the links below!