Old 27th April 2012, 09:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post

That sums the situation up beautifully.

I may be wrong, but I think part of the disappointment comes from the hype and demand for Arrow to release Zombie Flesh Eaters and Halloween III so, when they don't announce an upcoming release, people are disappointed.

I always approach each announcement with an open mind, not expecting anything 'special' so can make a decision based on what IS there rather than what isn't.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default releases

i for one am chuffed at todays announcements, how cool does troma artwork look
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
i for one am chuffed at todays announcements, how cool does troma artwork look
When it comes to horror artwork, Graham Humphrys isn't considered a legend for nothing – those paintings are superb.
plasterface likes this.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post

That is seriously brilliant, Pete
Old 27th April 2012, 09:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Personally, I really don't care either way, hopefully not sounding too flippant. There's plenty coming out this year from all manner of labels/studios. I'll be having Lady Snowblood but in Sept I'll also be getting Jaws and Terminator and I'm sure something else will pop up before then.

Some people will lap these up I'm sure. Too much 'I want it all now' mentality for my liking these days anyway. It won't stop me buying the next Arrow release I want.

Right now people are moaning about everything, whether it's no new titles from BU, Synapse taking longer with their Hammers, Criterion, Severin's House That Dripped Blood. But then it's only the few hundred scattered around the world on Internet forums that are making their voices heard so it's just not that big of a deal really.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
No, I meant that they're even beginning to moan about Criterion - I don't think any label is safe now. And the worst part is that we've been spoilt for choice for some time and we didn't even know it.

I think that is what's being lost in all this - the labels have to be ultra careful now when it comes to putting new things out and you can see it in their decisions. Take BU - they've not put out a new title since the Nesting last year, and for the rest of the year they're repackaging and re-releasing old catalogue titles in single discers and boxsets, as is Shameless.

I hope not, but I think we've had the best of times.
It's pretty crazy isn't it? I think we're so beyond lucky. There are titles I've been dying for even a half decent DVD release, getting a Blu-ray release with all the bells and whistles of a big budget feature. The likes of Eureka's Imamura releases, Dark Night Of The Scarecrow, etc. If someone had told me A Bay Of Blood would be getting such an extras laden release in HD, very early in the formats lifecycle, I'd have had them committed. It's such a great time, and companies are taking risks with a lot of titles and I hugely appreciate it, personally.
PaulD likes this.
Old 27th April 2012, 10:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
What????? Someone actually happy about the announced titles?
I was a bit shocked at first, but I'm actually really looking forward to these now!!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 27th April 2012, 10:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Loving the Gravestone.

As much as the new releases don't appeal to me, I've found myself feeling sorry for Arrow. I've seen so many Americans on various HD forums (I'm not talking about Cult Labs here, before anyone takes offence) completely missing the point, or acting hugely entitled as if they were the only market in the world. To see them moaning about Troma licenses, because they already own them, or because they're readily available in the US is bewildering. I even saw someone claim that Demons is a useless release now that it's region locked. I genuinely have no clue if it's all one massive big wind up and someone has hidden a camera and is filming my expressions reading such nonsense.

I understand the boundaries between markets aren't what they were, and the market is very much global now, but is it so hard to think something might not quite be for you? Just because Demons is region locked means they should just not bother now eh? Screw everyone able to play Region B content. Is it really so irksome that a UK company decide to release something primarily aimed at the UK market, where Troma haven't had so much presence?

Granted, I wish they were better Troma titles, but still.

They're clearly saving Halloween III for October right? October, November and December New Announcements hype train starts here
I was actually just about to say, IF we ever do Halloween 3 (which in my opinion won't happen, due to being the middle of a major franchise) it would surely be an October release. And if Arrow do release Halloween 3, Halloween 2 as a bonus movie wouldn't be too bad

Old 28th April 2012, 07:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I was actually just about to say, IF we ever do Halloween 3 (which in my opinion won't happen, due to being the middle of a major franchise) it would surely be an October release. And if Arrow do release Halloween 3, Halloween 2 as a bonus movie wouldn't be too bad
Actually Halloween 2 has a great release now on blu comes with Terror in the Aisles.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 28th April 2012, 07:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Actually Halloween 2 has a great release now on blu comes with Terror in the Aisles.
I actually have that release ordered, and in the mail set for early June. I just put out an idea seeing as the 2 go together rather well imo

Like this? Share it using the links below!