Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26041Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st August 2014, 05:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
My thoughts exactly. Here's hoping for Kill Baby Kill and Planet of the Vampires...
+1 - I've also got a soft spot for Knives of the Avenger.
Old 21st August 2014, 08:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yay finally Q4 titles, hopefully! THey could be announcing something else. We know Melting Man, The Visitor, Nekromantic and Nightmare City are coming soon, maybe there going to surprise us with Hell of the Living Dead or something.

So Tim Lucas is to record two new commentaries for Arrow, could be for titles that haven't had a Lucas track before because surely Arrow could license the Anchor Bay ones?
Old 22nd August 2014, 07:50 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Yay finally Q4 titles, hopefully! THey could be announcing something else. We know Melting Man, The Visitor, Nekromantic and Nightmare City are coming soon, maybe there going to surprise us with Hell of the Living Dead or something.
There are also the unreleased postcard titles (Comedy of Terrors, Day of Anger, The Honeymoon Killers, The Long Good Friday, Rabid, Thief) and a couple of other titles that have been hinted at including 5 Dolls for an August Moon and a re-release of Withnail and I. There may be more, but that is all I can recall being mentioned at the moment.
Nemesis and keirarts like this.
Old 22nd August 2014, 09:50 AM
Cult Master

L'assassino | Blu-Ray Review | Film @ The Digital Fix

Blu-Ray Review: Arrow Video bring this little-seen gem to UK homes for the first time......

Film 8
Video 8
Audio 8
Extras 6

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd August 2014, 11:50 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I wonder if Arrow or anyone for that matter has the rights to Twice Told Tales?

It's not a Corman production but often gets lumped in with them due to it starring Vincent Price. I'm pretty sure MGM released it way back in the States.
Gold6082 likes this.
Old 22nd August 2014, 04:57 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I wonder if Arrow or anyone for that matter has the rights to Twice Told Tales?

It's not a Corman production but often gets lumped in with them due to it starring Vincent Price. I'm pretty sure MGM released it way back in the States.
I'd like to see a decent release of Twice-Told Tales too. With it being MGM, I guess there is a strong chance that Arrow may be able to get hold of it and give it a decent release over here.
Gold6082 and keirarts like this.
Old 22nd August 2014, 05:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

According to Arrow's Facebook page, Brute Force is in stock and shipping a month early.
Old 22nd August 2014, 06:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Loving the newly commissioned artwork for Shivers. I'm guessing it's Nathanael Marsh. I have the Steelbook ordered for just over £17 though. Tempted to double dip, but for £14... I swear it was just £12ish the other day. I hope he's doing the artwork for Rabid too.
Old 23rd August 2014, 07:25 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Loving the newly commissioned artwork for Shivers. I'm guessing it's Nathanael Marsh. I have the Steelbook ordered for just over £17 though. Tempted to double dip, but for £14... I swear it was just £12ish the other day. I hope he's doing the artwork for Rabid too.
Full specs for 'Shivers':

"Release Date: 29 September 2014
Format: Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
Starring: Paul Hampton, Joe Silver, Lynn Lowry
Directed by: David Cronenberg

Synopsis: BEING TERRIFIED IS JUST THE BEGINNING…

Initially reviled in its native land (some critics took exception to the fact the film was largely funded by the Canadian taxpayer), Shivers is an intensely claustrophobic, subversive masterpiece and an essential entry in the oeuvre of one of the horror genre’s most gifted auteurs. Some 40 years after its release, it still retains its power to shock.

Starliner Island is an idyllic community. Cut off from the rest of the world, the luxury apartment block affords its occupants the chance to escape from the hustle and bustle of the big city. But this isolation is to prove fatal when a new breed of parasite – a combination of aphrodisiac and venereal disease which arouses sexual aggression in its hosts – is let loose in the building, resulting in an orgy terror and mayhem.

Known under a host of alternate titles such as The Parasite Murdersand They Came From Within!, Shivers is the startling debut full-length feature from director David Cronenberg which anticipates the body-horror concerns of his later films such as The Fly and Videodrome.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
  • New High Definition Digital Transfer supervised and approved by writer-director David Cronenberg
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
  • Original mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Parasite Memories: The Making of Shivers – A brand new documentary featuring interviews with stars Barbara Steele, Allan Kolman and Lynn Lowry, special effects genius Joe Blasco and film critic Kier-La Janisse
  • On Screen! – An episode of the Canadian television programme which documents the release history of Shivers, featuring interviews with Cronenberg, co-producer Don Carmody, as well as other cast and crew
  • From Stereo to Video – A specially-commissioned video essay by Caelum Vatnsdal, author of They Came from Within: A History of Canadian Horror Cinema, charting Cronenberg’s career from his experimental beginnings through to Videodrome, his first major studio picture
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nat Marsh
  • Collector’s Booklet featuring new writing on the film by Paul Corupe, creator of the Canuxploitation website, reprinted excerpts of Cronenberg on Cronenberg and more, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Region: B/2
Rating: TBC
Cat No: FCD972
Duration:TBC
Language: TBC
Subtitles: English
Aspect Ratio: TBC
Audio: TBC
Colour: Colour"
Dave Boy likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th August 2014, 08:17 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to ledzepfan24
Default Carrie???

Will arrow release brian de palma's carrie since his other 70's films have been released? Really want this on blu ray with new special features as it's my favourite horror film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!