Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Dave Boy 4th October 2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 636765)
TYBURN BOXSET

Why Kevin Francis is withholding The Ghoul and The Legend Of The Werewolf is a mystery.

Trashforcash 5th October 2020 04:52 PM

I'm always drawn to Satan's Blade in the "so bad its good" department. Is it just me? I think I need help.

Must be the Hysteria continues commentary. They're fantastic. Anyone listen to their podcast?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th October 2020 06:56 PM

Anyone know if the HG Lewis and Buttergeit sets are going ahead tomorrow?

Only Amazon seem to have it for order,no Zavvi,no Hmv,not even Arrow....:confused:

Susan Foreman 12th October 2020 12:52 PM

Shocktober sale

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 637550)

Just ordered The Zero Boys.

It's not a film i was really aware of but i've enjoyed all the Nico Mastorakis films i've seen previously and it seems like it plays around in action, survival, slasher territory so that made it appeal.

trebor8273 12th October 2020 05:40 PM

Think might order the Lewis set seems good value for £30 does it'd have all the extras the first release had?

Susan Foreman 12th October 2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 637571)
Think might order the Lewis set seems good value for £30 does it'd have all the extras the first release had?

Seems so:

"SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

Fourteen of the Godfather of Gore’s finest attractions, restored from original and best surviving vault materials
High Definition Blu-rayTM (1080p) presentation of the features and extras on 7 Blu-ray discs

DISC ONE: BLOOD FEAST (1963) & SCUM OF THE EARTH (1963)

Introduction to the films by director Herschell Gordon Lewis
Audio Commentary on Blood Feast with Lewis and producer David F. Friedman
Blood Perceptions – filmmakers Nicholas McCarthy (The Pact) and Rodney Ascher (Room 237) offer their insight on Blood Feast and the importance of Herschell Gordon Lewis
Blood Feast Outtakes
Herschell’s History – archival interview in which Lewis discusses his entry into the film industry including Scum of the Earth
How Herschell Found His Niche – Lewis discusses more of his early work in nudie cuties and the making of The Adventures of Lucky Pierre
Archival interview with Herschell Gordon Lewis and David F. Friedman from 1987
Carving Magic (1959) – vintage short featuring Blood Feast’s Bill Kerwin
Blood Feast Radio Spot and Trailer

DISC TWO: TWO THOUSAND MANIACS! (1964) & MOONSHINE MOUNTAIN (1964)

Audio Commentary on Two Thousand Maniacs! with Lewis and producer David F. Friedman
Two Thousand Maniacs! Outtakes
Two Thousand Maniacs Can’t Be Wrong – Tim Sullivan (director, 2001 Maniacs) on Two Thousand Maniacs!
Hicksploitation: Confidential – visual essay on the history of the American South’s representation in cinema
David Friedman: The Gentlemen’s Smut Peddler – a tribute to the legendary producer featuring Herschell Gordon Lewis, filmmakers Fred Olen Ray, Tim Sullivan and Bob Murawski
Herschell’s Art of Advertising – Lewis shares his expert opinion on the art of selling movies and how to hook an audience.
Trailers for Two Thousands Maniacs! and Moonshine Mountain

DISC THREE: COLOR ME BLOOD RED (1965) & SOMETHING WEIRD (1967)

Audio Commentary on Color Me Blood Red with Lewis and producer David F. Friedman
Audio Commentary on Something Weird with Lewis and Friedman
Color Me Blood Red Outtakes
The Art of Madness – visual essay on the recurring motif of mad artists as killers in horror cinema
Weirdsville – film Scholar Jeffrey Sconce on Something Weird
Lewis on Jimmy, the Boy Wonder, his 1966 children’s musical
A Hot Night at the Go Go Lounge! – Lewis’ 1966 dance short
Trailers for Color Me Blood Red and Something Weird

DISC FOUR: THE GRUESOME TWOSOME (1967) & A TASTE OF BLOOD (1967)

Audio Commentary on The Gruesome Twosome with Lewis
Audio Commentary on A Taste of Blood with Lewis
Peaches Christ Flips her Wig! – the San Francisco performer on The Gruesome Twosome
It Came From Florida – filmmaker Fred Olen Ray (Scalps) on Florida Filmmaking
Herschell vs The Censors – Lewis discusses some of the pitfalls involving local censorship and the lengths to which angry moviegoers tried to stop him
Trailers for The Gruesome Twosome and A Taste of Blood

DISC FIVE: SHE-DEVILS ON WHEELS (1968) & JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT (1968)

Audio Commentary on She-Devils on Wheels with Lewis
Garage Punk Gore – filmmaker and musician Chris Alexander discusses the films and music of Herschell Gordon Lewis
The Shocking Truth! – Bob Murawski on his lifelong love for Herschell Gordon Lewis and what he has learned from Lewis’ films
Lewis on his 1968 film The Alley Tramp
She-Devils on Wheels Radio Spot
Trailers for She-Devils on Wheels and Just for the Hell of It

DISC SIX: HOW TO MAKE A DOLL (1968) & THE WIZARD OF GORE (1970)

Audio Commentary on The Wizard of Gore with Lewis
Montag Speaks – an interview with Wizard of Gore actor Ray Sager
The Gore The Merrier – an interview with Jeremy Kasten, director of the 2007 Wizard of Gore remake
The Incredibly Strange Film Show: Herschell Gordon Lewis “The Godfather of Gore” – episode of the Jonathan Ross-hosted documentary series focusing on Lewis’ films, featuring interviews with Lewis, producer David F. Friedman, actor Bill Kerwin, John Waters and more
The Wizard of Gore Trailer

DISC SEVEN: THIS STUFF’LL KILL YA! (1971) & THE GORE GORE GIRLS (1972)

Audio Commentary on The Gore Gore Girls with Herschell Gordon Lewis
Audio Commentary on This Stuff’ll Kill Ya! by camera operator and Lewis biographer Daniel Krogh
Regional Bloodshed – filmmakers Joe Swanberg and Spencer Parsons discuss the Midwestern roots and work ethic of Lewis’ output and how The Gore Gore Girls represents the shift into transgressive ’70s cinema that would dominate the American horror landscape
Herschell Spills His Guts – Lewis discusses his career post-The Gore Gore Girls, why he left the film industry and his role as a leading figure in the copywriting industry
The Gore Gore Girls Radio Spot
This Stuff’ll Kill Ya! Trailer"

However, they are just Blu-Ray versions, without the DVDs that came in the big boxed release

Rob4 12th October 2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Don't think it has the 1.33 presentations

Rob4 12th October 2020 07:33 PM

Shocktober haul

LOVE & DEATH: THE FILMS OF JÖRG BUTTGEREIT
The Chill Factor
The Prey
Cruising
The Hills Have Eyes Part 2

:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th October 2020 07:55 PM

Bought the HG Lewis set and Sartana.:nod:

J Harker 12th October 2020 10:14 PM

I've put a few bits in my basket then taken them back out again. I know its petty but when the delivery charge gets added it just doesn't feel worth it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

g053584398 12th October 2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 637609)
I've put a few bits in my basket then taken them back out again. I know its petty but when the delivery charge gets added it just doesn't feel worth it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you mean.

Justin101 13th October 2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

It excludes the documentary 'The Godfather of Gore' which has it's own disc, and the exclusive 1.33:1 versions of 5 films. It's definitely fantastic value at £30.00

Dave 13th October 2020 04:15 PM

I was debating picking up the Buttgereit set but in the end I decided against it. Probably snag it for £25 sometime down the line. Ended up with HG Lewis Feast / Dekalog / Climax / The Andromeda Strain.

J Harker 13th October 2020 04:37 PM

HMV have the 2 for £15 promotion running on Arrow. Picked up Nightbreed and Friedkins To Live and Die in LA.

Susan Foreman 21st October 2020 12:06 PM

"We'd like to thank you all so much for your response to our #Shocktober Sale so far at www.arrowfilms.com. We’ve had a record amount of orders and as a result it is taking our distribution centre a little longer than anticipated to process everything. We are working hard to get this resolved and hope to have all orders out as soon as possible!

If you do have any questions or queries about your order, please reach out to us direct at support@arrowfilms.co.uk. Thank you once again for your patience and continued support and we hope to have your discs with you soon!"

MuckyFunster 21st October 2020 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I see Arrow have ‘Videoman’ streaming on their VOD service. I don’t have access to it, but it a great movie. I’d recommend it [emoji106] [emoji106]

Attachment 228769

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rik 21st October 2020 02:13 PM

New announcements announcement is a photo of a rock, I swear to god if they release anything by that talentless wrestler, I’m having an Arrow Video bbq this weekend :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st October 2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 638348)
New announcements announcement is a photo of a rock, I swear to god if they release anything by that talentless wrestler, I’m having an Arrow Video bbq this weekend :lol:

After Vin Diesel it wouldn't surprise me. They'll be releasing Marvel stuff next.

Maybe it's the actual movie The Rock???

Rik 21st October 2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 638349)
Maybe it's the actual movie The Rock???

I’d actually buy that because I’ve never upgraded my DVD.

Michael Bay haters will have a full on blu rage meltdown if it is :lol:

nicholasrope 21st October 2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 638348)

Some people think it's Southland Tales.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st October 2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 638350)
I’d actually buy that because I’ve never upgraded my DVD.

Michael Bay haters will have a full on blu rage meltdown if it is :lol:

I might be wrong but was The Rock Criterion?

Rik 21st October 2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 638352)
I might be wrong but was The Rock Criterion?

I think it was :nod:

Dave 21st October 2020 02:35 PM

The Arrow Thread

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 638349)
After Vin Diesel it wouldn't surprise me. They'll be releasing Marvel stuff next.???

Or this?

Attachment 228770

Rik 21st October 2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 638351)

Yeah, I saw that, just checking the weather forecast for this weekend, can’t have a bbq in the rain :lol:

Susan Foreman 21st October 2020 03:59 PM

Balancing rocks are a noted feature of the Chihuahuan Desert

The Chihuahuan Desert is a part of the West Texas Desert

What film starts with a youngster giving a lift to a man in the West Texas Desert?

will graham 21st October 2020 05:06 PM

they've had postcards for southland tales for about a year now so it must be that or the hitcher.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st October 2020 06:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 638354)
I think it was :nod:

That and Armageddon!

Criterion must've needed funds boosted back then!:lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st October 2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 638362)
Balancing rocks are a noted feature of the Chihuahuan Desert

The Chihuahuan Desert is a part of the West Texas Desert

What film starts with a youngster giving a lift to a man in the West Texas Desert?

****!
BEAT ME TO IT!
:lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd October 2020 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 638351)

More than likely. It's been that long i'd forgotten Arrow were releasing it.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd October 2020 05:17 PM

You been in Fopp this week S?

marvinnashsear 22nd October 2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 638340)
I see Arrow have ‘Videoman’ streaming on their VOD service. I don’t have access to it, but it a great movie. I’d recommend it [emoji106] [emoji106]

Attachment 228769

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on Filmfour next Wednesday morning at 1.40am.

Susan Foreman 23rd October 2020 05:16 AM

There's a Zavvi exclusive 4K UHD Steelbox version of 'Oldboy' coming

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd October 2020 11:06 AM

Thought it was a He Got Game steelbook.....:pound:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd October 2020 11:11 AM

Anyone bought the Buttergeit set/or know if it contains seperate amarays?

Doesn’t seem to be images anywhere....

Rik 23rd October 2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 638500)

I bet it’s the same as the Bava set and like a book, same goes for the HG Lewis one :nod:

Rob4 23rd October 2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 638500)

I have it. Lots of debits. The slipcase is not the usual heavy duty efforts. It's flimsier but not as bad as major studio efforst e.g. Alien Anthology. It contains only two amarays containing two discs in each. Nekromaantik/Der Todesking in one, Nekromantik 2/Schramm in the other. Only the new artwork is available on the amaray sleeves.

Few complaints of miss-selling on blurage.

Susan Foreman 23rd October 2020 02:04 PM

NEW UK TITLE: Oldboy (4K UHD Blu-ray)

Release date: January 25th

Often cited as one of the best films of the 2000s and possibly the definitive example of extreme Asian cinema, Oldboy – directed with immense flair by Park Chan-wook - is a brutal, lyrical modern classic of the revenge genre

"Often cited as one of the best films of the 2000s and possibly the definitive example of extreme Asian cinema, Oldboy is a brutal, lyrical modern classic of the revenge genre.

Based on the Japanese manga of the same name, the film tells the horrific tale of Oh Dae-su (Choi Min-sik), a businessman who is inexplicably kidnapped and imprisoned in a grim hotel room-like cell for 15 years, without knowing his captor or the reason for his incarceration. Eventually released, he learns of his wife’s murder and embarks on a quest for revenge whilst also striking up a romance with a young, attractive sushi chef, Mi-do (Kang Hye-jung). He eventually finds his tormentor, but their final encounter will yield yet more unimaginable horrors...

Directed with immense flair by Park Chan-wook (JSA, The Handmaiden) as the second instalment of his Vengeance Trilogy, Oldboy blazed a trail at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival where it was lauded by the President of the Jury, director Quentin Tarantino. The film went on to become a huge international smash, blowing audiences’ minds with its concoction of filmmaking virtuosity, ingenious plotting, violence and pathos. Now, this masterpiece has been restored in 4K and is presented here with the feature-length documentary Old Days, and a massive array of extras."

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY CONTENTS

Two-disc edition featuring a new restoration of Oldboy on 4K UHD Blu-ray, and the acclaimed making-of documentary Old Days on Blu-ray
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Justin Erickson

DISC ONE – OLDBOY (4K UHD BLU-RAY)
  • Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised by director Park Chan-wook
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo
  • Original Korean and English soundtracks
  • Music and effects track
  • Newly translated, optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
  • Newly translated English subtitles for the Korean soundtrack
  • Audio commentary with director Park Chan-wook
  • Audio commentary with Park Chan-wook and cinematographer Jung Jung-hoon
  • Audio commentary with Park Chan-wook, and actors Choi Min-sik, Yu Ji-tae, Kang Hye-jung
  • New audio commentary with critic Jasper Sharp and writer Simon Ward
  • Out of the Past, new video appreciation by Asian film expert Tony Rayns
  • Deleted scenes with optional director commentary
  • Behind the scenes featurettes
  • Extensive cast and crew interviews
  • Trailers and teasers
  • Image gallery

DISC TWO - OLD DAYS (BLU-RAY)
  • Old Days: An Oldboy Story, the acclaimed feature-length 2016 documentary about Park Chan-wook’s masterpiece
  • Autobiography of Oldboy, a three-and-a-half-hour video diary of the making of Oldboy
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Fully illustrated booklet featuring new writing by Simon Abrams and archival articles

Rik 23rd October 2020 02:06 PM

Hope the weather is nice for my bbq :lol:

Susan Foreman 23rd October 2020 02:07 PM

NEW UK TITLE: [REC] (Blu-ray)

Release date: January 4

Fusing the zombie genre with the “found footage” format to throw the audience right into the midst of the action, [REC] is a terrifying, relentless rollercoaster ride which builds to one of the horror genre’s all time bone-chilling climaxes.

"28 Days Later meets The Blair Witch Project as a mysterious virus turns the inhabitants of an apartment building into a horde of frenzied, bloodthirsty ghouls in [REC] - the original 2007 “found footage” phenomenon that spawned a hit franchise and US remake.

A television film crew, documenting the night shift of a Barcelona fire brigade, get much more than they bargained for when they attend an apparently routine call-out. Upon arrival at an inner city apartment, the firefighters are viciously attacked by the elderly female occupant, who appears to be in the throes of some sort of viral infection. Before long, the virus has taken hold of the entire building, which is cordoned off by the authorities. Trapped inside, the television crew - using their cameras to capture the events as they unfold - and the other remaining survivors find themselves pitched into a nightmare of unimaginable proportions.

Fusing the zombie genre with the “found footage” format to throw the audience right into the midst of the action, [REC] is a terrifying, relentless rollercoaster ride which builds to one of the horror genre’s all time bone-chilling climaxes"

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition Blu-ray presentation with two viewing options: the "theatrical version" (24fps, 1080p, 78 mins) as shown in cinemas, and the "production version" (25fps, 1080i, 75 mins) as originally filmed
  • Original Spanish DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 2.0 audio options on both versions
  • Optional English subtitles
  • New audio commentary by film critic and historian Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Found Footage Horror: Fear and the Appearance of Reality
  • Archive commentary by directors Jaume Balaguero & Paco Plaza
  • The Making of [REC], an archive featurette examining the process of production featuring interviews with cast & crew
  • How to Shoot a Horror Movie, a French-language featurette presented by directors Jaume Balaguero & Paco Plaza
  • Archive interview with Jaume Balaguero & Paco Plaza looking back on the film
  • The Fantastic Four, an archive panel discussion with [REC] directors Jaume Balaguero, Paco Plaza and new wave Spanish horror contemporaries Gonzalo Lopez Callego and Juan Antonio Bayona
  • On set footage of the cast & crew at work on key scenes including “the attack on Mrs. Izquierdo” and the “climb to hell”
  • Archive interview with director of photography Pablo Rosso
  • Archive interview with sound supervisor Xavi Mas
  • Archive interview with sound designer Oriol Tarragó
  • Confidences, a video diary by star Manuela Velasco
  • Deleted and extended scenes, including “Fire Station Redux”, “The Secret Archive” and “Corridors of Nails”
  • Casting, original video footage from the audition process
  • Trailers and TV spots
  • Image gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabalais
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors' booklet with new writing on the film by Xavier Aldana Reyes