Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

J Harker 19th September 2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 418252)
I'll say the only thing unique to the boxset, will be the box and a booklet, just like The Boro set & and the Phibes set.

But is the book essentially just six individual booklets compiled into one 200 page job or extra stuff. Like the Phibes book which they said would contain much more than the scaled down booklets which will be in the individual releases?

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th September 2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 418258)
But is the book essentially just six individual booklets compiled into one 200 page job or extra stuff. Like the Phibes book which they said would contain much more than the scaled down booklets which will be in the individual releases?

Probably like the Phibes one. Not too bothered about books myself, or even the booklets. Tbh, i'd rather they got rid of the booklets. More often than not, their booklets are damaged to some degree on the back page. Either that, or get them manufactured by someone else.

BAKA 19th September 2014 12:42 PM

I really can't even comprehend that. You'd rather they completely disregard what is often a wealth of content over a few bent corners? Often I've found the booklets to be of more worth than some of the features on the discs. Especially these days, since they beefed up the content and quality. I'd go as far to say Arrow's booklets have surpassed MoC and Criterion.

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th September 2014 12:52 PM

I hardly ever read them. Same with the MoC ones. And bent corners I can live with. Ripped booklets, no.

shel 19th September 2014 01:03 PM

I love reading through the books after watching the feature, hope they dont stop putting these great bog reading material in their releases. And touch wood havent had a damaged one YET (sods law that all of my next purchases will be screwed).

Glad that the Price films are landing individually cos I dont want to double dip or shell out that kinda cash for one thing. More Bava is always a good thing too.

Crimson Blade 19th September 2014 01:15 PM

I've never seen The Haunted Palace or Tomb of Ligeia. But i think i'll wait for the amarays as i'm not double dipping on Usher or The Pit And The Pendulum.

As for Nekromantik, i don't really love the film enough to justify the blu upgrade. Prefer the sequel tbh.

Great news about the Bava though.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th September 2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 418223)
Looks like Arrow are having another Flash Sale.

I used some reward points to buy Koyaanisqatsi+Powaqqatsi for the vast sum of £1.18!

keirarts 19th September 2014 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 145037

Ordered! Didn't bother using any points until I know what the issue is with them, Can't turn this down at £12.99

Daemonia 19th September 2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 418246)
Has someone confirmed that the other four Vincent Price titles will be Amaray only when they finally see individual releases? I quite fancy the boxset and so far I've only picked up the Usher Steelbook, so if Arrow can confirm that there will be much in the way of extra content unique to the boxset then.i might be tempted.

Yes, I asked Arrow if the other four would be getting the steelbook treatment, and they said they wouldn't. I'm annoyed. I was looking forward to more Price/Corman in steelbook format. Now it'll be two steelies and the rest amarays. Not happy at all.

DayzeUK 19th September 2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 418304)
Attachment 145037

Ordered! Didn't bother using any points until I know what the issue is with them, Can't turn this down at £12.99

Same here, £83 spent in total (dont tell the other half mind you), didnt use my points until we know whats going on.