Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th September 2014, 11:15 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'll say the only thing unique to the boxset, will be the box and a booklet, just like The Boro set & and the Phibes set.
But is the book essentially just six individual booklets compiled into one 200 page job or extra stuff. Like the Phibes book which they said would contain much more than the scaled down booklets which will be in the individual releases?
Old 19th September 2014, 12:20 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
But is the book essentially just six individual booklets compiled into one 200 page job or extra stuff. Like the Phibes book which they said would contain much more than the scaled down booklets which will be in the individual releases?

Probably like the Phibes one. Not too bothered about books myself, or even the booklets. Tbh, i'd rather they got rid of the booklets. More often than not, their booklets are damaged to some degree on the back page. Either that, or get them manufactured by someone else.
Old 19th September 2014, 12:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I really can't even comprehend that. You'd rather they completely disregard what is often a wealth of content over a few bent corners? Often I've found the booklets to be of more worth than some of the features on the discs. Especially these days, since they beefed up the content and quality. I'd go as far to say Arrow's booklets have surpassed MoC and Criterion.
PaulD and sjconstable like this.
Old 19th September 2014, 12:52 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I hardly ever read them. Same with the MoC ones. And bent corners I can live with. Ripped booklets, no.
Old 19th September 2014, 01:03 PM
Cultist

I love reading through the books after watching the feature, hope they dont stop putting these great bog reading material in their releases. And touch wood havent had a damaged one YET (sods law that all of my next purchases will be screwed).

Glad that the Price films are landing individually cos I dont want to double dip or shell out that kinda cash for one thing. More Bava is always a good thing too.
Old 19th September 2014, 01:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've never seen The Haunted Palace or Tomb of Ligeia. But i think i'll wait for the amarays as i'm not double dipping on Usher or The Pit And The Pendulum.

As for Nekromantik, i don't really love the film enough to justify the blu upgrade. Prefer the sequel tbh.

Great news about the Bava though.
Old 19th September 2014, 03:27 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Looks like Arrow are having another Flash Sale.
I used some reward points to buy Koyaanisqatsi+Powaqqatsi for the vast sum of £1.18!
Old 19th September 2014, 04:49 PM
Cult Addict

koy.jpg

Ordered! Didn't bother using any points until I know what the issue is with them, Can't turn this down at £12.99
Old 19th September 2014, 05:54 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Has someone confirmed that the other four Vincent Price titles will be Amaray only when they finally see individual releases? I quite fancy the boxset and so far I've only picked up the Usher Steelbook, so if Arrow can confirm that there will be much in the way of extra content unique to the boxset then.i might be tempted.
Yes, I asked Arrow if the other four would be getting the steelbook treatment, and they said they wouldn't. I'm annoyed. I was looking forward to more Price/Corman in steelbook format. Now it'll be two steelies and the rest amarays. Not happy at all.
Gold6082 likes this.
Old 19th September 2014, 06:01 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Attachment 145037

Ordered! Didn't bother using any points until I know what the issue is with them, Can't turn this down at £12.99
Same here, £83 spent in total (dont tell the other half mind you), didnt use my points until we know whats going on.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!