Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Silentbob 20th September 2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 418370)
Can't believe no-one's noticed yet, that Night Of The Comet is released on Monday, and Arrow don't have it in stock yet at their site.

They definitely had it in on 9 September, as they posted it on their Facebook page, but, I don't think it ever changed to in-stock on their website.

Zavvi didn't get it in this week & Amazon still haven't dispatched (or even started the dispatch process) my copy, so maybe there are stock issues?

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th September 2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silentbob (Post 418450)
They definitely had it in on 9 September, as they posted it on their Facebook page, but, I don't think it ever changed to in-stock on their website.

Zavvi didn't get it in this week & Amazon still haven't dispatched (or even started the dispatch process) my copy, so maybe there are stock issues?

Yeah I remember them saying they had it on facebook, that's why I'm surprised it still says stock on order on the site.

Daemonia 21st September 2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 418333)
They've said on fb that the book in the boxset will contain material unique to the boxset.

I don't buy Blu-rays for books, I buy them for the films. :)

keirarts 21st September 2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 418528)
I don't buy Blu-rays for books, I buy them for the films. :)

I buy them for the complete package, the books don't sway me but I'd rather have them than not. I'll be buying the price set in spite of the double dipping. I'd rather spend my money there than on Code red stuff at the minute. (even if I could)

Rik 21st September 2014 03:19 PM

I like the booklets too, not bothered that the posters aren't included anymore, because all mine are still folded in their cases, but like Stephen, I've had a few turn up ripped, eg the comic with Day of the Dead was torn in both DVD and BD sets that I got brand new and sealed!

Daemonia 22nd September 2014 12:23 AM

Oh yeah, I'm not saying I don't like the books, but primarily I buy films for...well...the films. And, if I'm honest, I never read the booklets anyway. I've got loads of discs with booklets included and I've never read any of them. Not a single one. :coolblue:

sjconstable 22nd September 2014 12:40 AM

I always think Blu-rays seem a bit tacky if they don't have a booklet.

fuzzymctiger 22nd September 2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjconstable (Post 418587)
I always think Blu-rays seem a bit tacky if they don't have a booklet.

I agree. My code red and scream blu rays just feel empty

As for arrow booklets, I've probably had two tiny tears from absolutely stuffed packages, and one folded back. So strange reading all the things about tears and damage

BAKA 22nd September 2014 02:54 PM

It seems like Rabid Dogs may finally be hitting one of the multitude of release dates it's had.

Quote:

What did you watch at the weekend? The Arrow Video team were busy working on Jules Dassin's THE NAKED CITY and Mario Bava's RABID DOGS (both of which are nearly ready)!
:woot:

Let's hope they don't forget all the orders from the old store.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd September 2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 418457)
Yeah I remember them saying they had it on facebook, that's why I'm surprised it still says stock on order on the site.

Nowt here either.Still 'Stock on order' and Zavvi and Amazon don't have it either.

I can feel another 'To ensure we give you the best release possible....' approaching......;)