Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2014, 08:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default hmv

it's pot luck what Hmv get in, no night of the comet, but got the visitor, wonder if melting man will be in next week
Old 8th October 2014, 08:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah smaller stores only seem to get certain titles.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th October 2014, 09:59 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Wow!! When I first joined CL, the three films that I said definitely needed uk releases were Contraband, The Mad Foxes and the above. As the song goes, two out of three ain't bad.
Old 9th October 2014, 10:14 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Wow!! When I first joined CL, the three films that I said definitely needed uk releases were Contraband, The Mad Foxes and the above. As the song goes, two out of three ain't bad.
Not bad at all!

I'd like to see Mad Foxes get some love, although I can't really see any UK company releasing it in the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

Hopefully someone like Code Red, Scorpion, or Synapse will release it in the US. I think it has recently received a German/Austrian release with a Rick Melton artwork slapped on the front, however I have no idea what the quality of the disc is like.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 9th October 2014, 10:35 AM
Cult Addict

Yeah, that Austrian disc already goes for silly money, BE. I really don't understand what the problem is with the rights on this one. After all, Diethrich was quite happy for it to get an Austrian release. Perhaps he doesn't want any third party releases?, but on typing that, what about the Anchor Bay Franco box set that was doing the rounds a few years ago?
Old 9th October 2014, 11:14 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

This is mildly amusing.

Arrow want you to pay for them to land in the USA.

When this happens all people will do is moan about what is being released over there compared to back home. There's evidence of this already on here.
mr 420 and shel like this.
Old 9th October 2014, 11:20 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
This is mildly amusing.

When this happens all people will do is moan about what is being released over there compared to back home. There's evidence of this already on here.
I hope they don't do a Mondo Macabro and go exclusively R1.
Old 9th October 2014, 11:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
This is mildly amusing.

That's not really true though. They're going to the US whether the crowd funding is successful or not.

Quote:
Indiegogo is not only a good way for us to gauge your interest – after all North America is a fiercely competitive market – but also for us to have the funds available to pick up more titles for release without there being a big gap in our schedule and have you get bored and forget about us. Without Indiegogo we would need to wait til our first releases go on sale before we can then see what appetite is like for a new label and the kinds of titles we release with the approach we take. Indiegogo enables us to weigh all that up in advance meaning we can continue at our usual pace – which in the UK is about three to four releases a month.
They've also implied that they will be going back to their roots, releasing more Italian films. With two markets to recoup the costs they're able to restore the titles themselves, rather than rely on the often poor quality masters they've been given in the past from Italian licensors. Considering some of your comments in recent years about not liking the more mainstream releases from Arrow and preferring their earlier output, this should be a positive for you?
Old 9th October 2014, 11:58 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
They've also implied that they will be going back to their roots, releasing more Italian films. With two markets to recoup the costs they're able to restore the titles themselves, rather than rely on the often poor quality masters they've been given in the past from Italian licensors. Considering some of your comments in recent years about not liking the more mainstream releases from Arrow and preferring their earlier output, this should be a positive for you?
Very much so.
Old 9th October 2014, 03:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Not sure if that will show if you're not on Facebook. Should be shipping next week Arrow are saying. Hopefully they ship out the orders from the older site ASAP. This is the last outstanding item from the previous site? It has to be, surely. Looking forward to checking that booklet too.

I wonder if they'll have The Girl Who Knew Too Much at the London Comic Con. I'm getting into London on the last day of the event, and am wondering whether to bother to check it out before heading to my hotel.
platostotal likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!