Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd November 2014, 07:15 PM
Cult Master

"They said it couldn't happen... BUT HERE IT IS!!! Time to feast your eyes on the artwork and full specs for our upcoming 3-disc release of notorious cult classic NEKROMANTIK - and boy, is this one an absolute monster! We've had to move the release date back to December 15th just to allow us time to accommodate all the goodness that's on offer here, but we're sure you won't be disappointed when you read on - seriously, this release is positively GROANING under the weight of all the special features.

So without further ado, here goes....

DEATH IS JUST THE BEGINNING

Nekromantik is the one-of-a-kind shock classic from cult director Jörg Buttgereit, weaving the tale of Rob Schmadtke (Daktari Lorenz), a young man who finds himself competing for the affections of his girlfriend with a putrefying cadaver.

An employee of Joe’s Streetcleaning Agency, a company which cleans up after grisly accidents, Rob takes advantage of his profession to indulge in his chosen hobby – the collection of body parts. Then, one day, Rob brings home an entire decomposing corpse, much to the delight of girlfriend Betty. There follows a twisted love triangle, resulting in some of the most shocking scenes ever committed to celluloid.

Nearly 30 years after its original release, Arrow Video is proud to present this classic of underground horror cinema – finally classified for UK release in its fully unexpurgated form.

3-DISC DIRECTOR-APPROVED LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of three Buttgereit films: Nekromantik (1987), Hot Love (1985) [29 mins] and Horror Heaven (1984) [23 mins]
- Optional English subtitles for all three films
- Limited Edition packaging featuring new artwork by Gilles Vranckx
- Individually-numbered #/3,000 Certificate
- Set of 5 Exclusive Limited Edition Nekromantik “polaroid” postcards
- Exclusive Limited Edition 100-page book.

DISC 1 [BLU-RAY] & DISC 2 [DVD] – NEKROMANTIK & JÖRG BUTTGEREIT SHORT FILMS

- Nekromantik audio commentary with Jörg Buttgereit and co writer Franz Rodenkirchen
- Hot Love audio commentary with Buttgereit
- Horror Heaven audio commentary with Buttgereit
- Director’s introduction to Nekromantik
- Alternative “Grindhouse Version” of Nekromantik, newly-transferred for this release from the only existing 35mm print [Blu-ray only]
- In Conversation with The Death King – A brand-new 2014 interview with Buttgereit conducted exclusively for this release
- Morbid Fascination: The Nekromantik Legacy – A brand-new 2014 documentary looking at the impact of the film on the horror scene both in the UK and abroad, featuring interviews with genre critic Alan Jones, Marc Morris, producer of Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide Parts 1 & 2, and Buttgereit biographer David Kerekes
- Q&A with Buttgereit recorded at Glasgow’s Centre for Contemporary Arts (2014)
- The Making of Nekromantik – A vintage documentary featuring a wealth of behind-the-scenes footage, newly-transferred in HD and viewable with two different audio tracks: an English commentary with Buttgereit, co-author Franz Rodenkirchen and David Kerekes, and a German-language audio track featuring radio interviews with Buttgereit, Rodenkirchen and producer Manfred Jelinski
- Nekromantik Featurette – A look back at the film’s production, featuring interviews with Buttgereit and Jelinski, produced for the film’s 10-year anniversary German VHS release
- Nekromantik Premiere – A short featurette comprised of footage from the film’s premiere in Berlin, January 1988
- “Das Letzte” – A short featurette comprising footage from the 1985 premiere of Hot Love
- Horror Heaven trailer featuring outtakes from the film
- Two Buttgereit-directed music videos: ‘I Can’t Let Go’ by Shock Therapy (1995) and ‘Lemmy, I’m a Feminist’ by Half Girl (2013)
- Complete collection of Buttgereit feature film trailers: Nekromantik, Der Todesking, Nekromantik 2 and Schramm
- Extensive image gallery including behind-the-scenes stills and the rare, surrealist German-language Nekromantik comic by Berlin artist Fil, reproduced in its entirety.

DISC 3 [CD] – NEKROMANTIK SOUNDTRACK: ULTIMATE EDITION - LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE

- 27-track CD featuring the complete Nekromantik soundtrack composed and performed by star Daktari Lorenz and musicians John Boy Walton and Hermann Kopp, plus rare tracks from Hot Love.

100-PAGE BOOK - ‘ROMANCE IS DEAD’ - LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE

- Exclusive perfect-bound book featuring a new article on Nekromantik from critic Graham Rae, alongside pieces from writers David Kerekes (Sex Murder Art: The Films of Jörg Buttgereit), Kier-La Janisse (House of Psychotic Women), Linnie Blake (The Wounds of Nations ) and an archive interview with real-life necrophile Karen Greenlee, all illustrated with new artwork and original archive stills."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic415 - nekromantik.jpg (40.2 KB, 22 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd November 2014, 07:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

That is certainly a stacked release! Not one that I'll be buying but it's certainly an excellent release.

With the extras and everything confirmed for the Six Gothic Tales I'm seriously thinking of ordering it, I just haven't seen that many Corman / Price films to really sway me.
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:06 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
"They said it couldn't happen... BUT HERE IT IS!!! Time to feast your eyes on the artwork and full specs for our upcoming 3-disc release of notorious cult classic NEKROMANTIK - and boy, is this one an absolute monster! We've had to move the release date back to December 15th just to allow us time to accommodate all the goodness that's on offer here, but we're sure you won't be disappointed when you read on - seriously, this release is positively GROANING under the weight of all the special features.

So without further ado, here goes....

DEATH IS JUST THE BEGINNING

Nekromantik is the one-of-a-kind shock classic from cult director Jörg Buttgereit, weaving the tale of Rob Schmadtke (Daktari Lorenz), a young man who finds himself competing for the affections of his girlfriend with a putrefying cadaver.

An employee of Joe’s Streetcleaning Agency, a company which cleans up after grisly accidents, Rob takes advantage of his profession to indulge in his chosen hobby – the collection of body parts. Then, one day, Rob brings home an entire decomposing corpse, much to the delight of girlfriend Betty. There follows a twisted love triangle, resulting in some of the most shocking scenes ever committed to celluloid.

Nearly 30 years after its original release, Arrow Video is proud to present this classic of underground horror cinema – finally classified for UK release in its fully unexpurgated form.

3-DISC DIRECTOR-APPROVED LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of three Buttgereit films: Nekromantik (1987), Hot Love (1985) [29 mins] and Horror Heaven (1984) [23 mins]
- Optional English subtitles for all three films
- Limited Edition packaging featuring new artwork by Gilles Vranckx
- Individually-numbered #/3,000 Certificate
- Set of 5 Exclusive Limited Edition Nekromantik “polaroid” postcards
- Exclusive Limited Edition 100-page book.

DISC 1 [BLU-RAY] & DISC 2 [DVD] – NEKROMANTIK & JÖRG BUTTGEREIT SHORT FILMS

- Nekromantik audio commentary with Jörg Buttgereit and co writer Franz Rodenkirchen
- Hot Love audio commentary with Buttgereit
- Horror Heaven audio commentary with Buttgereit
- Director’s introduction to Nekromantik
- Alternative “Grindhouse Version” of Nekromantik, newly-transferred for this release from the only existing 35mm print [Blu-ray only]
- In Conversation with The Death King – A brand-new 2014 interview with Buttgereit conducted exclusively for this release
- Morbid Fascination: The Nekromantik Legacy – A brand-new 2014 documentary looking at the impact of the film on the horror scene both in the UK and abroad, featuring interviews with genre critic Alan Jones, Marc Morris, producer of Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide Parts 1 & 2, and Buttgereit biographer David Kerekes
- Q&A with Buttgereit recorded at Glasgow’s Centre for Contemporary Arts (2014)
- The Making of Nekromantik – A vintage documentary featuring a wealth of behind-the-scenes footage, newly-transferred in HD and viewable with two different audio tracks: an English commentary with Buttgereit, co-author Franz Rodenkirchen and David Kerekes, and a German-language audio track featuring radio interviews with Buttgereit, Rodenkirchen and producer Manfred Jelinski
- Nekromantik Featurette – A look back at the film’s production, featuring interviews with Buttgereit and Jelinski, produced for the film’s 10-year anniversary German VHS release
- Nekromantik Premiere – A short featurette comprised of footage from the film’s premiere in Berlin, January 1988
- “Das Letzte” – A short featurette comprising footage from the 1985 premiere of Hot Love
- Horror Heaven trailer featuring outtakes from the film
- Two Buttgereit-directed music videos: ‘I Can’t Let Go’ by Shock Therapy (1995) and ‘Lemmy, I’m a Feminist’ by Half Girl (2013)
- Complete collection of Buttgereit feature film trailers: Nekromantik, Der Todesking, Nekromantik 2 and Schramm
- Extensive image gallery including behind-the-scenes stills and the rare, surrealist German-language Nekromantik comic by Berlin artist Fil, reproduced in its entirety.

DISC 3 [CD] – NEKROMANTIK SOUNDTRACK: ULTIMATE EDITION - LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE

- 27-track CD featuring the complete Nekromantik soundtrack composed and performed by star Daktari Lorenz and musicians John Boy Walton and Hermann Kopp, plus rare tracks from Hot Love.

100-PAGE BOOK - ‘ROMANCE IS DEAD’ - LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE

- Exclusive perfect-bound book featuring a new article on Nekromantik from critic Graham Rae, alongside pieces from writers David Kerekes (Sex Murder Art: The Films of Jörg Buttgereit), Kier-La Janisse (House of Psychotic Women), Linnie Blake (The Wounds of Nations ) and an archive interview with real-life necrophile Karen Greenlee, all illustrated with new artwork and original archive stills."
Archive interview with real life necrophile! Now there's a selling point you don't hear very often. I presume it is the interview from the underground classic: " Apocalypse Culture".
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 4th November 2014, 06:06 PM
Cult Master

"***Limited Edition Updates***
We have been getting a few queries about the availability of our upcoming and recently released limited edition sets so we thought it would be a good idea to post a quick update to enable you to plan your purchases:

Stray Cat Rock: The Collection: 30% left
Vincent Price in Six Gothic Tales: 70% left
Nekromantik: 60% left
Withnail and I: 13% left

Our Withnail and I set is now low on stock so if you are planning on ordering this edition we would suggest you do it sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th November 2014, 07:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Wonder if Withnail & I is sold out already? Can't find it on their site at all, Amazon is out too. Must be their fastest sold out release ever?
Old 4th November 2014, 07:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeZius View Post
Wonder if Withnail & I is sold out already? Can't find it on their site at all, Amazon is out too. Must be their fastest sold out release ever?
Arrow confirmed earlier today that Withnail stocks are down to just 13%.
Old 4th November 2014, 07:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
"***Limited Edition Updates***
We have been getting a few queries about the availability of our upcoming and recently released limited edition sets so we thought it would be a good idea to post a quick update to enable you to plan your purchases:

Stray Cat Rock: The Collection: 30% left
Vincent Price in Six Gothic Tales: 70% left
Nekromantik: 60% left
Withnail and I: 13% left

Our Withnail and I set is now low on stock so if you are planning on ordering this edition we would suggest you do it sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment."
I can't see myself getting Whitnail really, too expensive and it'll sell out too soon.

I just hope stray cat and Vincent Price are still around by Christmas!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 4th November 2014, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good old marketing tactics mate.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th November 2014, 08:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Good old marketing tactics mate.....

Though I do believe that Withnail set will be gone in days.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th November 2014, 08:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Though I do believe that Withnail set will be gone in days.
Only place it's still around is Zavvi, and for £39 I'm certainly not in a hurry, or a financial state to spend that much on one movie I've never seen. If it comes to itI can justify Stray Cat or price, but not this

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!