Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th November 2014, 11:42 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'll get the Corman/Poe's and Rabid providing it's uncut, that's about it for me
Rabid is definitely uncut. As soon as the Shivers situation came to light, I was asked to perform a forensic examination of Arrow's Rabid master, and it not only matched an uncut NTSC DVD frame for frame but it also includes two bits of footage that were mysteriously dropped from some European releases (the scene in the parking lot being the key one - I've no idea why that was ever removed).

I also checked the running time of Arrow's master against the running times of previous versions (based on physical footage measurements rather than rounded-up/down hours+minutes) and also scored a perfect match once I'd realised that the reason that Arrow's master initially appeared slightly longer was that it ran at 23.976fps as opposed to the theatrical 24fps.

In other words, you can relax about this one!
Old 25th November 2014, 11:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Rabid is definitely uncut. As soon as the Shivers situation came to light, I was asked to perform a forensic examination of Arrow's Rabid master, and it not only matched an uncut NTSC DVD frame for frame but it also includes two bits of footage that were mysteriously dropped from some European releases (the scene in the parking lot being the key one - I've no idea why that was ever removed).

I also checked the running time of Arrow's master against the running times of previous versions (based on physical footage measurements rather than rounded-up/down hours+minutes) and also scored a perfect match once I'd realised that the reason that Arrow's master initially appeared slightly longer was that it ran at 23.976fps as opposed to the theatrical 24fps.

Thanks for this Michael, that's good to know
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th November 2014, 12:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Apart from Rabid there isn't much there that interests me, to be honest it's a pretty poor lineup. Withnail yet again - Arrows millstone and solo releases of titles from the Vincent Price Gothic Tales set which by February will of been on sale three months. I expect a fair amount of people will moan about that fact. Well I hope March contains some better releases like some Bava or Fulci or DePalma.
Old 25th November 2014, 12:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Withnail isn't remotely a "millstone" - the limited edition is all but sold out now, and Arrow's considerable investment in two brand new 2K transfers should comfortably break even when all's said and done. I get the impression that they've been very gratified by the response, as it was a hefty gamble given that it was the third Blu-ray release in the UK.

And Arrow confirmed at the time of the original announcement of the Six Gothic Tales box that there would be individual releases of the four previously unreleased discs in early 2015 - indeed, they were very keen to get them out quickly because they knew that many people wouldn't want to double-dip on Usher and Pendulum for entirely understandable reasons.
Old 25th November 2014, 01:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post

Sir, I salute your hard work and you can tell Arrow they definitely have a guaranteed sale!
zane, J Harker and Horrormad1983 like this.
Old 25th November 2014, 05:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Glad to see that the Price films are coming out pretty quickly. Will definitely be picking them up.

The only other title i'm really interested in is Rabid.
Old 25th November 2014, 05:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

I really, really like Thief, so will grab that, I'm also liking the idea of a set of individual Poe releases on the shelf as a collection so might dip into em, seems a shame Arrow can't seem to come up with Blood and Black Lace to go with the other classic Bava releases(hint,hint)
Old 25th November 2014, 06:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
I really, really like Thief, so will grab that, I'm also liking the idea of a set of individual Poe releases on the shelf as a collection so might dip into em, seems a shame Arrow can't seem to come up with Blood and Black Lace to go with the other classic Bava releases(hint,hint)
I thought I saw in a post somewhere on the net they were planning to do a Bava special edition boxset like Stray Cat Rock etc but it appears they have shot that idea down in a reply to my post on facebook

Last edited by Buboven; 25th November 2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 25th November 2014, 07:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think the idea of a Bava Box is in the planning stages, they could be holding off releasing more Bava at the moment as soon the UK and US releases melt into one. Presumably Arrow have the rights to Planet and Five Dolls which could form part of a Bava Box.
Old 25th November 2014, 07:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

That Rabid steelie looks stunning, such a shame The Brood never got a steelbook release to complete the set
plasterface likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!