Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26041Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th December 2014, 03:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this any more!
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th December 2014, 04:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I remember when I used to pre-order 5-6 titles each time Arrow made announcements. This time I'll only get Rabid. Their choice of movies are mostly "meh" for me recently. Thanks God Grindhouse Releasing is back in game, Blue Underground is still around, Raro is releasing new stuff (although the quality is not very good often) and most importantly 88 Films is becoming my new favorite cult label.

Edit: Forgot about Synapse
J Harker and Boo Radley like this.

Last edited by Antropophagus; 19th December 2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 19th December 2014, 05:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Only Day of Anger and maybe, just maybe Rollerball of any real interest there. Been over 20 years since i watched Rollerball and i remember being bored. But i was probably too young.
No. It's just as boring as you remember it.
Old 19th December 2014, 06:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well if anyone has read my comments on Facebook they already know my opinion. Nothing really of interest for me, all I can say is thank the lord for 88 Films.
Old 19th December 2014, 07:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
No. It's just as boring as you remember it.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttt, boring, never, fantastic film.
Boo Radley likes this.
Old 19th December 2014, 07:43 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Well if anyone has read my comments on Facebook they already know my opinion. Nothing really of interest for me, all I can say is thank the lord for 88 Films.
REALLY looking forward to their tide of so bad their good cult titles in 2015!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th December 2014, 12:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

It does appear to me that Arrow have turned their backs on the kind of Euro Cult fare most of us on here like. Yes their continuing to put of Bava titles but they do seem to be heading into more American cinema.
Old 20th December 2014, 12:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
It does appear to me that Arrow have turned their backs on the kind of Euro Cult fare most of us on here like. Yes their continuing to put of Bava titles but they do seem to be heading into more American cinema.
Milano Calibre 9 and Nightmare City are due to be reannounced with new transfers made by Arrow, and they've previously stated the IndieGoGo campgain will allow for more Euro Crime, Giallo etc with new transfers.

It'll probably just take some time, but I bet we'll see those Bava's with new transfers when they do come.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 20th December 2014, 12:47 AM
Cult Addict

I do see some truth in what you're saying Jamiouse, it feels as if the more successful Arrow have become as a label the less titles they release that I'm really interested in. As far as European cinema goes they seem to be focusing more on arty farty stuff I don't care about . I almost feel guilty that for all the work and love that clearly went into their Walerian Bolokywolocz boxset i couldn't care less about such stuff. The stuff that got them recognized by fans in the first place, the sleazy fleapit nasties they were so proud of releasing seem to be few and far between now. That said its only my personal observation and there is always something in their line ups I'm happy about.
Antropophagus likes this.
Old 20th December 2014, 12:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I do see some truth in what you're saying Jamiouse, it feels as if the more successful Arrow have become as a label the less titles they release that I'm really interested in. As far as European cinema goes they seem to be focusing more on arty farty stuff I don't care about . I almost feel guilty that for all the work and love that clearly went into their Walerian Bolokywolocz boxset i couldn't care less about such stuff. The stuff that got them recognized by fans in the first place, the sleazy fleapit nasties they were so proud of releasing seem to be few and far between now. That said its only my personal observation and there is always something in their line ups I'm happy about.
You've hit the nail on the head!
Antropophagus likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!