LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2014, 01:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Cult films aren't just horror films, some are wildly popular films but still have cult followings. Just look at the loons who dress up as nuns for sing-a-long showing of "The Sound of Music".
I prefer buying a brown shaggy haired toilet seat cover from Argos and dressing up as the yeti from Night of the Demon....still cult though eh?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th December 2014, 01:57 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I prefer buying a brown shaggy haired toilet seat cover from Argos and dressing up as the yeti from Night of the Demon....still cult though eh?
Haha, but when I think about it, I bet you have.
Old 20th December 2014, 01:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
But it does seem whenever it is suggested Arrow have moved away from cult movies and towards the mainstream someone wheels Borowczyk out. With respect to the guy and his films i can't be the only one who isn't the least bit interested?

I "wheel Borowczyk out" because one of his films (and arguably his cultiest unreleased title) is my current project, and it's one of the best examples of what I very much hope Arrow will be doing more of - which is going back to 35mm basics to create absolutely definitive editions by maintaining complete control over every element.

Even if you're not interested in his films specifically, surely you can see the wider picture here? Borowczyk certainly won't be the only beneficiary of Arrow's restoration strategy, and I very much hope there'll be similarly ambitious attempts at reviving entire reputations (as opposed to one-off films) over the next few years - which the wholly unexpected success of the Borowczyk releases have made more likely.
Seasoned Cultist

And I prefer some news from Arrow like this one from Grindhouse:

Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You'd win that bet......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th December 2014, 02:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hmm a Pieces Blu Ray.Nice!

One of the best slasher flicks ever made!

Old 20th December 2014, 02:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
I "wheel Borowczyk out" because one of his films (and arguably his cultiest unreleased title) is my current project, and it's one of the best examples of what I very much hope Arrow will be doing more of - which is going back to 35mm basics to create absolutely definitive editions by maintaining complete control over every element.

Even if you're not interested in his films specifically, surely you can see the wider picture here? Borowczyk certainly won't be the only beneficiary of Arrow's restoration strategy, and I very much hope there'll be similarly ambitious attempts at reviving entire reputations (as opposed to one-off films) over the next few years - which the wholly unexpected success of the Borowczyk releases have made more likely.
Are you involved in restoring Milano Calibro 9?
Old 20th December 2014, 02:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
Are you involved in restoring Milano Calibro 9?

No - sorry!
Old 20th December 2014, 02:13 PM
Cult Addict

Its all subjective though isn't it at the end of the day.
Say hyperthetically i was Arrows one and only customer. And they said we are going to put out exclusive restorations of The Burbs and Withnail and I. Packed with features. I'd be chuffed. I was in fact. They tell me to bare with them, there'll be more culty niche stuff coming but for now we need to make some serious money on these bigger more mainstream titles. I say yeah great. Then they plough said profits into Borowczyk and Nekromantik.
I'm disappointed because i don't care about this stuff and feel its a waste of money that i would rather them spend on say a Blind Dead Collection or a Phantasm Boxset or a few John Carpenter titles.
And every one of us will feel different about what they do and don't release.
Old 20th December 2014, 02:20 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
No - sorry!
Nightmare City?

Like this? Share it using the links below!